Has anyone bought a mattress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
    I got the Novaform Comfort Grande from Costco. I've been very happy with it.
    Does it get hot? My wife refuses to go with foam unless we know it doesn't trap a ton of heat.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
      Does it get hot? My wife refuses to go with foam unless we know it doesn't trap a ton of heat.
      Nope. The cooling layer seems to do the job. I slept comfortably all summer.

Comment

I've been waiting for someone to respond to your query -- but, no, I have no experience with Nectar.

There are a zillion of these bed in a box companies now, perhaps the industry which was effectively dominated by around three companies (and then two when Simmons and Serta apparently merged) is ripe for disruption. Around a year ago an ad popped up on Youtube featuring some of the Studio C people for Purple Mattress. Apparently the Utah company has been quite successful in the last 2-3 years. I'm considering a new mattress and so Google has been playing a ton of bed in a box mattress ads before any youtube video I watch. An ad for one of the company's called Puffy popped up and one of my roommates from college is apparently its spokesman.

We've had the mainstream Costco Sealy for seven years now, it's still in pretty good shape and fairly comfortable -- I don't really have back or neck problems, but my shoulders get sore because I'm a side sleeper. We're thinking about the Purple to avoid typical foam mattress heat issues. That polymer/gel lattice is supposed to really cut down on the heat. Any update from those of you that have the Purple?
        I think ours is a purple mattress. We’ve had it for a couple years and both like it. I’m a side sleeper as well and don’t have issues. It’s cool enough in the Houston summers. It also wasn’t too expensive but I can’t remember the price since MJ did the research and bought it.

On a tangent, MJ’s uncle works for Purple. Apparently he helped build the machine that makes the mattresses and now maintains the machine.
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Word to the wise: When your wife/gf asks if a mattress "traps heat," don't look to sports dudes for advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
            Word to the wise: When your wife/gf asks if a mattress "traps heat," don't look to sports dudes for advice.
            Almost everything between the colon and comma was superfluous.
            τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

I love All-American.
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
                True. We don’t spend as much time on our back.
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                  I love All-American.
                  I do, too. It’s so great to have him back!

Comment

Still loving our Purple mattress. Cool in a Bakersfield summer.

We liked it so much, we bought one for TK2 in her room.

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                      I love All-American.
                      he could turn half of us you guys gay.
                      I'm like LeBron James.
                      -mpfunk

Comment

I've been waiting for someone to respond to your query -- but, no, I have no experience with Nectar.

There are a zillion of these bed in a box companies now, perhaps the industry which was effectively dominated by around three companies (and then two when Simmons and Serta apparently merged) is ripe for disruption. Around a year ago an ad popped up on Youtube featuring some of the Studio C people for Purple Mattress. Apparently the Utah company has been quite successful in the last 2-3 years. I'm considering a new mattress and so Google has been playing a ton of bed in a box mattress ads before any youtube video I watch. An ad for one of the company's called Puffy popped up and one of my roommates from college is apparently its spokesman.

We've had the mainstream Costco Sealy for seven years now, it's still in pretty good shape and fairly comfortable -- I don't really have back or neck problems, but my shoulders get sore because I'm a side sleeper. We're thinking about the Purple to avoid typical foam mattress heat issues. That polymer/gel lattice is supposed to really cut down on the heat. Any update from those of you that have the Purple?
                        I'm a side sleeper. Typically side sleepers need a softer mattress. I'm also extremely sensitive to heat. I looked at all the bed in a box reviews and chose Brooklyn Bedding based mostly on those two criteria. I've had it over a year and am very pleased.

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                          he could turn half of us you guys gay.
                          Which half? Top - bottom? Front - back? Left - right?
                          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

We got the regular purple when we moved to Utah and it was ok but a little too stiff for us as we both side sleep a lot. We upgraded to the new Purple 3 and it is much better but I'm still wondering if we would do better with a Purple 4. We are still in the trial period so we are trying to decide if we want to keep it or try another company. Purple is comfy but is more expensive than the rest. The purple 3 is about 3x the typical mattress in a box. The purple 4 is even more. I would spend the money if I knew we would love it but we used up our trials on the Purple 3.

I will say I am very happy with how cool the purple sleeps (both the original and the 3). I sleep very hot, and could not sleep under my wife's comforter on any other mattress we have had without waking up drenched in sweat. I dont sweat at all on the purple. Super comfy temperature wise.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                              We got the regular purple when we moved to Utah.

I will say I am very happy with how cool the purple sleeps (both the original and the 3). I sleep very hot, and could not sleep under my wife's comforter on any other mattress we have had without waking up drenched in sweat. I dont sweat at all on the purple. Super comfy temperature wise.
                              Man, you’d think you moved cross-country and changed climates with that much of a temperature difference.
                              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                                Man, you’d think you moved cross-country and changed climates with that much of a temperature difference.
                                Ha! We lived here over 10 years ago when we were first married. We had a select comfort then and it was just as hot as the subsequent places we lived.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X