No announcement yet.

The Voice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard a girl did a cover of Tonite, Tonight but did a soul-less, show tunesy, Glee-esque version of it.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Funk View Post
      Anybody catching season 2 of this? There have been some powerhouses so far, as well as a few oddball vocalists (I'm thinking specifically of Erin Martin's performance of "Hey There Delilah). I think the quality of performer is a bit better this season.
      The quality's definitely better than American Idol. Even though I hate country music, and I hate Maroon 5, I like Blake and Adam. I love Cee-Lo, too.
      If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
        This was probably the most I have ever enjoyed this song. Juliet Simms has heart:

[YOUTUBE]BT8QpLBjJt4[/YOUTUBE]
        Yeah, that one was really, really good. She blew away everyone else last night with that.

I love how Pip wanted to show he could sing rock as well as show tunes, and so he picked Brandon Flowers?!?

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
          I am excited to see Jordis Unga again. I thought she was the best contestant on that rockstar show with Dave Navarro back in the day.
          I have three songs Jordis sang in Rock Star:INXS on my playlist. And apparently, she's a cousin with my brother's bassist (I play with them some, too) and we were apparently pretty close to opening for Jordis on her tour, until the tour was canceled. So I'm pretty partial to her. Plus, she's got a great voice. I think the teenyboppers didn't identify with Heart, and that's why she wasn't in the top 3 of the voting. She shouldn't have had to be saved by Blake.

Comment

I don't know if anyone is watching this season, but me and Gidget tune in regularly. I know I said I was going to give it up, but I can't. And I am glad I didn't as this season has been pretty phenomenal. Last night's show may have been the best episode of any singing competition I have ever seen. I didn't care much for the first performance, but after that it seemed that each contestant nailed it. It was impressive. I kept waiting for someone to choke and nobody did. After last night we both said, I don't want any of these people to go home. As far as collective talent goes, the Voice trounces X Factor.

I also really like the judges now. I have been hyper critical of some of them, especially Adam Levine but they all seem to have gotten better. Christina still annoys me, but I really dig the chemistry amongst them all. It's much better than the X Factor panel and I am positive it will be better than Idol's new lineup. These coaches also seem much more invested in their singers. Cee-Lo was crying last night as one of his guys sang. So was Blake Shelton. Can anyone imagine LA Reid or Simon crying? Simon will smile on occasion, but all LA does is make some face like he's smelling his own fart. It's annoying.
            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
            -Turtle
            sigpic

Comment

The Phat Family are regular viewers. My daughter has become a big fan.
              I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
                The Phat Family are regular viewers. My daughter has become a big fan.
                Cassadee Pope is my girl.
                -Turtle
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                  Cassadee Pope is my girl.

Do you watch with the sound on or off?

Comment

Originally posted by UtahDan View Post

Do you watch with the sound on or off?
                    She can actually sing. She killed Blake's Over You last night. I am surprised that he let her sing it. I think he is developing a bond with her like he had with Dia. Blake Shelton is a cool dude. He really coaches up his team which I dig. I'd like to kick it with him. Adam would be cool too because he has nice Lakers seats.
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

Comment

My favorite performances from the night:

[YOUTUBE]jjfWYKe3baU[/YOUTUBE]

The dude just makes soul cool:

[YOUTUBE]hQwuTct5JJo[/YOUTUBE]

I have always liked Melanie and this was very cool:

[YOUTUBE]LQzKr7XqcEM[/YOUTUBE]

I haven't been a big Amanda Brown fan, but her cover of Stars was pretty damn good:

[YOUTUBE]5CenCMTJT_M[/YOUTUBE]
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

Comment

My favorite performances from the night:

[YOUTUBE]jjfWYKe3baU[/YOUTUBE]
                        That Cassadee Pope cut was tight!
                        Visca Catalunya Lliure

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                          That Cassadee Pope cut was tight!
                          It was really good. I almost liked it better than Miranda Lambert's version which is like heresy. Like I said, I am shocked that Blake would give her that song to sing. Dude refuses to sing it himself. Cassadee's version is now #1 in the iTunes store.
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

Comment

My favorite is Nicholas David and Melanie Martinez. I always enjoy their performances. I fell asleep and must have missed Cassadee Pope' performance. Wow. What emotion.
                            I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

It was really good. I almost liked it better than Miranda Lambert's version which is like heresy. Like I said, I am shocked that Blake would give her that song to sing. Dude refuses to sing it himself. Cassadee's version is now #1 in the iTunes store.
                              I fell asleep and missed that song. Would love to hear what Blake and the others said after the performance..

That was a awesome performance.. The way they panned out to include Blake and how he was sitting and just listening was very touching..

Knowing the history now makes that performance even cooler..
                              Last edited by dabrockster; 11-20-2012, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                                I fell asleep and missed that song. Would love to hear what Blake and the others said after the performance..

That was a awesome performance.. The way they panned out to include Blake and how he was sitting and just listening was very touching..

Knowing the history now makes that performance even cooler..
                                Blake, Christina and Cee-Lo gave standing ovations. Christina said she completely sold the song and was her best performance. Cee-Lo pretty much said she killed it. Same with Adam who said that it was a nice departure from the pop-punk princess. He suggested she sing country. Blake says what he always does about that song "that it is the most personal and important song he's ever been a part of" and yet she made it seem like he was listening to it for the very first time. He then got kind of emotional and just said, gesturing to Cassadee, "you're looking at an artist."
                                -Turtle
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X