Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3846474849 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1442

Thread: HBO's Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    Yeah good point- I'm sure Jon is really looking forward to nailing his 15-year-old sister.
    I'd say you've got your panties in a twist - but apparently you don't wear any.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

that episode was boring sjbh
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by clackamascoug View Post
    What? I said I understood your point of view-- the paragon of virtue, the One True King, the protagonist of the show has a lower moral composition than Cersei and Jaime, being not only incestuous, but an incestuous pedophile.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

What? I said I understood your point of view-- the paragon of virtue, the One True King, the protagonist of the show has a lower moral composition than Cersei and Jaime, being not only incestuous, but an incestuous pedophile.
    For the record - we're talking about a fantasy show with flying dragons, dead people who fight wars, dire wolfs, maim and torture, previous incestuous relationships, eunuch armies, legal brothels, death & rebirth, women giving birth to dark energy fields, nudity and violence, and you're telling me the paragon of virtue can't love a person "who is not his sister" "whom he loves," "and has always had a special relationship with?" So... Arya can be a cold blooded killer - but she's too young according to the GOT premise to be a sexual person? We don't know her exact age - but even Jon Snow called her a "woman" in S8E1. You're looking at GOT through your own eyes not GRRM. I predict Danny or Arya will die before the end, and Jon will end up with the living person.

Ask me another - I'm on a roll.
    Last edited by clackamascoug; 04-15-2019 at 06:12 PM.

For the record - we're talking about a fantasy show with flying dragons, dead people who fight wars, dire wolfs, maim and torture, previous incestuous relationships, eunuch armies, legal brothels, death & rebirth, women giving birth to dark energy fields, nudity and violence, and you're telling me the paragon of virtue can't love a person "who is not his sister" "whom he loves," "and has always had a special relationship with?" So... Arya can be a cold blooded killer - but she's too young according to the GOT premise to be a sexual person? We don't know her exact age - but even Jon Snow called her a "woman" in S8E1. You're looking at GOT through your own eyes not GRRM. I predict Danny or Arya will die before the end, and Jon will end up with the living person.

Ask me another - I'm on a roll.

I think Arya ends up in a sexual situation with the ice dragon and the ghost of her aunt, Lyanna Stark. Bank on it.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

I'm sure most of you have already seen this, skip to the music starting around the 30 second mark.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

No, Clack none of us thought that, despite the GOT incest theme, most of us don't go there.

Not great episode, but fun to have GOT back. They really missed a marketing win to put this thing in the dead of winter and lead it with "Winter is coming" all Christmas break.

I went to watch this and all of a sudden, I didn't have HBO subscription, had to pay $15 to add to my Comcast XFinity. I've been watching HBO this whole time. Did HBO play a fast one to up subscription revenue? Or was that a quirk for my system?

yeah Clack is def the only one thinking that but he is used to being on an island with his opinions.
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

But seriously. I think most of us that were paying attention see that Arya and Gendry are about to be the power couple of the series...

Looks like the big fight will be next week - and then we'll have three episodes to find the winner of the Game of Thrones.

Looks like Danny is going to have to kill Jon to keep her pole position. Or bend the knee.

Maybe I was wrong. I can't be right all the time.

I can't be right all the time.
    No one is worried about that being a problem.

top 3 episode of the series? i think so

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    I thought the episode was fantastic. I enjoy a good foundation building.

Tormund is the best.

You stay around and watch the "After the Episode" stuff? It was really good this week.

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    The fireplace scene was so fantastic.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

MG hasn't posted in this thread in about 5 years and still has the 2nd most contributions.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    MG hasn't posted in this thread in about 5 years and still has the 2nd most contributions.
    Show's just not real popular.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

I'm pretty relieved at the return to the pace they established in earlier seasons. I understand they had to do last season on fast forward to get this thing back to the dock by the time the clock runs out, but it was pretty disappointing. I guess we're getting a war for the next four episodes and then a coronation?

I'm pretty relieved at the return to the pace they established in earlier seasons. I understand they had to do last season on fast forward to get this thing back to the dock by the time the clock runs out, but it was pretty disappointing. I guess we're getting a war for the next four episodes and then a coronation?
    It'd be epic if the Night King killed everyone and then moved on Cersei. People would lose their minds.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

i think we probably only get two episodes max of this war. maybe even one.

Oh I missed this. No, I don't wear panties. You are dead on.

