No announcement yet.

Official Cubs Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the worst damn offense I have ever laid eyes on.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

How do Cubs fans feel about Soriano? Dude's hitting .229 with 14 HR's, 32 RBI's, and a .292 OBP. I have him on one of my teams, and I've kept him on the bench since late May.

Now today, he drops a pop fly and basically gives Pujols an extra base.
      "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
      "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Cubs starting to see some life in their bats. Drop 10 runs against the Phils to end their 10 game winning streak. Before the two 1 run crap games against the Phils earlier in the series, the cubs put up 26 runs in their 4 games against the Nats. I know, its the Nats, but still its encouraging. Only 1 game back of STL right now.

Did anyone see the catch by Hoffpauir the other day in the stands? Awesome. Can't find a video link right now.

EDIT: here's a picture, at least.

Last edited by falafel; 07-27-2009, 10:04 AM.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Cubs back in 1st place. I would assume to stay.

Comment

Good to see Harden with solid back-to-back outings. Feels like it's been a while since that last happened.

Comment

What exactly has happened to D. Lee? Are we to conclude that 2005 was a flash in the pan year? Or has he just been plauged with injuries the last 5 years? Where's the power?

I just took a look back at his stats over the last five years or so. 2005 he hit .335 w/ 46hrs and 107 rbi. the year before that he hit .278, 32 hrs, and 98 rbi. In 2007 he had another good batting year, hitting .317. But mostly, he's been a solid .285-.290 guy w/o a ton of power.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                Cubs back in 1st place. I would assume to stay.
                Does anyone think this team can do anything in the playoffs? I don't have much faith in them, they've been too inconsistent and unfocused. I'll be surprised if they stay in first place and more surprised if they advance in the playoffs.
                Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
                  Does anyone think this team can do anything in the playoffs? I don't have much faith in them, they've been too inconsistent and unfocused. I'll be surprised if they stay in first place and more surprised if they advance in the playoffs.
                  They've got 3 very good pitchers, maybe 4. If those guys can all get it together at the right time, they could do some damage. Unfortunately, almost all of their pitching has shown that it is incredibly freaked out by a playoff game.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    They've got 3 very good pitchers, maybe 4. If those guys can all get it together at the right time, they could do some damage. Unfortunately, almost all of their pitching has shown that it is incredibly freaked out by a playoff game.
                    The pitching hasn't been the problem, it's the offense, or lack thereof. We've lost how many 1-0 or 2-0 games this year? I'm glad to see Ramirez back and that he's getting into the swing of things. Perhaps he can be a rallying point for our offensive production.
                    Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Starting to roll a bit.

Comment

Gregg has just been a gas can the last two nights.

Comment

Great debut for Gorz.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                            Great debut for Gorz.
                            He did well and made me wonder how Samardzija is doing in Iowa. He showed promise last fall, stunk this spring and I haven't heard a thing since.
                            Alessandro Manzoni

pelagius

Comment

Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
                              He did well and made me wonder how Samardzija is doing in Iowa. He showed promise last fall, stunk this spring and I haven't heard a thing since.
                              Samardzija is on the team, I saw him pitch for a minute last week. I can't give you any more info, however. I haven't seen him pitch much this year.

What happened to Gorzy in Pittsburgh? Why was he sent to Triple A? Injury, or did he just implode?

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                                Samardzija is on the team, I saw him pitch for a minute last week. I can't give you any more info, however. I haven't seen him pitch much this year.
                                I did a search after my mindless post and he has pitched a total of 19 innings this year with an era of 6.52. Not so good. With the acquisition of Gorzelanny they may send him back to Iowa.

I need to pay more attention. I've been busy for the past month and now that I'm not in the central time zone anymore it requires effort to follow them.
                                Alessandro Manzoni

pelagius

Comment

Working...
                                X