No announcement yet.

The official weather thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth/KXAS Statement Regarding Sunday, Oct. 20, 2019 Weather Coverage

During Sunday night's Dallas Cowboys game, we made a mistake by not immediately interrupting the football game with a Tornado Warning.
    [...]
    https://www.nbcdfw.com/weather/stori...563578861.html

I think interrupting the Cowboys game for the stupid tornado would have caused riots in Dallas.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• The governor is delaying the opening of state offices by four hours today due to the storm. The General told us all to delay coming into work four hours.

It has to be because of how big the storm was projected to be, but I'd prefer to be able to make the safety call on my own. If it were me, I wouldn't drive in to work anytime time I saw snow on the roads until they'd been cleared, and the sun had a chance to melt any ice.

Since I've been in my current position at my current location, I've been hit twice by other drivers, once at high impact that totaled my car. If I'm ever killed in a winter car crash, I'd like someone here to reference this post and say he told you so!

Comment

• They canceled school in Utah county, but this seems like one of the weaker snow cancellations in memory.

Comment

• Yeah, cancelled in the Jordan school district as well. I got my snowblower out but should have left it in the garage because it wasn't worth the effort. Everyone is such a a bunch of pusillanimous wusses these days. I fear for the future of our country.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
            Yeah, cancelled in the Jordan school district as well. I got my snowblower out but should have left it in the garage because it wasn't worth the effort. Everyone is such a a bunch of pusillanimous wusses these days. I fear for the future of our country.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
              The governor is delaying the opening of state offices by four hours today due to the storm. The General told us all to delay coming into work four hours.

It has to be because of how big the storm was projected to be, but I'd prefer to be able to make the safety call on my own. If it were me, I wouldn't drive in to work anytime time I saw snow on the roads until they'd been cleared, and the sun had a chance to melt any ice.

Since I've been in my current position at my current location, I've been hit twice by other drivers, once at high impact that totaled my car. If I'm ever killed in a winter car crash, I'd like someone here to reference this post and say he told you so!
              And you're the guy who's going to protect me from those commie bastards?

I need you on that wall those roads.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
              -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Had over a foot in my driveway on the benches in Cottonwood Heights this morning (I measured). Got probably another 1 to 1 1/2 inches before I went out with the snow blower. Working from home today.

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                  And you're the guy who's going to protect me from those commie bastards?

I need you on that wall those roads.
                  Ok, so I went in to work around 11. The roads were bad, not first thing in the morning bad, but still bad. You and that other big fat meanie guilted me into it. The Chief of Staff sent us all home. The roads going back home were much better, but I was told it's supposed to keep snowing until sometime tonight.

Edit: Well that and I could see my boss was at work when I was checking the roads on google maps. Yes, we share our locations with each other. It comes in handy from time to time.
                  Last edited by Bo Diddley; 02-03-2020, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                    Yeah, cancelled in the Jordan school district as well. I got my snowblower out but should have left it in the garage because it wasn't worth the effort. Everyone is such a a bunch of pusillanimous wusses these days. I fear for the future of our country.
                    Davis count got hit pretty good. They only delayed the start of school by 2 hours. As a kid, I remember walking to school in more snow than this. I’m officially old and curmudgeonly.

Comment

• Our oldest lives in the Denver 'burbs where temps this afternoon are well into the '90s and tomorrow morning will be 34. How is this possible?

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                        Our oldest lives in the Denver 'burbs where temps this afternoon are well into the '90s and tomorrow morning will be 34. How is this possible?
                        The coming apocalypse.
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                          The coming apocalypse.
                          We had winds up to 90 mph tonight in Davis County. It currently sounds like the apocalypse out there.

Comment

• My brother’s house.
                            C31E5868-46C0-47B0-BAA5-E00C282A1BD1.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
                              My brother’s house.
                              [ATTACH]10477[/ATTACH]
                              Oof. Davis county?
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                Oof. Davis county?
                                Yes, Centerville.

Also, school is cancelled, but power is out, so no internet. Kids are going nuts. 2020 is just f***ing around with us now.

Comment

Working...
                                X