No announcement yet.

HBO's Game of Thrones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MG hasn't posted in this thread in about 5 years and still has the 2nd most contributions.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
    Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
    You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
      MG hasn't posted in this thread in about 5 years and still has the 2nd most contributions.
      Show's just not real popular.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I'm pretty relieved at the return to the pace they established in earlier seasons. I understand they had to do last season on fast forward to get this thing back to the dock by the time the clock runs out, but it was pretty disappointing. I guess we're getting a war for the next four episodes and then a coronation?
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
          I'm pretty relieved at the return to the pace they established in earlier seasons. I understand they had to do last season on fast forward to get this thing back to the dock by the time the clock runs out, but it was pretty disappointing. I guess we're getting a war for the next four episodes and then a coronation?
          It'd be epic if the Night King killed everyone and then moved on Cersei. People would lose their minds.
          "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

I'm pretty relieved at the return to the pace they established in earlier seasons. I understand they had to do last season on fast forward to get this thing back to the dock by the time the clock runs out, but it was pretty disappointing. I guess we're getting a war for the next four episodes and then a coronation?
            i think we probably only get two episodes max of this war. maybe even one.
            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
              I'd say you've got your panties in a twist - but apparently you don't wear any.
              Oh I missed this. No, I don't wear panties. You are dead on.
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                It'd be epic if the Night King killed everyone and then moved on Cersei. People would lose their minds.
                And then smash cut to Jon and Khaleesi breaking the fourth wall Wayne's World style, introducing about three different endgame scenarios. IT'S UP TO YOU, THE VIEWER, TO DECIDE WHAT REALLY HAPPENS. fade to black.

Comment

• I like Khaleesi, but she can be really dumb, too. Her roasting people with dragons for no reason was not what I call starting on the right foot right before every living soul does battle vs. the ice army.

Also, the way I see this ending is that she is married to her nephew and he remains King in the North. That's probably the least interesting result here. What I'm more interested in are all the other miscellaneous pieces. Where does Jaime end up? Maester of the Night Watch? Does Gendry join forces with Arya and become the ruling Lord of the House Baratheon?

My concern is that they'll spend too much time on CGI battles and stuff and not tie everything up with a bow.

Comment

• The anticipation this week is pretty bad. I'm assuming that at least one of the characters I like is going to die in the next episode. I think it's easier to deal with knowing that some of the characters you like could die at any time, rather than one of the characters you like is going to die this Sunday.
                    If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalCoug View Post
                      The anticipation this week is pretty bad. I'm assuming that at least one of the characters I like is going to die in the next episode. I think it's easier to deal with knowing that some of the characters you like could die at any time, rather than one of the characters you like is going to die this Sunday.
                      I say that Brienne of Tarth is donezo. Also, Theon, Torgonudo, Jorah Mormont, Lady Mormont, Dolorous Ned, Samwell Tarly, and one of the dragons.
                      "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

I like Khaleesi, but she can be really dumb, too. Her roasting people with dragons for no reason was not what I call starting on the right foot right before every living soul does battle vs. the ice army.

Also, the way I see this ending is that she is married to her nephew and he remains King in the North. That's probably the least interesting result here. What I'm more interested in are all the other miscellaneous pieces. Where does Jaime end up? Maester of the Night Watch? Does Gendry join forces with Arya and become the ruling Lord of the House Baratheon?

My concern is that they'll spend too much time on CGI battles and stuff and not tie everything up with a bow.
                        I'm worried about this too. GOT hasn't overdone battle scenes in the past at least as far as I remember, which I find totally boring in ever movie and why I gave up on comic book movies. So I hope they don't do that now. But they've built up this war for so long, and I'm sure most of the fan base wants to see big, long war scenes, so I guess we'll see.

They seem to be setting up some tension over whether or not Dany will split with Jon over this rightful heir issue. That's an interesting angle. I don't see her giving it up. I see him offering it back to her and ruling together. But I don't think she could go for that very easily. It will always undermine her authority and ego.

Comment

I say that Brienne of Tarth is donezo. Also, Theon, Torgonudo, Jorah Mormont, Lady Mormont, Dolorous Ned, Samwell Tarly, and one of the dragons.
                          Anakin, you're breaking my heart.

Comment

I think your death roster is almost spot on. But for Samwell Tarly and maybe Tormund Giantsbane (the last wilding?). Probably need to add Beric Dondarrion to the list. Also think Arya Stark might be a casualty but really hope she isn't.

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                            They seem to be setting up some tension over whether or not Dany will split with Jon over this rightful heir issue. That's an interesting angle. I don't see her giving it up. I see him offering it back to her and ruling together. But I don't think she could go for that very easily. It will always undermine her authority and ego.
                            My theory is that Jon Aegon and Dany decide to rule Westeros together. Dany is already pregnant with his child and dies giving birth to the future heir of the seven kingdoms.
                            “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                            "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

• Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
                              I think your death roster is almost spot on. But for Samwell Tarly and maybe Tormund Giantsbane (the last wilding?). Probably need to add Beric Dondarrion to the list. Also think Arya Stark might be a casualty but really hope she isn't.

My theory is that Jon Aegon and Dany decide to rule Westeros together. Dany is already pregnant with his child and dies giving birth to the future heir of the seven kingdoms.
                              Ahh, the son rises in the West(eros)? If that prophecy boils down to a homophone, that's a great dad joke.

I think Sansa's dead too.

Comment

• Starks live. Dany lives. Brienne lives. Tyrion lives. Davos lives. Greyworm lives. Sam lives. Hound lives. Everyone else dies.
                                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                                -Turtle
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X