Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Voice

Ragnar Lodbrok Descendant SoCalCoug's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarkGrace View Post
    So the white dudes from Idaho just busted out some Spanish talking to Shakira. Gotta be Mos.
    You mean the white guy from Idaho who "lived in" Ecuador and the white guy from Idaho who "lived in" Spain and who both speak fluent Spanish? Bit of a stretch, don't you think?
    If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." ó Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Ragnar Lodbrok Descendant SoCalCoug's Avatar

My wife and I are not sure we want Christina back next season. Shakira is absolutely adorable in this, and even Usher, who I have never liked, is not unlikeable. I'm looking forward to seeing them work with their team.
    If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." ó Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

So the white dudes from Idaho just busted out some Spanish talking to Shakira. Gotta be Mos.
    Yeah the dude on guitar is JPL who I mentioned above. He made the top 10 on the 3rd season of Idol. His audition was pretty funny. He said he was told to wear something nice so he showed up in slacks, a short sleeve white shirt and tie. All he was missing was his placa. Simon said he looked like a pen salesman. And yes they're both Mos and RMs.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalCoug View Post
    My wife and I are not sure we want Christina back next season. Shakira is absolutely adorable in this, and even Usher, who I have never liked, is not unlikeable. I'm looking forward to seeing them work with their team.
    Agreed. Shakira > christina
    I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

The Voice is my favorite singing show by far. What I like is that there is no crap on it. I have grown tired of the fake auditions of shows like Idol and X Factor. The first season or two they were amusing, but that is a tired act now. All of the auditions on The Voice are generally really good. Cole Vosbury is one of my favorites this season. He sang Let Her Go which is a song I have loved since the first time I heard it. His cover though is 10x better than Passenger's original.

Also, I really liked Shakira last season and wasn't sure how I felt about Christina back, but she's grown on me and I think has been really great this year.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

Grooveshark dick tease MarkGrace's Avatar

Gwen Stefani looks terrific these days. Even better looking now than when she was younger.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Pre-Historic Man

Gwen Stefani looks terrific these days. Even better looking now than when she was younger.
    I am not a big fan of her music but her looks right now are improving.

Lots of capable singers this time but nobody that blows me away.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

She has been hot for me since Tragic Kingdom. The mix of girl power belted in I'm Just a Girl with the tenderness expressed in Don't Speak has always got me. Her music, personality, and style was 50 percent of her hotness. Today, the other 50% based purely on looks, has definitely gotten better with age.
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Meh, Gwen Stefani has nothing on Shakira.

She really does look great, especially considering she's 45.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Quote Originally Posted by USUC View Post
    Meh, Gwen Stefani has nothing on Shakira.
    Except 8 years and 3 kids. MILF!

Except 8 years and 3 2 kids. MILF!
    FIFY

FIFY
    She had a 3rd this year.

She had a 3rd this year.
    Shakira has a kid though. But if GS had a kid this year she definitely looks great right now. Good for her.

Pre-Historic Man

Gwen Stefani looked stunning tonight. She was elegant and tasteful.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post
    Gwen Stefani looked stunning tonight. She was elegant and tasteful.
    And cried a ton. I'm completely annoyed by the remaining contestants. The Brett Michaels meets Billy Ray Cyrus country guy probably has the best voice but come on.

Pre-Historic Man

And cried a ton. I'm completely annoyed by the remaining contestants. The Brett Michaels meets Billy Ray Cyrus country guy probably has the best voice but come on.
    Damien and Matt have the best voices but I have no idea what people like. It is canned and the stars commentary is annoying.

My friend Dustin has been slowly increasing his footprint from Provo local musician to The Lower Lights to The Voice to professional songwriter/recording artist. It's hilarious that this screw-off version of his song may be the thing that really puts him on the map.

http://www.wideopencountry.com/dusti...t-by-the-lake/

Quote Originally Posted by Shaka View Post
    My friend Dustin has been slowly increasing his footprint from Provo local musician to The Lower Lights to The Voice to professional songwriter/recording artist. It's hilarious that this screw-off version of his song may be the thing that really puts him on the map.

http://www.wideopencountry.com/dusti...t-by-the-lake/
    I had never heard that song, as I don't listen to country, but was pretty funny. And I actually liked the song too.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    I had never heard that song, as I don't listen to country, but was pretty funny. And I actually liked the song too.
    Vacant Motel Heart is a really good song. Dustin's a total crossover artist. He's been veering towards country because that's what pays the bills.

Pre-Historic Man

Quote Originally Posted by Shaka View Post
    Vacant Motel Heart is a really good song. Dustin's a total crossover artist. He's been veering towards country because that's what pays the bills.
    What's the other genre he mixes with? I remember his Voice appearances, and was rooting for him. My wife enjoys his voice and genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post
    What's the other genre he mixes with? I remember his Voice appearances, and was rooting for him. My wife enjoys his voice and genre.
    Check out The band Jerrytown. The band is really just Dustin during his college days. Itís alt-rock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro