Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
    Different from the Netflix one?
    Pretty much the same content but with cheesy re-enactments. Aaron Hernandez is played by a fat, bald, 45-year old dude.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
      Pretty much the same content but with cheesy re-enactments. Aaron Hernandez is played by a fat, bald, 45-year old dude.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Anyone else watch Picard yet? I'm a big TNG and Patrick Stewart fan, so I loved it. Very interesting to see where they go with it. Seems like it will be pretty different from the other Star Trek series.

Comment

• Any Young Pope/New Pope fans? I loved Jude Law in Young Pope and now John Malkovich is killing it in New Pope. Great series. Probably makes my top 10 of all time.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
            Any Young Pope/New Pope fans? I loved Jude Law in Young Pope and now John Malkovich is killing it in New Pope. Great series. Probably makes my top 10 of all time.
            I really enjoyed Young Pope... so you're saying that New Pope is just as good and is worth the watch?

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
            -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
              I really enjoyed Young Pope... so you're saying that New Pope is just as good and is worth the watch?
              Totally. I was skeptical when I saw that Jude Law wasn't back. But it might even be better in a different way. Sort of like Fargo season 2 vs 1.

The last episode, the scene between Malkovich and Sharon Stone was so perfect.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                Any Young Pope/New Pope fans? I loved Jude Law in Young Pope and now John Malkovich is killing it in New Pope. Great series. Probably makes my top 10 of all time.
                I love it. So crazy. Malkovich is amazing.

Spoiler for Question:
                Do you think John Paul III is gay?
                Last edited by UVACoug; 02-24-2020, 10:39 PM.

Comment

• new pope is a masterpiece (malkovich’s weird accent notwithstanding). insane soundtrack.
                  Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                    new pope is a masterpiece (malkovich’s weird accent notwithstanding). insane soundtrack.
                    How long does it take to get into?

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                      How long does it take to get into?
                      i think you need to have watched young pope to really get into it, but i'd probably give it 6 episodes until you decide you don't like it.
                      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Did anyone else watch HBO's "The Outsider"? I'm not a big Stephen King fan and don't like the horror genre in general, but I like The Outsider quite a bit. I'm not sure it would qualify as "horror," it's more of a suspenseful crime drama (with some supernatural stuff).

I was so lost by the ending though. Did anyone understand what was going on?

Spoiler for Confused:
                        Specifically, I didn't understand what they did to clear Terry Maitland's name at the end. They covered up who the real killer was because they didn't think anyone would believe them. But then they talked about a plan to clear Terry of the crime, but the only thing I understood is that Claude retracted his eye witness claim. Was that it? How is that enough to completely clear Terry? And how does Claude get cleared of the attempted kidnapping of the kid at the festival thing? Seems like they tried to tie up a lot of loose ends at the end, but none of it made any sense to me.

Comment

• Question about The New Pope:

Spoiler for Question:
                          Does the show ever tell us who Bauer actually is? I know he has been referred to (maybe even by himself) as the "Ambassador to the Holy See." Is he actually an ambassador? Does it ever tell us what country he is from? There is one scene this season where he appears with what I understood to be an American Admiral, which surprised me because I assumed he was an ambassador from Russia or some other non-US country. Maybe it is just supposed to be one of the mysteries of the show.

Bauer is a great character though. He had some great dialogue with Voiello this season.

Comment

• New Pope - Valluari is such a great character. I love everything about him. When he handed the two nuns $200 out of his wallet - and then another - as if that was going to settle the strike. So funny. And then they show him taking care of his brother...

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                            -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
                              Did anyone else watch HBO's "The Outsider"? I'm not a big Stephen King fan and don't like the horror genre in general, but I like The Outsider quite a bit. I'm not sure it would qualify as "horror," it's more of a suspenseful crime drama (with some supernatural stuff).

I was so lost by the ending though. Did anyone understand what was going on?

Spoiler for Confused:
                              Specifically, I didn't understand what they did to clear Terry Maitland's name at the end. They covered up who the real killer was because they didn't think anyone would believe them. But then they talked about a plan to clear Terry of the crime, but the only thing I understood is that Claude retracted his eye witness claim. Was that it? How is that enough to completely clear Terry? And how does Claude get cleared of the attempted kidnapping of the kid at the festival thing? Seems like they tried to tie up a lot of loose ends at the end, but none of it made any sense to me.
                              I watched it.
                              Spoiler for Spoilers:
                              It started out strong, but the ending was not good, especially the stupid "she got scratched and didn't see it" part at the end, this on a woman who knows almanac information about 80-year-old movies she hasn't even seen and who makes a living catching things that others don't, she didn't notice a big red scratch on her arm? And, since Claude was scratched already, why did she have to be scratched too? The final two episodes weren't good, the lead actor was unconvincing in the role, and I am from Cherokee County, Georgia, where it was set, and I would stake my life that no one--not a single soul--would ever call a state trooper a "statie" or a town a "township." The Southern accents weren't good; the dad looking for his kids in the caves was laugh-out-loud bad-accent acting. The whole cave thing didn't make sense. Who were the ghosts? Why could he see them and she couldn't? What did he do to the monster that a knife to the heart and a gun couldn't do?
                              "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Seal Team is pretty much standard fare, but I really like the recent two-parter called "Fog of War." It starts with Bravo Team on an international mission to rescue a hostage that goes terribly wrong. The hostage dies, team members get injured, the team Leader's (David Borreanaz) reputation is in tatters, and some XO (dont know his title) facing a court martial or a career ending inquiry. They limp back to the US in a cargo plane, still shell shocked. The team leader gathers them all around late at night and insists that they go over exactly what happened, from each man's perspective (they were all in different locations). What follows is a Roshomon-like experience, where every actor's POV uncovers a little more truth, and sheds a little more light on everyone's loyalties and ethics. Very entertaining.

Comment

Working...
                                X