Official Wimbledon Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Wimbledon Thread

I love this event, because it's all about speed and power. Lots of aces. Lots of net play. Lots of tie-breakers. And lots of tall, blond Russians.
    "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Epic match this morning between Tsonga and Federer.If you haven't seen it, go back and watch it on ESPN3.

Also Sharapova is still in, to supports NS's reason to pay attention.

Comment

Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
      Epic match this morning between Tsonga and Federer.If you haven't seen it, go back and watch it on ESPN3.

Also Sharapova is still in, to supports NS's reason to pay attention.
      Federer has never been the same since his bout with mono.

Comment

Djokovic just broke Rafa in the final game of the first set. Either this match just got really interesting, or Djokavic just set the tone for a much different drubbing than the one people expected.
        Last edited by Donuthole; 07-03-2011, 07:05 AM.
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

I like dudes that have names that start consonant-consonant, makes you seem like a villain from a movie.
          Get confident, stupid
          -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
            I like dudes that have names that start consonant-consonant, makes you seem like a villain from a movie.
            Like Joseph Smith.
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

This match between Isner and Anderson is epic. Currently 13-12 in the fifth set. Also, a Bear Grylls sighting!

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                This match between Isner and Anderson is epic. Currently 13-12 in the fifth set. Also, a Bear Grylls sighting!
                20-19 Isner.

Still has a ways to go to catch up to the Isner - Mahut 70-68 match from a few years ago.

Comment

24-24. Anderson just got knocked on his arse by an Isner serve, but made the return, got up and hit another return left handed. Rallied to win the point. Could prove to be the momentum shift for a break.

Comment

24-24. Anderson just got knocked on his arse by an Isner serve, but made the return, got up and hit another return left handed. Rallied to win the point. Could prove to be the momentum shift for a break.
                    And, there's the break. Incredible how that little save shifted the momentum and energy. Isner almost immediately looked defeated.

Comment

Once again no American male in the final for, since forever.
                      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

And, there's the break. Incredible how that little save shifted the momentum and energy. Isner almost immediately looked defeated.
                        Yep, He was done after that.

Comment

Working...
                        X