Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's do this...

How did you find CUF?

Heard about it on CB. Pissed that I ever donated $10 over there. Although I do get a kick out of watching those guys squabble over every little detail of the church. Some of those guys take themselves way too seriously (almost to the point that it is scary.)

What do you like about CUF?

We'll see

What don't I like about CUF?

We'll see

How did you choose your moniker?

11:34 comes twice a day. 11:34 AM and 11:34 PM.

What do you do (other than read CUF)?

Work and outdoors.

How many States have you lived in?

Utah (current)
    Puerto Rico (for only 5 months or so.)
    The ocean is cool but the Wasatch Mountains are better.

What are your sports loyalties?

Brigham Young Cougars
    Arkansas Razorbacks

What's your standing in the church?

Which church? I don't belong to any of them.

Do you pee in the sink?

Twice that I can think of. It was going to be either the floor or the sink. I figured since the sink had a drain it would be more sanitary.

When your kids get older, will you do drugs with them in order to teach them a responsible approach to drugs?

I always thought it was weird when friends parents would do drugs with their kids. I doubt I would.
    Last edited by Eleven34; 07-17-2011, 11:41 AM.

Were you sent home early from your mission?
    That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens

http://twitter.com/SoonerCoug

Comment

Negative. Did not serve a mission. Just went down to PR with friends, got jobs, surfed, camped, explored, got tired of the beach/ocean and then made my way back to SLC and the Wasatch Mountains.

Comment

Originally posted by Eleven34 View Post
        Negative. Did not serve a mission. Just went down to PR with friends, got jobs, surfed, camped, explored, got tired of the beach/ocean and then made my way back to SLC and the Wasatch Mountains.
        So you no longer consider yourself a Mormon? Tell us more about that.
        That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens

http://twitter.com/SoonerCoug

Comment

Welcome.

Also, talk more about the surfing. How long have you surfed? Quiver?

Where were you in PR? I've spent my fair share of time on that island.
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerCoug View Post
            So you no longer consider yourself a Mormon? Tell us more about that.
            Not much of an interesting story there...grew up around the Mormon church (most of my family are Mormon) but not really in the Mormon church (I was baptized at 8 but have never really participated in the church much beyond baptism and Scouting.) As far as standards and morals go I might as well have been a full fledged Mo.

At 19, as most of my friends began leaving on missions, I decided to give the Church an honest go. Attended meetings on Sundays, read the scriptures, prayed, etc. Never got the slightest bit of anything out of it. Was told that either I wasn't truly trying hard enough or that there was something I was doing in my life that was blocking out the Spirit. So I tried even harder...still nothing.

Although I find some of their myths, legends and rituals odd I have absolutely nothing against the Mormon church and do appreciate it for the good that it contributes to our community. It just does absolutely nothing for me on a spiritual level.

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              Welcome.

Also, talk more about the surfing. How long have you surfed? Quiver?

Where were you in PR? I've spent my fair share of time on that island.
              This was back in 2002. We lived in Dorado in a community almost directly across the street from the Hyatt.

Did the majority of my surfing at the Hollows which is between Barceloneta and Arecibo. I loved how secluded that section of the coast was. Most of our time spent out there we would rarely see another human being.

There was some negative that came along with this seclusion. We had to make sure the car was empty and the windows were rolled down. Otherwise we would come back to broken windows and stolen goods. I easily spent $500 replacing windows on that car.

We also met a a Hawaiian babe who had an apartment in Rincon on Highway 413. Whenever she was out of town she would let us crash at her pad. Unfortunately for us the surf was horrible every time we stayed there and I never was able to experience what the locals claimed as their world class surf.

Comment

This was back in 2002. We lived in Dorado in a community almost directly across the street from the Hyatt.

Did the majority of my surfing at the Hollows which is between Barceloneta and Arecibo. I loved how secluded that section of the coast was. Most of our time spent out there we would rarely see another human being.

There was some negative that came along with this seclusion. We had to make sure the car was empty and the windows were rolled down. Otherwise we would come back to broken windows and stolen goods. I easily spent $500 replacing windows on that car.

