The official weather thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    It was low 40s today and pouring rain outside right now. The news just predicted another storm next week.

I'm actually looking forward to going back East to enjoy some better weather

I definitely think I have some degree of seasonal affectation disorder. I hate this weather.
    don't count on it.
    Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
    God forgives many things for an act of mercy
    Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
      don't count on it.
      It was 42 degrees today here.

I will basically go ahead and count on it.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

you'll get warmer temperatures, but the rain has been coming down all week. looks like next week will be more of the same. I hope the weather turns.
        Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
        God forgives many things for an act of mercy
        Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

The weather in Atlanta over the last two days has been absolutely perfect.
          "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

It's crazy. The perfect storm for flooding in June. It is going to be historic.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              It's crazy. The perfect storm for flooding in June. It is going to be historic.
              I was wondering this very thing. If there was already a huge flood risk as winter wound down, what about now, given that it has basically been Noahs Ark outside for the past week and we are looking at more of the same next week?

If there is flooding, where is it predicted to hit?
              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

I was wondering this very thing. If there was already a huge flood risk as winter wound down, what about now, given that it has basically been Noahs Ark outside for the past week and we are looking at more of the same next week?

If there is flooding, where is it predicted to hit?
                In 1983 the same thing happened. Cold wet spring and then in the first week of June the temps went to 80 degrees and stayed there and everything came down at once. These cold temps won't last forever.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

It was 77 degrees outside when I hit a bucket and putted for a half hour at 6pm this evening.
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

The last two days we've woken up to an inch or two of snow on the ground. Schools out in one more week, and we're still getting snow??

I'm in central Utah, but since noon it's felt like Seattle.
                    "I'm going to go back to CUF now, where the censorship is less, the average IQ is higher, and we don't have to deal with so much of this nonsense. Goodbye." - SoonerCoug

Comment

I've been checking, almost hourly, the weather for our wedding in about a week. A couple days ago it said showers, now it says partly cloudy with a 0% chance of rain. I'm going to print it off and sue weather.com if there is any sort of precipitation at the wedding. I'll have a lawyer on hand just to cover all my bases.

Comment

These fell from the sky. And dinged my car.

"Nobody listens to Turtle."
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

Comment

It looks like you have a little poo on your pinky.
                          I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
                            It looks like you have a little poo on your pinky.
                            I believe that is a bit of grass or dirt from the front walk where I ran out to pick this guy up before taking one to the dome.
                            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                            -Turtle
                            sigpic

Comment

That hail must be the size of a baseball, judging by the way it looks in your banana hands.
                              I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

The tornado alarms went off so we went outside to take a look. We didn't see anything but some clouds swirling around.
                                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X