Has anyone bought a mattress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone bought a mattress

from one of these companies that advertise on TV as being therapeutic. Paul James advertises one. Can't remember the name of it now.

There is a new one on TV now with a count that supposedly fits to your "special" number.

I don't know if this is pure hype and marketing or they are really better than a good mattress.

No, but I recently bought a 2" thick memory foam mattress top from Ikea, and the thing is wicked awesome. Faith and I just celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary. We still own the same mattress we bought in Provo 15 years ago (manufactured in Provo... GO COUGAR-PROXIMATE MATTRESS MANUFACTURERS!), and this new mattress top promises to extend the life of the original mattress an additional 15 years.

Comment

I bought a sleep number 3 months ago. Best decision ever. Took me about a week to dial in my number, once I did I sleep more comfortable than I ever have.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
        I bought a sleep number 3 months ago. Best decision ever. Took me about a week to dial in my number, once I did I sleep more comfortable than I ever have.
        Have you had any back trouble and can you tell if it has helped with that?

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
          Have you had any back trouble and can you tell if it has helped with that?

In my old bed, which was a $3k sealy, i would wake up every morning with a head ache and back pain. I had gotten to the point that I didn't sleep in my bed for about 3 years because of it. Those are all gone.

I got the recommendation from my brother who fractured some vertebrae and was having a really difficult time sleeping. He has been sleeping on his sleep number for about 8 years and he swears by it.

Comment

In my old bed, which was a $3k sealy, i would wake up every morning with a head ache and back pain. I had gotten to the point that I didn't sleep in my bed for about 3 years because of it. Those are all gone.

I got the recommendation from my brother who fractured some vertebrae and was having a really difficult time sleeping. He has been sleeping on his sleep number for about 8 years and he swears by it.
            What size of bed? And what do they cost? You can never pin those companies down on a price.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
              What size of bed? And what do they cost? You can never pin those companies down on a price.
              King, $2,200 I had no problem nailing a price, but they have a store here.

Edit, that was total, with the frame and some extras.
              Last edited by Coach McGuirk; 04-29-2011, 10:45 AM.

Comment

King, $2,200 I had no problem nailing a price, but they have a store here.

Edit, that was total, with the frame and some extras.
                Where's here. You are in Utah aren't you?

Comment

Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                  No, but I recently bought a 2" thick memory foam mattress top from Ikea, and the thing is wicked awesome. Faith and I just celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary. We still own the same mattress we bought in Provo 15 years ago (manufactured in Provo... GO COUGAR-PROXIMATE MATTRESS MANUFACTURERS!), and this new mattress top promises to extend the life of the original mattress an additional 15 years.
                  Is this similar to the one they sell at Costco? We are thinking about getting one of those.
                  So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                    Where's here. You are in Utah aren't you?

Yeah, the UC specifically in the Provo Town Center. Here are the other two.

Fashion Place
                    Fashion Place, near Dillard's
                    6191 S State St
                    MURRAY, UT
                    801-266-1121
                    View Map
                    HOURS:
                    • Sun 12:00 PM - 6:00 PM
                    • Mon 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM
                    • Tue 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM
                    • Wed 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM
                    • Thu 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM
                    • Fri 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM
                    • Sat 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM

Layton Hills
                    Upper level near JCPenney
                    2052 Layton Hills Mall
                    Layton, UT
                    801-544-4434
                    View Map
                    HOURS:

Comment

Yeah, the UC specifically in the Provo Town Center. Here are the other two.

Fashion Place
                      Fashion Place, near Dillard's
                      6191 S State St
                      MURRAY, UT
                      801-266-1121
                      View Map
                      HOURS:

Layton Hills
                      Upper level near JCPenney
                      2052 Layton Hills Mall
                      Layton, UT
                      801-544-4434
                      View Map
                      HOURS:

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                        Is this similar to the one they sell at Costco? We are thinking about getting one of those.
                        We just bought one this month as well. We were looking at the one from Costco and then found one at Kohls. My wife had $50 Kohls bucks (whatever that is) plus saved an additional 20% by using her Kohl's card, so the 3" memory foam topper at Kohls was cheaper than the 2" memory foam topper at Costco.

It has been awesome. I love the way you sink into the foam. I think next year we may splurge on a 12" novaform memory foam mattress from Costco.
                        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                          We did the same thing and love it.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I should say that my wife and I have had the opposite experience. We've had one for two years (cal king) and have not been impressed. Problems with quality of the air compressor system, controls, etc., and I have had increased back pain. YMMV, as my back is subject to some unique challenges.
                            Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

Is this the OFFICIAL mattress-purchasing thread? Without that designation I'm not sure if this question belongs in the thread, but here goes anyway:

My 3 year old will be graduating from her toddler bed to a real bed as soon as we buy a mattress. The bed is a full (it's a hand-me-down from my in-laws; already sitting, disassembled, in the garage). It will be used as a guest bed when needed--if not for the occasional adult use, I'd go really cheap because I figure that for a small child, mattress quality isn't really going to affect her comfort level.

Any recommendations? The mattresses at Costco seem too expensive/nice for how often it will be used by adults. What do you all think is the sweet spot in terms of price for a cheap but adequately comfortable mattress?
                              "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                              "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                              This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                              "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                              "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

Working...
                              X