Honor Code Office Makes the News Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First, I feel sorry for you BYU alumni.

Second, I agree with Pellegrino that the HC office just needs to say, "No comment." The more they say the worse they look.

Third, I thought that the Church (and thus BYU) did not care if you were gay as long as you don't "act" on it? Can they kick you out of BYU for simply being gay but not breaking any chastity laws?
    "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

I'm starting to think there is a publicity whore in the HCO. It's been a few months since the Davies' incident and the uproar has died down. Time to re-assert the weirdness!
      "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

That guy is in great shape and very handsome!

ps lol @1:42.
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Can chase run fast, catch a football, and run over would-be-tacklers? If not, I don't care what happens to him.
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

He's really not that good, peeps. Doesn't really know how to control his length (yep, I went there).
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
              He's really not that good, peeps. Doesn't really know how to control his length (yep, I went there).
              I see you stopped @1:42.

sigpic

Comment

Not that, sickos.

Comment

Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
                  I'm starting to think there is a publicity whore in the HCO. It's been a few months since the Davies' incident and the uproar has died down. Time to re-assert the weirdness!
                  There is a strong segment that totally disagrees with my feelings of embarassment.

They feel the Davies incident and things like this make you guy on the street outside of Utah pause and think, gee that is a church I would like to belong to. I have new respect for those people.

Romney ought to gather a "best of the HC" and present it to the tea party. He could gain some good traction with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sullyute View Post
                    First, I feel sorry for you BYU alumni.

Second, I agree with Pellegrino that the HC office just needs to say, "No comment." The more they say the worse they look.

Third, I thought that the Church (and thus BYU) did not care if you were gay as long as you don't "act" on it? Can they kick you out of BYU for simply being gay but not breaking any chastity laws?
                    No, because then you're just keeping it down,
                    Like a dimmer switch on low, (On low!)
                    Thinking nobody needs to know! (Uh oh!)
                    But that's not true!

Being gay is bad but lying is worse,
                    So just realize you have a curable curse!
                    And turn it off! (Turn it off! Turn it off)!.
                    Last edited by UtahDan; 06-03-2011, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                      yeah, his technique was pretty bad. The guys in SLC must have been awfully weak if they let that one through.

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                        I see you stopped @1:42.
                        LOL! I didn't see it at first. You really need to pause the player at 1:41 or 1:42 to get the effect. You have a sharp eye for *ahem* detail.

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
                          yeah, his technique was pretty bad. The guys in SLC must have been awfully weak if they let that one through.
                          For someone who supposedly is all about the lines you can create with the human body, he sure does a poor job of creating any (@1:42 notwithstanding). I'm standing by my prediction in the SYTYCD thread.
                          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                            LOL! I didn't see it at first. You really need to pause the player at 1:41 or 1:42 to get the effect. You have a sharp eye for *ahem* detail.
                            good point. I guess I was unclear when I wrote 1:42.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                              good point. I guess I was unclear when I wrote 1:42.
                              Emphasis on PAUSE. I didn't pause it the first time, thinking I would just see something happen at 1:42. I missed it.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                                Emphasis on PAUSE. I didn't pause it the first time, thinking I would just see something happen at 1:42. I missed it.
                                You didnt place any emphasis on the word "pause."

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X