Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Death of the Today Show

http://www.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/TV/0...ex.html?hpt=T2

No, it's not because Meredith is leaving, it's because Ann Curry is being promoted to co-anchor. You've already got the ridiculous Al Roker in there bringing things down (have you seen the dreadful Wake Up with Al on the Weather Channel?), but in Curry you find one of the WORST interviewers I have ever seen on television. She's just horrible.

I'm calling it. I bet the ratings tank with Curry in the co-pilot seat.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Last weekend I stood outside the windows where everyone makes asses of themselves behind the Today show anchors. As usual, it's less impressive in person.
    Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

I see Katie Couric again has excess time on her hands. If somehow they are able to bring her back, will that save the show? She had an unfortunate eyelid job, but at least is a solid interviewer.

Then again, that show is all about providing mindless background chatter while America gets dressed in the morning.

Comment

I think Anne Curry is hot.

[YOUTUBE]89aQ_F64NPs[/YOUTUBE]
        Last edited by falafel; 05-09-2011, 08:18 AM.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
          Last weekend I stood outside the windows where everyone makes asses of themselves behind the Today show anchors. As usual, it's less impressive in person.
          You were in NY and this is how you spent your time?

LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
            You were in NY and this is how you spent your time?

LOL.
            We walked by on our way from one place to another and it was well after the show ended for the day. So yes, this is how I spent 15 seconds of my day in NYC.
            Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

We walked by on our way from one place to another and it was well after the show ended for the day. So yes, this is how I spent 15 seconds of my day in NYC.
              So you walked by The Today Show window well after it was over and noted that it was unimpressive. Can't imagine why.
              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Give yourself more credit. I'm sure it lasted more than 15 seconds.
                If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

NBC consistently uses Curry differently than it used Viera or Couric. I've noticed that NBC frequently sends Curry out for on-scene reporting. She seems better suited to the on-scene bit than to the studio interview.
                  We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
                    NBC consistently uses Curry differently than it used Viera or Couric. I've noticed that NBC frequently sends Curry out for on-scene reporting. She seems better suited to the on-scene bit than to the studio interview.
                    Couric was no different. Did you already forget what the Today Show ran with when other news outlets were showing footage of Saddam Hussein's trial? Katie Couric playing badminton.

Ann Curry isn't ready to sit one on one yet and ask someone else whether they read books or newspapers. That is a skill set that takes time to build.
                    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

I forgot about this. Called it.
                      "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

[YOUTUBE]9__i8mx8A80[/YOUTUBE]
                        "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                        "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                        "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
                          [YOUTUBE]9__i8mx8A80[/YOUTUBE]
                          LOL. I was just going to post that.

Comment

Couple Savannah Guthrie's pouty "AGREE WITH ME, DAMMIT" interviewing style with Hoda and Kathy Lee just being unprofessional, and this thing will never, ever retake the lead.

Comment

This morning Hoda Kotb cut off Savannah, just barely. Savannah thought she wasn't on camera for a second and she wasn't happy. It was very slight, but you could tell. Suddenly, someone alerted her, and the huge, fake smile was there. I predict they don't last a year as co-anchors.

Comment

Working...
                              X