Fashion question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by falafel View Post
    Only needed if you have pleats. Pleated pants look stupid without the cuff, IMO.
    there, that's better.
    Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
    God forgives many things for an act of mercy
    Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Wrong. Pleated pants have more fabric and of course demand a crease. You need the extra weight of the cuff at the bottom of the pant to balance the weight at the top. Otherwise that cuff-less pant leg gets dominated and flops around on top of your shoe.
      If your pants are quality, they are probably heavy enough to not flop around on the top of your shoe. Most of the time someone's pants are flopping around on the top of their shoe it's because the pants are hemmed too short.

But if you like a cuff, go for it. It makes you look shorter, but you can handle it. Also, quit trying to pretend you didn't try to buy a flat-front suit from Jos A. Banks, and ended up settling for single pleated.
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Another question. Pocket or no pocket on dress shirts? I say no pocket but I really don't care much.
        A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Are no socks the only way to go when wearing some top siders? I want to return.

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
            If your pants are quality, they are probably heavy enough to not flop around on the top of your shoe. Most of the time someone's pants are flopping around on the top of their shoe it's because the pants are hemmed too short.

But if you like a cuff, go for it. It makes you look shorter, but you can handle it. Also, quit trying to pretend you didn't try to buy a flat-front suit from Jos A. Banks, and ended up settling for single pleated.
            It doesn't matter if your pants are quality, the ratio of fabric is still the same. Besides, what would you know about it? You don't even have any pleated pants or pants with cuffs.

I admit, I looked at suits with flat front pants. I don't have an issue with them. I would just never wear pleated pants with no cuff. That would look horrible. Believe me, I know - for my very first suit in high school (before I knew the rules) I got no cuffs and pleats. It was a major embarrassment.

Besides, pleated pants have their place in the world. Not everyone has the same body type. Pleats provide a more "roomy" fit for those who need it. It Forcing yourself into ill-fitting flat fronts doesn't make any sense if they are not flattering.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by CJF View Post
              Another question. Pocket or no pocket on dress shirts? I say no pocket but I really don't care much.
              Toss up. Despite the fusnik manifesto, I don't see any problem with a pocket.

Double pockets are an issue, of course.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

It doesn't matter if your pants are quality, the ratio of fabric is still the same. Besides, what would you know about it? You don't even have any pleated pants or pants with cuffs.

I admit, I looked at suits with flat front pants. I don't have an issue with them. I would just never wear pleated pants with no cuff. That would look horrible. Believe me, I know - for my very first suit in high school (before I knew the rules) I got no cuffs and pleats. It was a major embarrassment.

Besides, pleated pants have their place in the world. Not everyone has the same body type. Pleats provide a more "roomy" fit for those who need it. It Forcing yourself into ill-fitting flat fronts doesn't make any sense if they are not flattering.
                Please make skinny people look fat and fat people look fatter. So you are correct that they have their place in this world. That place is making people look heavier than they really are.

Also, I've never said I don't have any pleated or cuffed pants. I've only said that I don't prefer them.

Finally, the fact that you are and were embarrassed about how you looked in high school comes as no surprise to anyone on this board.
                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Pleats provide a more "roomy" fit for those who need it.
                  I enjoy the extra room in the crotch area.

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                    Hell to the yeah. I'm rocking them that way right now at work.
                    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                      Hell to the yeah. I'm rocking them that way right now at work.
                      How about with Vans? I tried them on the other day with ankle socks and shorts and they looked pretty stupid. I'm guessing no socks is the way to go???

Comment

Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
                        How about with Vans? I tried them on the other day with ankle socks and shorts and they looked pretty stupid. I'm guessing no socks is the way to go???
                        Vans can go either way.
                        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

Comment

I enjoy the extra room in the crotch area.
                          I need extra room in the crotch area.
                          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
                            Every day for work I wear Vans with no socks.
                            "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Originally posted by hostile View Post
                              Every day for work I wear Vans with no socks.
                              I did that in 8th grade. my feet stunk.

edit: they looked kind of like this:
                              Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                              God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                              Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
                                I did that in 8th grade. my feet stunk.

edit: they looked kind of like this:
                                I keep the laces loose and the increased airflow seems too help. You don't want to see pics of what my work shoes look like.
                                "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Working...
                                X