The official weather thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
    Stay safe, my friend (no sarcasm in this post)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ditto - stay safe banana man!

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

• It's amazing just how much smoke a 1000 acre brush fire can produce - I live about 5 miles south of the Weber Canyon fire and I can't see the mountains up there. The mountain due east of me is also covered in haze

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
        We wondered about stopping by to say hi, or meeting in Bend for another epic ride with HFN around Mt. Bachelor (I'd SAG this one), but given the current conditions, we'll be spending the day in a car or hotel room, concluding with viewing Mangum tossing five TD passes (hopefully none of them are pick sixes).
        I didn't see your post, if you are in the Eug I hope you aren't watching the game in a hotel. My door is always open.
        Get confident, stupid
        -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
          I didn't see your post, if you are in the Eug I hope you aren't watching the game in a hotel. My door is always open.
          I just realized this post was from a week ago, I still hope you didn't watch from a hotel.
          Get confident, stupid
          -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
            I just realized this post was from a week ago, I still hope you didn't watch from a hotel.
            We did, but that was a game that was best watched either in solitude, in a dimly lit bar with no other patrons, or not at all. We thought of trying to connect with you and the rest of the HFN mob (no doubt Hawk still cherishes the memory of his first dining experience in the US of A), but given our limited amount of time on the way north, we decided to defer the reunion to a later date.

Comment

• huh?

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                It was category 5 when it had 185 MPH winds. I think it is down to 150 MPH winds.

It is a poor comparison. Why have the current Cat and not current winds speeds. It also hasn't spent any time over Florida yet.

Comment

• Maybe next time they will stay at the Marriott...

Tourists left 'stranded' in Hurricane Irma after Marriott boat refuses to rescue anyone but guests

Terrified tourists stuck on the Caribbean Island of St Thomas during Hurricane Irma were left 'stranded' when a Marriott rescue ship refused to allow non-hotel guests to board.

As 185mph winds unleashed devastation across the tropical islands, killing a total of 22 so far, holiday makers were astonished when staff onboard the ship said they could not accommodate those who had not booked a Marriott stay.

Pier lights were then turned off in an attempt to disperse the stranded group.

As darkness fell and killer winds from departing Irma and approaching Hurricane Jose picked up, tourists turned to social media to reveal their disgust at being left on the dock as the rescue boat departed with a reported 200 free seats.
                  [...]
                  http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...-irma-11143338
                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• The PNW is being pounded by the “atmospheric river” that stretches over 5000 miles from China to the US. Mt. Baker in Washington could get up to 90” of snow.
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

Comment

• My sister spent 2 weeks "hoidays" in Vietnam, she has just come back, there was a very strong Typhoon Damrey last weekend, it was terrifying, 27 people dead, destruction, no electricity, water, tourists were asked to stay at hotels. Scary

Comment

• Are my fellow east-coasters ready for the Bomb Cyclone? We will be largely spared in NYC. Looking at 3 to 5 inches, but the 40 to 50 mph wind gusts with highs in the 20s may keep me indoors. Definitely not walking my daughter to school.

Supposedly 6" forecast for Charleston and Savannah?

Comment

• Rain in January in Rexburg is very, very rare. I don’t mind it because I don’t have to shovel it away but it hasn’t been good for my skiing.

Comment

• "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• It is so freaking warm here in SLC.

Just rolled the garbage cans out to the street in my bare feet.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                                It is so freaking warm here in SLC.

Just rolled the garbage cans out to the street in my bare feet.
                                I'm in Chicago for 2 days. Thursday it was almost 60 and rainy. Friday is supposed to be low 20s and windy. What a weird place.

Comment

Working...
                                X