Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    And trailer homes.

I am guessing that the Houston area may get its share of tornadoes caused by hurricanes. It seems like when a hurricane hits land they break out all over the place. I recall reading that Katrina caused over 50 of them and Ivan well over 100. I assume that you were out of town for Rita and Ike so you may not have heard the warning.
    We moved here the year after Katrina and Rita. We were on vacation during Ike and missed the entire thing, including the power outage. Ike did have many tornadoes, one which hit downtown and blew out many of the windows to the tallest buidling in Texas:

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
      We moved here the year after Katrina and Rita. We were on vacation during Ike and missed the entire thing, including the power outage. Ike did have many tornadoes, one which hit downtown and blew out many of the windows to the tallest buidling in Texas:

Corporate safety sent that very picture to warn those of us in Denver last week during a major storm to stay away from the windows. There were a couple tornado warnings back-to-back. I happened to be in a pretty flimsy construction office at the time, so I was actually nervous during a tornado warning for the first time since I was about 8 years old.

Comment

• It is raining four-wheelers and scooters in Arkansas...

3898590_G.jpg

BpZaHFWCcAAjfj8.jpg

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_te...n_a_house.html
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Rain and flooding in Rexburg like I've never seen before.

Correction, since the dam broke I haven't seen flooding like this.
          Last edited by RC Vikings; 07-15-2014, 09:20 PM.

Comment

• A 1000-yr storm near the Utah/Arizona/Nevada border. I-15 will be close for 3-4 days. Yowza, that is an insane storm.

Notice the van being washed away at about 1:20.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              A 1000-yr storm near the Utah/Arizona/Nevada border. I-15 will be close for 3-4 days. Yowza, that is an insane storm.

Notice the van being washed away at about 1:20.

Did we just watch someone die?
              "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

• Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
                It wasn't at the hands of ISIS so it isn't evil.
                Get confident, stupid
                -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
                  Comments said the guy who jumped in broke his arms but the people in the van got out ok.

Comment

• Calgary, today.

"Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                      Calgary, today.
                      That's what my day will be like this afternoon. I have to fight 10 inches of snow on the mountain to get my camper trailer out. Hopefully, I won't have to chain up.
                      sigpic
                      "Outlined against a blue, gray
                      October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
                      Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboy View Post
                        That's what my day will be like this afternoon. I have to fight 10 inches of snow on the mountain to get my camper trailer out. Hopefully, I won't have to chain up.
                        Nice humblebrag. Though I may be the only one here who sees the brag part of the post.
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

Comment

• Saw this meme today and it made me chuckle:

God be like: Here's your moisture, now STFU
                          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                            Nice humblebrag. Though I may be the only one here who sees the brag part of the post.
                            You may also be the only one that sees the humble. Rule number 1: There is never anything humble about my posts.

We'll be getting frost here at the house tonight. Anyone else on the board have a freeze yet?
                            sigpic
                            "Outlined against a blue, gray
                            October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
                            Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                              Saw this meme today and it made me chuckle:

God be like: Here's your moisture, now STFU
                              Or this one:

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboy View Post
                                Anyone else on the board have a freeze yet?
                                No but I briefly considered wearing a sweater this morning. Briefly.
                                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Working...
                                X