The Death of the Today Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
    This morning Hoda Kotb cut off Savannah, just barely. Savannah thought she wasn't on camera for a second and she wasn't happy. It was very slight, but you could tell. Suddenly, someone alerted her, and the huge, fake smile was there. I predict they don't last a year as co-anchors.

Despite your prediction the Today show is still alive. Your track record ain’t too great.

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
      This morning Hoda Kotb cut off Savannah, just barely. Savannah thought she wasn't on camera for a second and she wasn't happy. It was very slight, but you could tell. Suddenly, someone alerted her, and the huge, fake smile was there. I predict they don't last a year as co-anchors.
      Both lightweights. Especially Guthrie. I laugh when she tries to act tough in interviews.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        Both lightweights. Especially Guthrie. I laugh when she tries to act tough in interviews.
        It's now America's local news morning show.
        "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

I like Savannah Guthrie.

She is great at her job, highly educated, and experienced but true she is a woman so I understand where you guys are coming from.

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
            I like Savannah Guthrie.

She is great at her job, highly educated, and experienced but true she is a woman so I understand where you guys are coming from.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I like Savannah Guthrie.

Haha. Touche'.

I like her too. For the majority of what she does, she is very good. But her political interviews are embarrassing sometimes. It's like she is trying too hard to come up with tough questions and ends up looking shallow and naive. But maybe she will get the hang of it over time.

To be fair, it is too early to make a call on Hoda.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

I’m honestly surprised so many of you watch the Today show. I had no idea of the popularity of morning news talk shows.
                Get confident, stupid
                -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                  I’m honestly surprised so many of you watch the Today show. I had no idea of the popularity of morning news talk shows.
                  Academics. They don’t have anything to do like 37 hours of the work week. They prob have a secret forum to dish on the soaps.

Comment

I like Savannah Guthrie.

That's some bullshit right there. Hallie Jackson is also a woman and could take over tomorrow with none of the criticism of shitty interviewing skills leveled against Ann Curry and Savannah Guthrie by me. Both of those journalists absolutely suck at live interviewing of "uncooperative" guests. Savannah Guthrie, in particular, puts words in the mouth of the people she interviews. Ann Curry would just get downright grumpy and mad when they wouldn't answer questions the way she framed them.

Hallie Jackson though is a serious journalist who is ready. Hoda is everyone's fun aunt. Al Roker is ridiculous and always has been. When the ratings tank and the suits decide that Guthrie and Kotb are to blame, and once Roker weasles his way into the anchor's chair for a few weeks and they all realize that he's a pervy joke, we'll see someone serious back on the air.
                    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                      Academics. They don’t have anything to do like 37 hours of the work week. They prob have a secret forum to dish on the soaps.
                      Ya know, a tiny part of my day today--no shit--for which I was paid handsomely (possible exaggeration), was watching Latin-American soap opera--novelas--theme song videos on YouTube and looking for symbols of marianismo, and then discussing similar semiotics in Breaking Bad. I got paid to watch Thalia dance in the Marimar intro. Cuando manda el corazón, siempre, siempre, manda el amor.....YOhio...¿qué pasó? YOhio, cuando manda el corazón, siempre MANDA EL AMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                        Either that or they’re as old as my mom.
                        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

You guys don't turn on the TV when you are eating breakfast? Weird.

Comment

Sure. But when I'm done adjusting the UHF dial and antenna rabbit ears, I just prefer to watch something else besides the Today Show.
                            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                            - SeattleUte

Comment

You have a tv in your kitchen? Weird.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                                You have a tv in your kitchen? Weird.
                                Have you never seen a studio apartment? Everything is in the kitchen.
                                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Working...
                                X