No announcement yet.

PSN is down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has the PSN outage now exceeded the 11 day record set by XBL back in 2008?
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
      Wasn't that around Christmas? That is really bad.

Of course this happened right after the release of Socom and also the Portal 2 which was to highlight the Steam / PS partnership.

Comment

Not even in the same discussion. The service was never completely offline during that issue. I myself got in plenty of games during that time, the troubles were with random disconnects and intermittent connection issues. Your shit is SHUT DOWN. DARK. Repent of your foolishness. Sony has really screwed the pooch on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by camleish View Post
          i think i'll probably play gt5. maybe you can play need for speed or forza.
          GT5 better than Forza 3? U crazy. I have an unopened copy of GT5 I am willing to sell. Seriously. I live in Sandy. Make me an offer.

Comment

Lol.

Sensitive, I see. I would be too knowing that thieves stole my personal credit card info.

The new Harry potter is out on blu ray. Fire that baby up in your PS3.
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              Lol.

Sensitive, I see. I would be too knowing that thieves stole my personal credit card info.

The new Harry potter is out on blu ray. Fire that baby up in your PS3.
              Actually they didn't steal the CC info. It's much ado about nothing. Fortunately it didn't happen at Christmas time. The worst part about it is the PS3 still doesn't have that sweet video game library from 2005 and 2006 and for the Kinect that the 360 has exclusive claim to. It seems like it would be nice to pass the time off the grid with a sweet game of Peter Jackson's King Kong and the Michael Jackson's Captain EO.
              Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Actually they didn't steal the CC info. It's much ado about nothing. Fortunately it didn't happen at Christmas time. The worst part about it is the PS3 still doesn't have that sweet video game library from 2005 and 2006 and for the Kinect that the 360 has exclusive claim to. It seems like it would be nice to pass the time off the grid with a sweet game of Peter Jackson's King Kong and the Michael Jackson's Captain EO.
                I'm glad it is much ado about nothing. So I assume you are playing online tonight on Sonys network?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Colly Wolly View Post
                  Not even in the same discussion. The service was never completely offline during that issue. I myself got in plenty of games during that time, the troubles were with random disconnects and intermittent connection issues. Your shit is SHUT DOWN. DARK. Repent of your foolishness. Sony has really screwed the pooch on this one.
                  I hope your gaming experience was filled with many "what the eff -- not again" during your Christmas break.

Anyway, if you can't deal with a week of not being able to get online with HANGIN_HAMMER79 and SOUTHBAYCIVICJUNKIE, then you need to reevaluate things.

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    I'm glad it is much ado about nothing. So I assume you are playing online tonight on Sonys network?
                    No, I'm watching the draft and the Mavs v. Blazers. I'll connect up with DERMANN85 and LONG_DONG_SILVER at some later date. I heard that Sony is running behind on getting The Spice Girls' Spice World for the Move. I'm disappointed that I've missed out on something that the Kinect has had for months.

Comment

I hope your gaming experience was filled with many "what the eff -- not again" during your Christmas break.

Anyway, if you can't deal with a week of not being able to get online with HANGIN_HAMMER79 and SOUTHBAYCIVICJUNKIE, then you need to reevaluate things.
                      I see now why this isnt a big deal for you. You dont actually play video games. tee hee!

Comment

Credit card information for 46 million users compromised. That didn't happen with xbox a few years back. Yeeesh. If you purchased a COD map pack on the PS3, you may want to think about a drop/replace.

Comment

Credit card information for 46 million users compromised. That didn't happen with xbox a few years back. Yeeesh. If you purchased a COD map pack on the PS3, you may want to think about a drop/replace.
                          Wow, talk about a PR nightmare. This is really going to put a dent in sales for the PlayStation Move.

sigpic

Comment

Meh, if my card gets used in some way, getting rid of the charge takes two clicks of the button. Plus, I can use this opportunity to explain away otherwise questionable purchases.

The biggest annoyance is not getting to hang out online with people like Fus, CJ, Tick, etc. I have their phone numbers, but that just seems creepy to call them.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Ghost
                              I'm not an on-line gamer, so I haven't missed PSN at all. However, earlier this month Sony required Netflix users to sign up for PSN in order to use Neflix. If you don't sign up and auth with PSN, you can't watch movies on Netflix on the device. Very lame. Because of this, the PSN outage has a direct impact on the PS3 Netflix app. If you try to stream any movie, you'll get a PS3-generated failure notice about PSN being down. Boo!

We (my wife and I) eventually figured out last night that if you repeatedly attempt to log in to the PSN (and fail) enough times, eventually there must be a fail count exceeded... because it will finally start streaming the movie you select. Extremely annoying. Nice job Sony.

cheers.
                              This also seems like a blatant attempt to artificially boost PSN registration numbers, likely to compare favorably with XBLA.

sigpic

Comment

For netflix I just need to do that twice. Once logging in once when selecting movie. Just fail and press circle.

Comment

Working...
                                X