Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 69

Thread: Pelado

  1. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    What's the most important one? If I failed to include it above, I'd like the opportunity to rectify my oversight.
    ask wuap, or search past introductions to find out.
    Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
    God forgives many things for an act of mercy
    Alessandro Manzoni

    Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

    pelagius

  2. #32
    Bald not naked Pelado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The 208
    Posts
    9,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pellegrino View Post
    ask wuap, or search past introductions to find out.
    A quick search reveals that you all want to know something about my peeing in a sink.

    I feel like I'm missing the joke, but I do not recall ever urinating in a sink, though I have emptied my bladder into a urinal trough from time to time.

  3. #33
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    27,643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    A quick search reveals that you all want to know something about my peeing in a sink.

    I feel like I'm missing the joke, but I do not recall ever urinating in a sink, though I have emptied my bladder into a urinal trough from time to time.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  4. #34
    Bald not naked Pelado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The 208
    Posts
    9,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Rhymes with helado. Mmmmm helado.
    In one of my areas, we taught (and baptized some of) a family that manufactured helado in their home. We would visit their home in the hot afternoon hours and they would invariably offer us a free helping of some delicious flavor. So as not to be rude, we would always accept their generous offers.

  5. #35
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    27,643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    In one of my areas, we taught (and baptized some of) a family that manufactured helado in their home. We would visit their home in the hot afternoon hours and they would invariably offer us a free helping of some delicious flavor. So as not to be rude, we would always accept their generous offers.
    I taught a family that was recently baptized before I came into the area that operated a panaderia. It was not possible to leave there without eating lots of free bread and pastries, washed down with chocolate milk. Mmmm.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  6. #36
    Bald not naked Pelado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The 208
    Posts
    9,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    I taught a family that was recently baptized before I came into the area that operated a panaderia. It was not possible to leave there without eating lots of free bread and pastries, washed down with chocolate milk. Mmmm.
    Where did you serve?

  7. #37
    Soul Plumber wuapinmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Hartsville, South Carolina
    Posts
    28,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    A quick search reveals that you all want to know something about my peeing in a sink.
    Perhaps more than a quick search is warranted.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

  8. #38
    Bald not naked Pelado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The 208
    Posts
    9,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wuapinmon View Post
    Perhaps more than a quick search is warranted.
    Unlikely.

  9. #39
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    27,643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    Where did you serve?
    Scottsdale, AZ.
    Last edited by falafel; 06-20-2011 at 02:50 PM.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  10. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    Where did you serve?
    heads up: he'll change his answer sometime tomorrow.

  11. #41
    Soul Plumber wuapinmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Hartsville, South Carolina
    Posts
    28,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    Unlikely.
    We shall not be great friends then. Alas, Babylon. In case you're wondering, I'm totally kidding. I usually ask some ridiculously long concocted question to newcomers.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

  12. #42
    The dude abides Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The heart of the UC
    Posts
    46,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    Unlikely.
    Hey, I like this guy.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

  13. #43
    Bald not naked Pelado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The 208
    Posts
    9,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Babs View Post
    heads up: he'll change his answer sometime tomorrow.
    That's fine. You'll note that my question made no reference to missions, only to service. He may have been a waiter in Scottsdale for all I know.

  14. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    A quick search reveals that you all want to know something about my peeing in a sink.

    I feel like I'm missing the joke, but I do not recall ever urinating in a sink, though I have emptied my bladder into a urinal trough from time to time.
    behold, the original (notice no mention of urine)

    http://cougaruteforum.com/showthread.php?t=7671
    Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
    God forgives many things for an act of mercy
    Alessandro Manzoni

    Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

    pelagius

  15. #45

    Default

    Welcome to our happy throng.

  16. #46

    Default

    Welcome.
    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

    "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

  17. #47
    Bald not naked Pelado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The 208
    Posts
    9,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pellegrino View Post
    behold, the original (notice no mention of urine)

    http://cougaruteforum.com/showthread.php?t=7671
    Thanks. I'll add the following that were omitted in my original post:

    Did you ever consider an alternative career path?

    When I was younger and more impressionable, I thought theater arts might be a great career path. I was also very close to applying to the law school for a JD to go with my MAcc.

    How many time zones have you lived in and what is your current time zone?

    Three. Mountain, Pacific, and the one just east of Eastern. Currently in Mountain.

    Are you looking forward to Wuap's welcome question and what do you think it will be?

    I guess so. It will probably be about the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

    Do you expect anyone to respond to this thread?

    Only if they want to add to what is destined to become the premier thread in Ellis Island.

  18. #48
    aka... UtahDan's Wifey
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed Location
    Posts
    2,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Scottsdale, AZ.
    Scottsdale. That must have been disappointing.

  19. #49

    Default

    It's nice to have another Broncos fan on the board to comiserate with.
    "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
    "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

  20. #50
    Bald not naked Pelado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The 208
    Posts
    9,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BoylenOver View Post
    It's nice to have another Broncos fan on the board to comiserate with.
    Yeah, although I've found my Denver fandom to have decreased substantially over the years. I think the starting point of the decline was when I began participating in fantasy football leagues. Now, with several kids, I still watch whatever Denver games are broadcast here, but it's on DVR fast-watch (skip between plays) after the kids are in bed.

  21. #51
    sweet triple TripletDaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    58,326

    Default

    Pelado, perhaps you were unaware, but you are free to post in other threads now.

    Most of the heavy lifting is done: you did the self-introduction thing and you also made the obligatory post about potatoes.

    Go try your hand at some of the other topics. Run and be free.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.


  22. #52
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    27,643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGabers View Post
    Scottsdale. That must have been disappointing.
    Scottsdale is a beautiful place. I would have loved to have served there.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  23. #53
    aka... UtahDan's Wifey
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed Location
    Posts
    2,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Scottsdale is a beautiful place. I would have loved to have served there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    Where did you serve?

    Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Scottsdale, AZ.
    What??!?! Explain yourself sir.

  24. #54
    Soul Plumber wuapinmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Hartsville, South Carolina
    Posts
    28,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post

    I guess so. It will probably be about the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.
    Swallow this, you European upstart!

    You guess so, McFly? Answer the following question very carefully, remembering that you're already on unauthorized-edits thin ice, because our future dealings on this site may depend, in large part, on your response to this:

    Guess Jeans, featured in countless 80's pop culture hits, like Back to the Future, and an episode of The Charmings, wherein the dad, predictably, asked the daughter what kind of jeans she was wearing, and she responded, "Guess?" Hilarity ensued. Guess Jeans has sued several people for defamation over accusations that they used sweatshops and violated workers rights around the globe. A particularly effective and clever ad featured blue-jean-manufacturer-hating band Rage Against Machine (remember the "Everybody in Denial" mock Gap ad video?) claiming that Guess? Jeans treated its workers unjustly, with the tagline: Injustice. Don't Buy It. The owners of the brand, the Marciano family, also own the Marciano clothing line. Rocky Marciano beat Joe Louis's ass in a fight, but some contend that compared to Joe Louis, Rocky Marciano ain't shit. This same conversation can be heard in Eddie Murphy's late 80's vehicle, Coming to America. That endlessly quotable film features such lines as "Right now, I'm washing lettuce, pretty soon I'll be on fries," "*&^% you, *&^% you, and *&^% you, Who next?" and the always sure-to-please, "Give it up for Sexual Chocolate!" At one point in the film, a distraught Eddie Murphy heir-to-the-throne character gives a large sum of cash to two street bums played by Don Ameche and Ralph Bellamy. Any student of Murphy's films will recognize them as Randolph and Mortimer Duke. The line, uttered by Bellamy, "We're back!" carried such promise for a sequel to Trading Places, but, alas, death claimed them both before anything was done. So, the question remains, had they lived, what would've happened in the Trading Places sequel?
    Last edited by wuapinmon; 06-22-2011 at 07:27 PM.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

  25. #55
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    27,643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGabers View Post
    What??!?! Explain yourself sir.
    Just a tip of the cap to my former board persona.

    I really served in Chicago.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  26. #56
    Bald not naked Pelado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The 208
    Posts
    9,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wuapinmon View Post
    Swallow this, you European upstart!

