Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Paris, France temple

http://newsroom.lds.org/article/chur...mple-in-france
    “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
    ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
    -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

I'm ashamed I didn't post this first. Very cool and it looks to be near the Versailles stake center. That would be smack dab in my old stomping grounds.

I was there in 1998 when president hinckley announced he wanted to build a temple in Paris. It sounds like it's been a long, hard road and it's not over yet. Hopefully they get the permits and get it built. I may need to make another trip over there just to see it
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Did yall see this?

I do not find that temple to be visually appealing at all. It looks like that Texas polygamist temple.
      "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
        Did yall see this?

I do not find that temple to be visually appealing at all. It looks like that Texas polygamist temple.
        I like it.
        τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post
          I like it.
          IMO it looks like a blend of San Diego, Salt Lake and old school Nauvoo. I think it looks fine. Plus you can see it while boating. That's a plus IMO.

Comment

Did yall see this?

Which temple is this one?
            “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
            ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

Comment

Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
              Which temple is this one?
              The mountains look wasatch-ish. I'm going to guess Brigham City.
              "Remember to double tap"

Comment

Originally posted by venkman View Post
                The mountains look wasatch-ish. I'm going to guess Brigham City.
                Yup.
                τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Did yall see this?

Blah. I agree wuap. Looks like it should be a backdrop for a Disney Princess movie.

Comment

I like that B City temple. Looks cool.

Back on the Paris, France temple; this is be the third location The Church has gotten serious about. Hopefully this one will stick.
                    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by SuperGabers View Post
                      Blah. I agree wuap. Looks like it should be a backdrop for a Disney Princess movie.
                      Haven't you heard? Disney stole its design ideas from the church. We were there first.
                      ― W.H. Auden

Comment

I think people are being thrown off by the all white color. It makes it look unfinished, like unpainted drywall in a home.

The temple does look like a SLC clone with some SD spires mixed in.
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

http://www.leparisien.fr/yvelines-78...11-1529224.php

80 million euros. Yowzas.
                          "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
                          -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

Originally posted by Solon View Post
                            It's not exactly Payson. I imagine the land costs quite a bit. Le Chesnay is an expensive, up scale area. There are lots of expats in that area.
                            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by jennyB
                              The temple was so beautiful and really sacred.
                              Agree, jennyB! It was. Were you asked to remove your lip piercing when you went inside?
                              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Working...
                              X