We also met a a Hawaiian babe who had an apartment in Rincon on Highway 413. Whenever she was out of town she would let us crash at her pad. Unfortunately for us the surf was horrible every time we stayed there and I never was able to experience what the locals claimed as their world class surf.
                Cool, so you were basically right there in San Juan area. Did you ever make it down to Bayamon? (el tapon de bayamon...ugh..) The majority of my time was spent near the Mayaguez area, so closer to Rincon (and the Bacardi factory ). Also, Ponce on the South side. That is interesting what you mention about the vandalism...we basically would ride bikes with boards to avoid that very thing.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Yep did quite a bit of work in in Bayamon. There was a ma & pa pizza joint there (I forget exactly where and the name) that had the most amazing calzones...I know, who would think that PR could have such a delicious Italian dish!...I would go out of my way to frequent that place and have yet to taste a calzone that even came close to comparing to theirs.

Also did a bit of exploring en El Yunque. Had allot of fun out there. Made it to the Bioluminescent Bay in Fajardo but the moon was unusually bright that night. Was still a great time kayaking up the river but the light from the water wasn't as bright as I've seen in pictures. Would like to go back and try again on a dark black night.

My one regret after leaving the island was not touring the Bacardi factory. I didn't drink at the time but always enjoy bringing local bottles of brew home to my friends.

Comment

1134 spells hell in old school pager language (upside down). For whatever reason, I still get the creeps when I look at the clock and it's 11:34.
                    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                      1134 spells hell in old school pager language (upside down). For whatever reason, I still get the creeps when I look at the clock and it's 11:34.
                      Long story short on how the moniker came to be: For many many years it seems as though every time my friends and I happened to be wondering the time of day and glanced over at the clock...it is 11:34.

The first few times this happened (many years ago) was on a digital clock. Turn that digital clock upside down and the result is the same as the calculator. We all got a kick out of it. All of these years later and (subconsciously) most times I need to know the time of day...11:34.

Comment

Welcome 1134. Since you were never really active in the church, did you still attend BYU? If not, how did you gain your testimony of the Cougars of BYU? I always find it interesting that some don't get that feeling when praying about the church, but everyone (besides heathens) feels the warm and fuzzies watching Staley run down the sideline or Harline falling to his knees fora TD catch.

Comment

Originally posted by filsdepac View Post
                          Welcome 1134. Since you were never really active in the church, did you still attend BYU? If not, how did you gain your testimony of the Cougars of BYU? I always find it interesting that some don't get that feeling when praying about the church, but everyone (besides heathens) feels the warm and fuzzies watching Staley run down the sideline or Harline falling to his knees fora TD catch.
                          That was my questions. How did we lose this guy to the cougars! It is more of an empty pit feeling when I watch those things - Heathan proud and strong. Welcome to CUF.
                          "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

My old man (a convert that didn't last) raised me on BYU Sports. My first memories of life are driving from SLC to what was then Cougar Stadium and watching the Cougs dominate the 80's.

Slowly over the years my BYU buddies have left the State and I am now a lone Coug fan. Because of that I don't make it down to LES much anymore but never miss a game on TV.

Speaking of watching the Cougs on TV...I always watch alone. I get very emotionally invested in the games and it often ends up being too intense of an experience for the other people involved. Especially when it is a close game.

I am a little embarrassed to say it but I do attend quite a few games at RES every year. A few notes on that: (1) I just like watching football (2) My wife is a bloody Ute (3) RES is practically in my backyard and so getting there is very convenient. (4) I do not cheer for Utah. Ever. Out of respect I do not openly cheer for their opponent either. (5) I do get satisfaction when the Utes lose. (6) I realize that I am on their turf and out of respect I do not wear my BYU clothing (although I do try and wear a blue t-shirt) unless they are playing BYU then I will wear my gear and cheer on my team.

As previously mentioned my wife is alumni of the U of U and loves her team. Twice we have watched a BYU vs. Utah football game and twice it has almost ended in divorce. Now days she watches the game with friends or family. I stay home, grill, enjoy a Sierra Nevada (in a BYU koozie) and watch by myself. Later when she gets home we speak nothing of the game.
                            Last edited by Eleven34; 07-18-2011, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Later when she gets home we speak nothing of the game.
                              For some reason, this last line made me LOL.
                              "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Working...
                              X