The official weather thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
    Edit: why are photos posted from my camera so blurry now? Didn’t used to be the case.
    The haze in the air???
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• My brother said that just 6 weeks ago some friends tried to convince him and his wife to retire in Paradise. He thought at the time that it looked like a big tinderbox. Fortunately, the friends were able to evacuate, but ended up spending the night in their car because all the motels in nearby safe areas were full.

Comment

Comment

• Death toll climbs again tonight as it is likely to do most nights for a long time. In other unfortunate news tonight, they have finally synced the info from the three missing persons hotlines and the number of missing is now over 600.

Comment

Death toll climbs again tonight as it is likely to do most nights for a long time. In other unfortunate news tonight, they have finally synced the info from the three missing persons hotlines and the number of missing is now over 600.
            My goodness. That is horrible.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Death toll climbs again tonight as it is likely to do most nights for a long time. In other unfortunate news tonight, they have finally synced the info from the three missing persons hotlines and the number of missing is now over 600.
              Unreal. That makes me sick to my stomach.

Comment

• That is so devasting.

Comment

• Number of missing now at 1,011. This is unreal.

Comment

Number of missing now at 1,011. This is unreal.
                    Oh my gosh. So horrible.

Comment

• This is terrible. Is there an estimate of how many homes were lost so far?

I am betting PG&E is going to need to raise their rates again given one of these recent fires may have been caused by their power lines and/or equipment... someone has to pay!

Governor signs bill allowing utilities to increase fees to pay for fire settlements

California Gov. Jerry Brown has signed a measure allowing utilities to bill their customers to pay for future legal settlements stemming from devastating 2017 wildfires.

Brown announced Friday he'd signed the bill, which is aimed at preventing bankruptcy for Pacific Gas & Electric Co. The massive utility faces billions of dollars in liability if investigators determine its equipment caused the Tubbs Fire that destroyed thousands of homes and killed 22 people in Santa Rosa last year.
                      [...]
                      https://krcrtv.com/news/local/govern...QIDRZe0zx_ARPg

Maybe they should shut off the power ever time the wind blows.
                      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Number of missing now at 1,011. This is unreal.
                        smh. so sad.
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

Comment

• I can’t even imagine what the probable death toll is going to be.
                          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                          - SeattleUte

Comment

• Missing now up to 1,300. Trump continues to provide helpful input, including why California needs to be more like Finland:

But yes, I suppose we won't have any problem either if we do more raking, and somehow manage to duplicate Finland in higher precipitation, substantially lower temperatures and much higher humidity. We'll get on that,

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                              I can’t even imagine what the probable death toll is going to be.
                              It's not going to number in the thousands. The media are providing yet another disservice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Babs View Post
                                It's not going to number in the thousands. The media are providing yet another disservice.
                                It might if they include the dogs that were left behind
                                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Working...
                                X