The official weather thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    We sit in Baby Bear's chair, eat his porridge, and sleep in his bed. And it is JUST RIGHT.
    It better start warming up fast this month. Summer was too short last year and it's taking way too long to warm up this year.

While camping over the weekend we were getting snow at 2,800 feet on Saturday morning.

If we don't get a few solid days of sun and upper 60s in the next couple of weeks, I'm not sure I can take it.

Comment

Very strange year weather wise. The next few weeks will be interesting.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        Very strange year weather wise. The next few weeks will be interesting.
        all those who prayed for moisture had better start praying for a gradual warming, otherwise you may be hearing Norm Bangerter's name in the news a lot more.
        Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
        God forgives many things for an act of mercy
        Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Originally posted by 8BR View Post
          It better start warming up fast this month. Summer was too short last year and it's taking way too long to warm up this year.
          La nina...spanish for the nina!
          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
            La nina...spanish for the nina!
            La Quinta...Spanish for "next to Denny's."

Comment

Originally posted by 8BR View Post
              La Quinta...Spanish for "next to Denny's."
              Reminds me of some slingo (slang + lingo = slingo--hands off RF, that URL is mine!) my closest friends and I had in high school. One of my buddies grew up in Argentina and, being a native Spanish speaker, enlightened us as to the meaning of La Quinta (it means "the fifth" in Spanish, fyi).

At the time I was in a civil gov't class and we had recently discussed the 5th amendment rights against self-incrimination. In our misunderstanding and misinterpretation of the 5th Amendment, we began using the phrase "did you stay at La Quinta?" as our code for "you haven't told anyone, have you?" To this day I can't see a La Quinta or read the name without thinking about our little buzz phrase.
              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
                all those who prayed for moisture had better start praying for a gradual warming, otherwise you may be hearing Norm Bangerter's name in the news a lot more.
                That reminds me, any one of you sacrament meeting antendees ever play Cliché Baseball? That phrase was usually worth a single and depending on emphasis or current weather conditions it might be stretched into a double. Of course you got the rare triple if you were able to make eye contact with your buddy before the parrot finished his/her prayer.

"Every fiber of my being" was the coup de grâce.
                "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

This is better. Have you ever noticed that when the sun comes out so does the cleavage?

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                    This is better. Have you ever noticed that when the sun comes out so does the cleavage?
                    I just shaved my chest and I wanna show it off, so sue me!
                    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Spring?
                      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                        Spring?
                        A couple of days ago one of my peers and I marched into another peers office and asked, what the hell is with your global warming.

He said, we never said it was global warming but "climate change". Gore has been dead on right. Man has created "climate change". It isn't even worth trying to debate the subject with these folks.

I am tempted to hop a jet somewhere that has sunshine for two days in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
                          What are you talking about? We live in the land of Eternal Spring! I love having green grass in January, and the weather is never too hot nor too cold.

We have a lot of what locals call "rain", but honestly we have only a handful of true "gully washers" annually. We live on the "leeward side" of the Olympic mountains, which trap most of the Pacific moisture (the west side of the Olympics is a true rain forest). Rarely do we have anything like the storms I experienced in New England, Virginia, Georgia, Texas, Florida, or even Utah. Most of the time it is a mild drizzle, interspersed with broken cloudy skies. I find the people who complain the most about the weather have spent very little time outside of Washington (or east of the Cascades, for that matter).

Summer typically is quite dry for 6 weeks or so, with a week or so in the low 90s. Winters give us a few weeks in the low 30s, with a few nights into the upper teens.

We sit in Baby Bear's chair, eat his porridge, and sleep in his bed. And it is JUST RIGHT.
                          I haven't lived in Seattle, but I did live for some time in Portland and the Willamette Valley.

As you say, it really doesn't rain all the time like it rains in Utah. I always said it "mists." Occasionally, you get a downpour.

What I thought was objectionable, at least in Portland, was the constant dark clouds accompanied with mist. I was told there were two cloud layers that POrtland gets. The low clouds in the valley and then the higher altitude clouds. The combos make for very dark days.

The mist isn't so bad. It's really kind of annoying, though. You see the dark skies and all you get is the mist and you think, "For heaven's sake, shit or get off the pot!" Having grown up and spent time in the mountain states, when it was cloudy, it rained and then the clouds would break and the sun would come out. That just doesn't happen up there often. It can be weeks without sun....just dark, dark days and mist. Then a brief glimpse of what you might call lighter skies then quickly back to dark and mist.

I don't mind it when I am visiting up there, but I grew to hate it while I lived there.

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                            A couple of days ago one of my peers and I marched into another peers office and asked, what the hell is with your global warming.

He said, we never said it was global warming but "climate change". Gore has been dead on right. Man has created "climate change". It isn't even worth trying to debate the subject with these folks.

I am tempted to hop a jet somewhere that has sunshine for two days in a row.
                            It was low 40s today and pouring rain outside right now. The news just predicted another storm next week.

I'm actually looking forward to going back East to enjoy some better weather

I definitely think I have some degree of seasonal affectation disorder. I hate this weather.
                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                              It was low 40s today and pouring rain outside right now. The news just predicted another storm next week.

I'm actually looking forward to going back East to enjoy some better weather

I definitely think I have some degree of seasonal affectation disorder. I hate this weather.
                              Whether it is true or not I think this kind of weather is hard on my back. I think this whole spring I have played two days of golf in really nice weather.

Comment

Arizona's weather is amazing right now...
                                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Working...
                                X