Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
    Very cool story.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by happyone View Post
      Today is the 70th anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor

Here is a couple of articles about it

this one talking about the declining nrs of Pearl Harbor Veterans ( the youngest would be 87 unless he lied about his age)

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/07/us...y.html?_r=2&hp

this Kirby's column from todays sl trib about a MOH winner on the USS Utah who was adopted by the State of Utah because military could not locate his next of kin

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/lifesty...medal.html.csp
      Bump (it's still the 7th here).
      "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

"Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Wat? The CIA thought that Hitler may have escaped and was living in South America?

https://www.cia.gov/library/readingr...ADOLF_0003.pdf
          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
            Wat? The CIA thought that Hitler may have escaped and was living in South America?

https://www.cia.gov/library/readingr...ADOLF_0003.pdf
            That's great. Hitler is in hiding, but refuses to shave or alter his moustache, the most recognizable feature of his face.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

The 76th anniversary of Pearl Harbor. Every year on this day, I start listening to The Battle of the Bulge, by John Toland. My neighbor for years fought in the Bastogne with the 101st, and listening to him relate his experience is the first time I have ever seen the 1,000 yard stare. I'll never forget him telling me about getting home and realizing that killing people was no big deal to him, and that he needed to change his perspective after killing in close combat for a year.
              sigpic
              "Outlined against a blue, gray
              October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
              Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

everybody should read target tokyo. great book re the doolittle raids.
                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

I agree, gave it 5 stars on Goodreads and would have given it more

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

Originally posted by cowboy View Post
                    The 76th anniversary of Pearl Harbor. Every year on this day, I start listening to The Battle of the Bulge, by John Toland. My neighbor for years fought in the Bastogne with the 101st, and listening to him relate his experience is the first time I have ever seen the 1,000 yard stare. I'll never forget him telling me about getting home and realizing that killing people was no big deal to him, and that he needed to change his perspective after killing in close combat for a year.
                    Having served with the 101st in the mid 80s, the PUC for Bastogne is something everyone wears. On the 40th Anniversary of D-Day Gen Kinnard, who was a young Col and the G-3 at Bastonge, spoke to all the officers in the Division and told the story of the famous "Nuts" reply to the German surrender demand.

When the German officer carrying the surrender demand was brought to the Div TOC, Gen McCaullife said "Nuts, what am I supposed to answer this" One of the captains in the TOC spoke up and said "Just say nuts, sir" and so he what he did.
                    Last edited by happyone; 12-07-2017, 06:20 PM.

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

• In honor of Pearl Harbor day the French Ambassador to the US twitted the following then deleted it:

Replaced it with the following:

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                        In honor of Pearl Harbor day the French Ambassador to the US twitted the following then deleted it:

Replaced it with the following:

Oh Gerard.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboy View Post
                          Wonder if he was part part of Easy Company, 506th PIR. I'm a fan of Band of Brothers and remember there was a soldier from Wyoming who acquired one of Hitler's photo albums at the Eagle's nest and was coerced to hand it over to his CO - Capt. Ron Spiers but didn't give in and returned home with it to Wyoming after the war. There was also an unnamed soldier from Wyoming who accidentally shot Easy Company's CO - Moose Heylinger, while he was walking with Dick Winters in Holland.
                          “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                          "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                            everybody should read target tokyo. great book re the doolittle raids.
                            Thanks, just got it from the library.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              Oh Frère.
                              FIFY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Working...
                              X