Quote Originally Posted by wuapinmon View Post
    It'd be epic if the Night King killed everyone and then moved on Cersei. People would lose their minds.
    And then smash cut to Jon and Khaleesi breaking the fourth wall Wayne's World style, introducing about three different endgame scenarios. IT'S UP TO YOU, THE VIEWER, TO DECIDE WHAT REALLY HAPPENS. fade to black.

I like Khaleesi, but she can be really dumb, too. Her roasting people with dragons for no reason was not what I call starting on the right foot right before every living soul does battle vs. the ice army.

Also, the way I see this ending is that she is married to her nephew and he remains King in the North. That's probably the least interesting result here. What I'm more interested in are all the other miscellaneous pieces. Where does Jaime end up? Maester of the Night Watch? Does Gendry join forces with Arya and become the ruling Lord of the House Baratheon?

My concern is that they'll spend too much time on CGI battles and stuff and not tie everything up with a bow.

Ragnar Lodbrok Descendant SoCalCoug's Avatar

The anticipation this week is pretty bad. I'm assuming that at least one of the characters I like is going to die in the next episode. I think it's easier to deal with knowing that some of the characters you like could die at any time, rather than one of the characters you like is going to die this Sunday.
    If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalCoug View Post
    The anticipation this week is pretty bad. I'm assuming that at least one of the characters I like is going to die in the next episode. I think it's easier to deal with knowing that some of the characters you like could die at any time, rather than one of the characters you like is going to die this Sunday.
    I say that Brienne of Tarth is donezo. Also, Theon, Torgonudo, Jorah Mormont, Lady Mormont, Dolorous Ned, Samwell Tarly, and one of the dragons.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

I like Khaleesi, but she can be really dumb, too. Her roasting people with dragons for no reason was not what I call starting on the right foot right before every living soul does battle vs. the ice army.

Also, the way I see this ending is that she is married to her nephew and he remains King in the North. That's probably the least interesting result here. What I'm more interested in are all the other miscellaneous pieces. Where does Jaime end up? Maester of the Night Watch? Does Gendry join forces with Arya and become the ruling Lord of the House Baratheon?

My concern is that they'll spend too much time on CGI battles and stuff and not tie everything up with a bow.
    I'm worried about this too. GOT hasn't overdone battle scenes in the past at least as far as I remember, which I find totally boring in ever movie and why I gave up on comic book movies. So I hope they don't do that now. But they've built up this war for so long, and I'm sure most of the fan base wants to see big, long war scenes, so I guess we'll see.

They seem to be setting up some tension over whether or not Dany will split with Jon over this rightful heir issue. That's an interesting angle. I don't see her giving it up. I see him offering it back to her and ruling together. But I don't think she could go for that very easily. It will always undermine her authority and ego.

I say that Brienne of Tarth is donezo. Also, Theon, Torgonudo, Jorah Mormont, Lady Mormont, Dolorous Ned, Samwell Tarly, and one of the dragons.
    Anakin, you're breaking my heart.

Signature won a Pulitzer Paperback Writer's Avatar

I think your death roster is almost spot on. But for Samwell Tarly and maybe Tormund Giantsbane (the last wilding?). Probably need to add Beric Dondarrion to the list. Also think Arya Stark might be a casualty but really hope she isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
    They seem to be setting up some tension over whether or not Dany will split with Jon over this rightful heir issue. That's an interesting angle. I don't see her giving it up. I see him offering it back to her and ruling together. But I don't think she could go for that very easily. It will always undermine her authority and ego.
    My theory is that Jon Aegon and Dany decide to rule Westeros together. Dany is already pregnant with his child and dies giving birth to the future heir of the seven kingdoms.
    “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
    "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Quote Originally Posted by Paperback Writer View Post
    I think your death roster is almost spot on. But for Samwell Tarly and maybe Tormund Giantsbane (the last wilding?). Probably need to add Beric Dondarrion to the list. Also think Arya Stark might be a casualty but really hope she isn't.

My theory is that Jon Aegon and Dany decide to rule Westeros together. Dany is already pregnant with his child and dies giving birth to the future heir of the seven kingdoms.
    Ahh, the son rises in the West(eros)? If that prophecy boils down to a homophone, that's a great dad joke.

I think Sansa's dead too.

Starks live. Dany lives. Brienne lives. Tyrion lives. Davos lives. Greyworm lives. Sam lives. Hound lives. Everyone else dies.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle