No announcement yet.

Best Ice Cream on Earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Bruster's Butter Pecan. It's so buttery good. Starbuck's used to make a Mud Pie ice cream that was so damn good. I also dig Wegman's brand Praline and Carmel.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
      I nominate...I know it isn't "Ice Cream" but seriously holy shit this is good. I can't vouch for other flavors but this one is amazing.

I always seen this at the corner market by our house and have wondered about it. Guess ill be trying it.
      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

You non-texans don't get it. Blue Bell ice cream is the greatest on the face...no questions asked.
        "Don't expect I'll see you 'till after the race"

"So where does the power come from to see the race to its end...from within"

Comment

Originally posted by doctorcoug View Post
          You non-texans don't get it. Blue Bell ice cream is the greatest on the face...no questions asked.
          gag. I swear Texans don't know jack about ice cream.

Comment

I am a Cougar and I love the Creamery. Ernestly Chocolate is delicious and I love those Mormon-sized scoops you get there. Man, I miss Provo.
            What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
            -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

I like ice cream. A lot, actually.

Local Stuff

Whidbey Island Ice Cream Company - love the blackberry bar dipped in chocolate. In Seattle you can pretty much only get it at the farmer's markets though they apparently carry it all over Whidbey Island

D'Ambrosio Gelato - great place in Ballard. Get the pistachio all the time, but I tried fig and caramel last time and it was awesome.

Full Tilt - we hit the one in the U District. The toasted coconut made with coconut milk is great, as is the the Mexican chocolate.

Seattle hottest place is Molly Moon's, but I've never understood the fascination. I had a sundae once with chocolate ice cream, bergamot infused olive oil, sea salt crystals and whip cream that was pretty good, and I like the strawberry-balsamic, but it's not so good as to deserve the ridiculous wait at every damn location.

National Brands
              I dig Ben and Jerry's in many incarnations. Constant favorite is Coffee Heath Bar Crunch. Right now also digging Phish Food and Late Night Snack in a major way.

Grocery Store Brands
              Safeway's Moose Tracks pretty much always kicks ass. And my all-time fave is the off-brand Mint Chocolate Chip (you know, the one with the plastics shaving and not real chips) with caramel sauce.

Utah Brands
              Gotta go with Camleish here. I love Nielsen's. The caramel cashew is lights out and pretty much the only food item from Utah I feel like I have to have when I go there.
              So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Blue Bell is very good, but it's not in the top echelon of ice creams. It's a very good choice for a practical, yet affordable, ice cream.

I'm an ice cream addict. I eat a bowl a night so I know my stuff. My favorite of all time is a little ice cream place on the ile de saint louis in Paris France. Anyone who has been there at night in the summer knows exactly what I'm talking about.
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Blue Bell? Seriously? If you´d said Blue Bunny, ok, maybe, but Blue Bell? Come on, doc.
                  "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                    Blue Bell? Seriously? If you´d said Blue Bunny, ok, maybe, but Blue Bell? Come on, doc.
                    Blue Bunny? That stuff sucks. Blue Bell is at least fresh and they don't skimp on the flavors. Plus, I've been on their factory tour 3 times!
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                      Blue Bunny? That stuff sucks. Blue Bell is at least fresh and they don't skimp on the flavors. Plus, I've been on their factory tour 3 times!
                      You wouldn´t know good ice cream if it were in your mouth. Blue Bunny Cherry Chocolate Chip Bourdeaux cannot be brought into my home. I have zero self control, and it won´t see the morn.
                      "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Tilamook deserves a mention. I loved the cake batter ice cream and mourn it being discontinued.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
                        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                          You wouldn´t know good ice cream if it were in your mouth. Blue Bunny Cherry Chocolate Chip Bourdeaux cannot be brought into my home. I have zero self control, and it won´t see the morn.
                          Gotta side with my former statemate on this one. Blue Bell FTW. In fact, since we've been in Utah, we have been known to go to Outback Steak House more than once solely because you can get Blue Bell there.
                          "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
                            Gotta side with my former statemate on this one. Blue Bell FTW. In fact, since we've been in Utah, we have been known to go to Outback Steak House more than once solely because you can get Blue Bell there.
                            Blue Bell is good for the price, but that is about it. Tillamook is far superior and is available in Utah.
                            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                              Blue Bell is good for the price, but that is about it. Tillamook is far superior and is available in Utah.
                              I'll have to give it a shot. Is it in most stores?
                              "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
                                I'll have to give it a shot. Is it in most stores?
                                I love Tillamook. It is probably my favorite out there. I know you can find it at the A Fresh Market. There is one on Lehi Main Street as well as American Fork Main Street. The Marionberry Pie flavor is awesome. They actually have many flavors that are great. There hasn't been a flavor I tried that I didn't like.
                                "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Working...
                                X