The Death of the Today Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    Sure. But when I'm done adjusting the UHF dial and antenna rabbit ears, I just prefer to watch something else besides the Today Show.
    Morning Joe on MSNBC?
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Morning Joe on MSNBC?
      Morning Joe is awesome.
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

You guys don't turn on the TV when you are eating breakfast? Weird.
        No, that's what you do while you drive.

Comment

Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
          No, that's what you do while you drive.

Dude, please STOP watching TV while you drive. Super dangerous.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

NWC bringing it strong in this thread tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Dude, please STOP watching TV while you drive. Super dangerous.
              When else would I have the time? Got to see whether Savannah and Hoda are going to get that chemistry!

Comment

Maybe when the kids are gone, it’s a fight against time just to get them out on time as is.
                Get confident, stupid
                -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                  Maybe when the kids are gone, it’s a fight against time just to get them out on time as is.
                  No kidding. We keep the TV off in the morning until all the kids are ready and/or gone to school. Or, in other words, until they are gone to school.
                  "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                  - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                    No kidding. We keep the TV off in the morning until all the kids are ready and/or gone to school. Or, in other words, until they are gone to school.
                    My wife is not a TV person. So the TV stays off at our house until the kids come home from school. It is never just on. I think she likes any silence she can get.

Comment

Do people still eat breakfast together? We don't have any school kids and we still don't have any TV on... and on a typical day no one eats in our house till about 11 am or even noon.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                      -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

I can't wait until the kids are grown so I can watch the TODAY show.

Comment

Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                          I can't wait until the kids are grown so I can watch the TODAY show.
                          It won’t be around anymore by then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                            Have you never seen a studio apartment? Everything is in the kitchen.
                            And here I thought JL was doing ok in life. Sad.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Unless there's some huge breaking news, the TV is off in the morning. My breakfast habit (in place for 50+ years) is to read one or both of our morning newspapers. I wonder if I'm the last one here to subscribe to newspapers.

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                                Unless there's some huge breaking news, the TV is off in the morning. My breakfast habit (in place for 50+ years) is to read one or both of our morning newspapers. I wonder if I'm the last one here to subscribe to newspapers.
                                We get our local paper. http://www.inyoregister.com/

It comes out 3 times a week and takes about 5 minutes to read. But my kids are in it all the time, so it is well worth the subscription to clip pictures of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X