The Voice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Voice

Pretty interesting concept. Not sure how it was going to work out with the judges but I really like it. Some decent talent so far. But the best act had to be the kid from Texas named Ty Austin. They don't show his face during the intro. They just show this skinny kid with Nikes and no laces, purple skinny jeans. Then they show his parents. Dad is a big ol' white cowboy. During the intro he explains most people don't know he can sing and are surprised when he does. Says he's a nerd that likes to read science fiction and that he's Mormon. Then he starts singing and gets Cee-lo and Adam Levine to turn around they finally show him and he's a brother with a giant afro. It was awesome.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
    Pretty interesting concept. Not sure how it was going to work out with the judges but I really like it. Some decent talent so far. But the best act had to be the kid from Texas named Ty Austin. They don't show his face during the intro. They just show this skinny kid with Nikes and no laces, purple skinny jeans. Then they show his parents. Dad is a big ol' white cowboy. During the intro he explains most people don't know he can sing and are surprised when he does. Says he's a nerd that likes to read science fiction and that he's Mormon. Then he starts singing and gets Cee-lo and Adam Levine to turn around they finally show him and he's a brother with a giant afro. It was awesome.
    So his name is Tje, pronounced Ty. Born in Hawaii and adopted at birth by Mormon parents from Texas. He's the 4th of 11 kids. Calls his sound neo-soul, afro-Hawaiian. Gotta support my tribe.

Here's his website:

http://www.tjeaustin.com/
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Comment

Chachi made me watch this show tonight. I fought it because i wanted to watch the season finale of Top Shot. That being said, i liked it. I thought the fat kid from tejas was the best talent.

She also predicted that you would start this thread .
      I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

I really liked him. I also liked Javier Colon. Out of all the girls I really liked the second one (she reminds me of one of the wizards on Waverly Place and now she's on Lemonade Mouth lol). I was surprised at how funny Adam and Blake were throughout the show. FN wasn't very happy when I made him watch it, but I think he's a fan now.

Stupid news canceled The Biggest Loser tonight.

Comment

Tell me you didn't say "what the" when they finally showed Tje?

I liked the big kid too. Funny that Adam didn't know the song.

My dark horse and favorite I think is the 16 year old girl. With some coaching I think she could be really special.

I thought it was cool that Cee-Lo recognized Frenchie. That would be pretty cool.
          -Turtle
          sigpic

Comment

I saw that his name was spelled Tje, and said, "Why on earth would his parents do that?!" Then they spanned out and showed the fro and it all made sense.

I was not surprised to see you started this thread, btw.

Comment

I'm catching up with this show in Hulu after a cancelled appointment this morning.

It's an intriguing concept. I gave up on Idol five years ago. I don't typically have much interest in songster-specific reality shows. I really like how the blind audition plays into the dynamic. It's also very interesting how the participants get to pick their coach if multiple coaches want to work with the singer.

Good stuff.
              "You know, I was looking at your shirt and your scarf and I was thinking that if you had leaned over, I could have seen everything." ~Trial Ad Judge

Comment

Man, that Cee Lo sure is a strange looking dude.
                So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Gay mormon kid on reality tv has almost become cliche. Also the kid is 20 and looks older than I do.
                  So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                    Gay mormon kid on reality tv has almost become cliche. Also the kid is 20 and looks older than I do.
                    It seems to be the way to make "The Short List", and these kids know it. Outs himself on TV while his Dad does not know and disses him... :slap:

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                      Gidget said almost the exact same thing. Also, the "my dad doesn't know, but I guess he does now" part was a bit uncomfortable.

Decent night. I wasn't blown away by anyone really. Nakia was interesting. He was like John Belushi meets Joaquin Phoenix but gay. Dia of Meg and Dia was on and made it. I like her voice.
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

Comment

Anybody still watching this. I have missed the last 3 or so weeks but some of tonight's performances were awesome. Some really great songs were sung.
                        I am a philosophical Goldilocks, always looking for something neither too big nor too small, neither too hot nor too cold, something jussssst right. I'll send you a card from purgatory. - PAC

You know how President Hinckley said he doesn't worry about those who pray? The same can be said for men who are self-aware enough to know when there's a life to be lived outside of the world of video games. - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Gidget View Post
                          Anybody still watching this. I have missed the last 3 or so weeks but some of tonight's performances were awesome. Some really great songs were sung.
                          I'm a Dia Frampton fan. She has been great.

Comment

Originally posted by Gidget View Post
                            We like it. Some excellent performances almost across the board tonight.
                            "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                            "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                            "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                              I'm a Dia Frampton fan. She has been great.
                              I heart Dia too, I think she is my favorite so far.
                              I am a philosophical Goldilocks, always looking for something neither too big nor too small, neither too hot nor too cold, something jussssst right. I'll send you a card from purgatory. - PAC

You know how President Hinckley said he doesn't worry about those who pray? The same can be said for men who are self-aware enough to know when there's a life to be lived outside of the world of video games. - Anonymous

Comment

Working...
                              X