Best TV series 2000-today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
    New Pope - Valluari is such a great character. I love everything about him. When he handed the two nuns $200 out of his wallet - and then another - as if that was going to settle the strike. So funny. And then they show him taking care of his brother...
    voiello. and it’s not his brother, which makes the speech/ending even better.
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
      Question about The New Pope:

Spoiler for Question:
      Does the show ever tell us who Bauer actually is? I know he has been referred to (maybe even by himself) as the "Ambassador to the Holy See." Is he actually an ambassador? Does it ever tell us what country he is from? There is one scene this season where he appears with what I understood to be an American Admiral, which surprised me because I assumed he was an ambassador from Russia or some other non-US country. Maybe it is just supposed to be one of the mysteries of the show.

Bauer is a great character though. He had some great dialogue with Voiello this season.
      we don’t know, but that’s part of the whole thing—pius xiii’s embrace of mystery is reflected in the show

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
        New Pope - Valluari is such a great character. I love everything about him. When he handed the two nuns $200 out of his wallet - and then another - as if that was going to settle the strike. So funny. And then they show him taking care of his brother...
        The speech he made at Geronimo's (yeah, I know I spelled it wrong) funeral was incredible. The show seamlessly moves between discussing the worst aspects of the Catholic church to showing it in all of its splendor. The recreation of the Sistine Chapel and other locations is extremely well done.

The unnecessary but spectacular nude scene with Bauer's wife was a highlight from the last episode. Well done.
        Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• westworld sucks now, that's a bummer

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
            westworld sucks now, that's a bummer
            It always sucked. That's a bummer.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I’m still hopeful that this season just needs an episode or 2 to introduce the story. But I agree, the distinct lack of boobies in the first episode is a bummer
              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
              - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                It always sucked. That's a bummer.
                season 1 was good

Comment

season 1 was good
                  I even liked season 2.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                    I’m still hopeful that this season just needs an episode or 2 to introduce the story. But I agree, the distinct lack of boobies in the first episode is a bummer
                    But there were those F-words, amirite?
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                      But there were those F-words, amirite?
                      True, but on the scale of things that turn me on, boobies win over F-bombs every time. And if there are both boobies AND F-bombs?!?
                      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                      - SeattleUte

Comment

• Excited for Fargo Season 4. It was pretty amazing when season 2 surpassed season 1 (imo) and then season 3 might have been a small step down but still really good. Season 4 trailers look pretty good.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                          Excited for Fargo Season 4. It was pretty amazing when season 2 surpassed season 1 (imo) and then season 3 might have been a small step down but still really good. Season 4 trailers look pretty good.
                          Yes! Fargo season 4 looks great. And again, they have a lot of great actors lined up.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I've been watching Atlanta. It is a great show. The B.A.N. episode is one of the funniest episodes of any show that I've ever seen.

Also, What We Do in the Shadows has been great.
                            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

I started the second season and gave up after 2 episodes. I liked the first season.
                              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                                I've been watching Atlanta. It is a great show. The B.A.N. episode is one of the funniest episodes of any show that I've ever seen.

Also, What We Do in the Shadows has been great.
                                This is probably the best comedic series of the decade. No kidding.
                                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Working...
                                X