No announcement yet.

Has anyone bought a mattress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So are you guys all pretty happy with the mattress in a box? We recently replaced our 20+ year old mattress with an expensive innerspring mattress. Within a few weeks it started to sag, leaving depressions where we slept and a crown in the middle. The store replaced it with another of the same type, to see if we just got a bad one, but it's been sagging too. We're going to get a refund, but are back in the market.

Anybody have a high recommendation for a mattress that keeps its shape, is somewhat firm but has a bit of plush to it? (Soft enough to be comfortable, but not so soft that it traps you in place) I've seen good and bad reviews on just about everything. Leesa, Aspira, Nectar, Purple, and other varieties of foam, innerspring, and hybrids.

Comment

We bought a Dux twenty years back. It's been great.

Why not give Hästens a try and let us know how it goes?
      You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
      Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
      You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Thanks, but I think I'll pass. I'd have to sell the Porsche.

Comment

Take some great idea, thanks all

Comment

Someone is giving bestellen a run for her money. Of course, bestellen is the GOAT so it really isn't even close.

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
              We got the regular purple when we moved to Utah and it was ok but a little too stiff for us as we both side sleep a lot. We upgraded to the new Purple 3 and it is much better but I'm still wondering if we would do better with a Purple 4. We are still in the trial period so we are trying to decide if we want to keep it or try another company. Purple is comfy but is more expensive than the rest. The purple 3 is about 3x the typical mattress in a box. The purple 4 is even more. I would spend the money if I knew we would love it but we used up our trials on the Purple 3.

I will say I am very happy with how cool the purple sleeps (both the original and the 3). I sleep very hot, and could not sleep under my wife's comforter on any other mattress we have had without waking up drenched in sweat. I dont sweat at all on the purple. Super comfy temperature wise.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
              Update: we sent back the Purple 3 and are now on a trial with the Sapira (made by Leesa). It is ok, but inferior to the Purple 3 comfort wise and vastly inferior temperature wise. It is significantly less expensive though. I can't imagine us keeping this one unless it softens up considerably in the next few weeks.

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
              I'm a side sleeper. Typically side sleepers need a softer mattress. I'm also extremely sensitive to heat. I looked at all the bed in a box reviews and chose Brooklyn Bedding based mostly on those two criteria. I've had it over a year and am very pleased.
              Maybe BB should be our next trial.

Comment

Currently researching mattresses. Ours is about 12 years old. Gidget needs something more plush. I'm a stomach sleeper and prefer something firmer. I'm leaning towards building my own mattress. I'd like to do a hybrid latex bed. Looking at Arizona a premium mattresses to get the components.
                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                -Turtle
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                  Currently researching mattresses. Ours is about 12 years old. Gidget needs something more plush. I'm a stomach sleeper and prefer something firmer. I'm leaning towards building my own mattress. I'd like to do a hybrid latex bed. Looking at Arizona a premium mattresses to get the components.
                  I think building your own bed is doable. My latest is a Stearns & Foster from Costco... but for $1,000 I think I could have crafted one just as nice or nicer.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                  -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                    I think building your own bed is doable. My latest is a Stearns & Foster from Costco... but for $1,000 I think I could have crafted one just as nice or nicer.
                    Has anybody slept on one of those dual-sided beds, with changeable firmness and angles of incline?
                    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
                      Has anybody slept on one of those dual-sided beds, with changeable firmness and angles of incline?
                      I've got one of those. It's a comfortable bed, makes watching TV convenient, and has cover in handy for post surgery recovery on my knees and feet. The biggest gripe I have is that it feels more like two twin beds right next to each other.

Comment

Working...
                      X