PSN is down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSN is down?

Heard the PSN has been attacked by hackers and has been down for several days now. No ETA on a fix from Sony either.

Have you guys experienced trouble playing online?

Originally posted by Colly Wolly View Post
    Heard the PSN has been attacked by hackers and has been down for several days now. No ETA on a fix from Sony either.

Yes, I tried to get online on Thursday and then again last night, and both times it was under maintenance, although I'm not sure if it was down the entire time during the interim.

I hope it comes back on soon, I'm getting way too many things done around the house, I've gone to the gym excessively much and my relationship with my fiancee has improved far too much.

Comment

it's been down for a week straight now. there was an external security threat and sony pulled it down.
      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

personal information has been compromised

Comment

Originally posted by Colly Wolly View Post

Not only is it down, but apparently credit card information was stolen.
          Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

XBLA seems to be working just fine.

How are you guys going to play Little Big Planet now?
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

I have no idea what is going on this thread. Too many acronyms I don't recognize.
              So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Must be getting bad.

[YOUTUBE]G_-uD10BqFI[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                  XBLA seems to be working just fine.

How are you guys going to play Little Big Planet now?
                  That would've been funny like 2 years ago.

Comment

Got this email from Sony:

We greatly appreciate your patience, understanding and goodwill as we do whatever it takes to resolve these issues as quickly and efficiently as practicable. Although we are still investigating the details of this incident, we believe that an unauthorized person has obtained the following information that you provided: name, address (city, state, zip), country, email address, birthdate, PlayStation Network/Qriocity password and login, and handle/PSN online ID. It is also possible that your profile data, including purchase history and billing address (city, state, zip), and your PlayStation Network/Qriocity password security answers may have been obtained. If you have authorized a sub-account for your dependent, the same data with respect to your dependent may have been obtained. While there is no evidence at this time that credit card data was taken, we cannot rule out the possibility. If you have provided your credit card data through PlayStation Network or Qriocity, out of an abundance of caution we are advising you that your credit card number (excluding security code) and expiration date may have been obtained. For your security, we encourage you to be especially aware of email, telephone and postal mail scams that ask for personal or sensitive information. Sony will not contact you in any way, including by email, asking for your credit card number, social security number or other personally identifiable information. If you are asked for this information, you can be confident Sony is not the entity asking. When the PlayStation Network and Qriocity services are fully restored, we strongly recommend that you log on and change your password. Additionally, if you use your PlayStation Network or Qriocity user name or password for other unrelated services or accounts, we strongly recommend that you change them as well.

And remember, as has been scientifically proven, the competition on PSN is vastly superior to that on XBL.

Comment

until the network is fixed and you can determine whether your personal information was stolen, I suppose you guys can watch blu-ray movies.

sigpic

Comment

until the network is fixed and you can determine whether your personal information was stolen, I suppose you guys can watch blu-ray movies.
                        i think i'll probably play gt5. maybe you can play need for speed or forza.

Comment

Originally posted by camleish View Post
                          lol. driving simulators.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by camleish View Post
                            Is playing Forza a bad thing? I played the first version and liked it a lot.
                            "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                            "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                            This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                            "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                            "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

lol. driving simulators.

Originally posted by Lost_Student View Post
                              Is playing Forza a bad thing? I played the first version and liked it a lot.
                              forza ain't no gt5, son!

Comment

Working...
                              X