Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
    Sonic Boom after Volcano eruption. Pretty freaking cool
    My science has shown that most volcanoes aren't weather related. But if we're just posting random geologic phenomena, here's a cool video of some granite exfoliation.

I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• 87 degrees in mid-September. wtf?
      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
        My science has shown that most volcanoes aren't weather related. But if we're just posting random geologic phenomena, here's a cool video of some granite exfoliation.

Don't volcanos cause a cooling effect? There's the link.

Comment

• Moapa, NV gets hit again. Flows in the Muddy River eclipsed the flows from the Sept. 8th event. I'm supposed to be doing fish work on the Muddy all next week. Could be interesting.

Comment

• Yup. I'm parked on I 15 right now. I'm hearing twenty miles of cars in front of me. I really don't understand why they didn't divert traffic off the interstate.
            At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
            -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
              Don't volcanos cause a cooling effect? There's the link.
              Maybe it's just the opposite. Cooling causes volcanoes.
              τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Gathering cattle for the next three days and hauling them out of the high country. This is the weather forecast.

Detailed Forecast

Today Showers likely, mainly before 9am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 45. South wind 7 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Tonight Isolated showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. South wind 6 to 9 mph becoming west northwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Tuesday A 50 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 45. Northwest wind 14 to 22 mph.

Tuesday Night Rain showers likely before midnight, then scattered rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28. Northwest wind 17 to 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Wednesday A chance of rain and snow showers before noon, then rain showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. West northwest wind around 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
                sigpic
                "Outlined against a blue, gray
                October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
                Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                  You better be careful out there lad.
                  Originally posted by JeffLebowski View Post
                  He's not a lad, brother. He's a man. He's a man!
                  Off to the side, and almost to himself, mutters in his amazingly deep voice:
                  Originally posted by Pelado
                  The man from Windy Rivers.
                  This is how this thread played out in my head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                    Off to the side, and almost to himself, mutters in his amazingly deep voice:

This is how this thread played out in my head.
                    You've obviously never heard me sing bass.
                    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Typhoon Phanfone just 3 hours from hitting Tokyo. I'm going into the office.
                      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• We're all gonna DIE!!!

Not really, but I doubt many people come to work in Manhattan tomorrow. My cupboards are pretty bare so I may be eating hot dogs and bottled water for a couple days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                          We're all gonna DIE!!!

Not really, but I doubt many people come to work in Manhattan tomorrow. My cupboards are pretty bare so I may be eating hot dogs and bottled water for a couple days.
                          While living in DC I was always amused with how bare the grocery stores would become when there was a storm in the forecast. It was insane.

Comment

• Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
                            While living in DC I was always amused with how bare the grocery stores would become when there was a storm in the forecast. It was insane.
                            Watch your mouth. We received a dusting of snow this morning and schools were not cancelled. Progress.

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                              Watch your mouth. We received a dusting of snow this morning and schools were not cancelled. Progress.
                              Uh oh, with a dusting of snow, you may not be able to by eggs, milk, or toilet paper for days!

Comment

• Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
                                Uh oh, with a dusting of snow, you may not be able to by eggs, milk, or toilet paper for days!
                                I already stocked up!

Comment

Working...
                                X