• Show
Clear All

Scrubs

24, the first few seasons

The Office

How I Met Your Mother

Parks and Rec

House

Community, first 2 years. Not really feeling the third.
    Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
      Yep, that was the first episode. It was a really cool concept, but without the miniseries background, it was quite confusing... Since I kinda know where the miniseries ended, maybe I'll just read a detailed recap...
      I made the right decision and watched the miniseries. Makes SO much more sense now.

On to episode 2.

Comment

The Sopranos was a great show.

The Pine Barrens episode had me laughing all the way through it. It was unlike any of the other episodes, but because I knew the characters, it was especially hilarious.

It isn't even close to safe for work.

[YOUTUBE]f7vBbEG0zH0[/YOUTUBE]
        "We should remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school."
        -Thucydides

"Study strategy over the years and achieve the spirit of the warrior. Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men."
        -Miyamoto Musashi

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Finished up all 7 seasons of The Shield on amazon prime. That show was amazing. Writing and acting was suburb. They pushed all the right emotional buttons and I thought the ending was perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Devildog View Post
            The Sopranos was a great show.

The Pine Barrens episode had me laughing all the way through it. It was unlike any of the other episodes, but because I knew the characters, it was especially hilarious.

It isn't even close to safe for work.

[YOUTUBE]f7vBbEG0zH0[/YOUTUBE]
            Pine Barrens easily one of the top 5 episodes in TV history.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
            -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

I just read through the thread and noticed that most were putting Breaking Bad somewhere in the middle of their top 5 with expressed reservations. I imagine those rankings have been adjusted based solely on the episode reactions in the Breaking Bad thread alone.
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
                I just read through the thread and noticed that most were putting Breaking Bad somewhere in the middle of their top 5 with expressed reservations. I imagine those rankings have been adjusted based solely on the episode reactions in the Breaking Bad thread alone.
                I would say that Breaking Bad nudged The Wire out of 1st place, barely. Otherwise, my list is pretty much the same, though I'd put Homeland's first season in there, if I could isolate it.
                "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
                  I'd also expect a downgrade on Dexter.
                  So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

My updated rankings:
                    1) Breaking Bad
                    2) The Wire
                    3) Mad Men
                    4) Friday Night Lights
                    5) The Shield

Comment

• I'd have to rewatch The Wire to make a determination between it and BB. BB's terrific ending made me mostly forget some of the problems I thought it had in seasons 1-3, but if I went back and watched them head-to-head I'd probably get irked all over again. Right now I'd still say The Wire.
                      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                        I'd also expect a downgrade on Dexter.
                        Yeah... Dexter's final season was akin to Rocky V. Good series with phenomenal premiere installments that, after a couple forgivable stumbles, completely and utterly shit the bed down the stretch. Maybe Dexter's 'Rocky Balboa' will come out as an epilogue of sorts to get rid of that horrible taste the finale left.
                        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                          My updated rankings:
                          1) Breaking Bad
                          2) The Wire
                          3) Mad Men
                          4) Friday Night Lights
                          5) The Shield
                          Mad Men? Barf...

Have you seen The Sopranos?
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            Mad Men? Barf...

Have you seen The Sopranos?
                            I really enjoy MM. No, I've never seen The Sopranos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                              I really enjoy MM. No, I've never seen The Sopranos.
                              I enjoy MM but it seems like a glorified soap opera. Brain candy.

I would replace MM with Sopranos on your list. Otherwise our lists are probably identical. However, Boardwalk Empire might crack the top 5 for me.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Did you notice how nothing from CBS, NBC or ABC makes anybody's list. I currently watch one drama on one of the big three right now and it's "Person of Interest". It's really a pretty good show.

Comment

Working...
                                X