    You guess so, McFly? Answer the following question very carefully, remembering that you're already on unauthorized-edits thin ice, because our future dealings on this site may depend, in large part, on your response to this:

    Guess Jeans, featured in countless 80's pop culture hits, like Back to the Future, and an episode of The Charmings, wherein the dad, predictably, asked the daughter what kind of jeans she was wearing, and she responded, "Guess?" Hilarity ensued. Guess Jeans has sued several people for defamation over accusations that they used sweatshops and violated workers rights around the globe. A particularly effective and clever ad featured blue-jean-manufacturer-hating band Rage Against Machine (remember the "Everybody in Denial" mock Gap ad video?) claiming that Guess? Jeans treated its workers unjustly, with the tagline: Injustice. Don't Buy It. The owners of the brand, the Marciano family, also own the Marciano clothing line. Rocky Marciano beat Joe Louis's ass in a fight, but some contend that compared to Joe Louis, Rocky Marciano ain't shit. This same conversation can be heard in Eddie Murphy's late 80's vehicle, Coming to America. That endlessly quotable film features such lines as "Right now, I'm washing lettuce, pretty soon I'll be on fries," "*&^% you, *&^% you, and *&^% you, Who next?" and the always sure-to-please, "Give it up for Sexual Chocolate!" At one point in the film, a distraught Eddie Murphy heir-to-the-throne character gives a large sum of cash to two street bums played by Don Ameche and Ralph Bellamy. Any student of Murphy's films will recognize them as Randolph and Mortimer Duke. The line, uttered by Bellamy, "We're back!" carried such promise for a sequel to Trading Places, but, alas, death claimed them both before anything was done. So, the question remains, had they lived, what would've happened in the Trading Places sequel?
    Here's what would have happened:

    The story begins with Randolph and Mortimer counting the money received from an African prince in a McDowell's fast food restaurant. They are engaging in another $1 bet, though we don't immediately know what the bet is about.

    After getting cleaned up and back into some respectable attire, Randolph and Mortimer then try to get back into the agricultural futures market, attempting to gain favor with the now abundantly wealthy firm of Valentine and Winthorpe. They endeavor to prove they are worthy of trust by completing a variety of tasks. The tasks are at first simple but menial - including something with gorillas. With each successfully completed task, the brothers receive more difficult assignments with greater responsibilities and increased comedic possibilities.

    In the final scenes, after the Duke brothers have learned humility and all that crap, Valentine and Winthrope forgive them for their prior misdeeds. Once the brothers are alone again, Mortimer hands his brother a dollar.

    Probably a good thing they didn't make the movie.

  27. #57
    Explosivo Commando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    14,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Scottsdale is a beautiful place. I would have loved to have served there.
    It's pretty unreal- true!

  28. #58
    Soul Plumber wuapinmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Hartsville, South Carolina
    Posts
    28,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    Here's what would have happened:

    The story begins with Randolph and Mortimer counting the money received from an African prince in a McDowell's fast food restaurant. They are engaging in another $1 bet, though we don't immediately know what the bet is about.

    After getting cleaned up and back into some respectable attire, Randolph and Mortimer then try to get back into the agricultural futures market, attempting to gain favor with the now abundantly wealthy firm of Valentine and Winthorpe. They endeavor to prove they are worthy of trust by completing a variety of tasks. The tasks are at first simple but menial - including something with gorillas. With each successfully completed task, the brothers receive more difficult assignments with greater responsibilities and increased comedic possibilities.

    In the final scenes, after the Duke brothers have learned humility and all that crap, Valentine and Winthrope forgive them for their prior misdeeds. Once the brothers are alone again, Mortimer hands his brother a dollar.

    Probably a good thing they didn't make the movie.
    Thy sins are forgiven; we shall be great friends.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

  29. #59
    Bald not naked Pelado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The 208
    Posts
    9,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wuapinmon View Post
    Thy sins are forgiven; we shall be great friends.
    Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? Who can forgive sins but God only?

  30. #60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pellegrino View Post
    behold, the original (notice no mention of urine)

    http://cougaruteforum.com/showthread.php?t=7671
    That thread brings back fond memories.

    I like Pelado. You guys caught a live one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •