HBO's Game of Thrones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    LOL Any parent stupid enough to name their kid after a fictional character deserves a little scorn. I do feel bad for the kids, and would never want a child to be teased by his/her classmates. In fact, I told my son Frodo, that very thing, this morning
    That's because you were smart and picked a name of a fictional character whose narrative trajectory is done.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
      they’re killing off all of the quality ones.

Spoiler for good ones:
      missandei, red witch lady, ros, margaery, ygritte, probably dany
      Old lady red witch for sure

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
        Old lady red witch for sure
        I miss Ros.
        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
        -Turtle
        sigpic

Comment

• Glad to know that I can reach out for professional counseling when GoT ends tomorrow.

I feel LOST.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-end-show.html

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
          -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
            Glad to know that I can reach out for professional counseling when GoT ends tomorrow.

I feel LOST.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-end-show.html
            So if someone is reaching out for therapy because Game of Thrones ending it's probably a good indicator they need therapy for other reasons.

Comment

• I was happy with the ending.

Comment

• are you kidding me
                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Oh man I can't believe that the fantasy dragon show about the realm and kingdoms ended with such a twist!!! Super surprised!

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                    I was happy with the ending.
                    I felt like they really mailed this one in. What did you find to be a highlight?

I guess the only reason Martin gave Jon the claim to the throne was to lazily contribute to Dany's madness?

Why was Tyrion at the conference/trial thingy but not Jon?
                    Last edited by frank ryan; 05-19-2019, 10:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                      I felt like they really mailed this one in. What did you find to be a highlight?

I guess the only reason Martin gave Jon the claim to the throne was to lazily contribute to Dany's madness?

Why was Tyrion at the conference/trial thingy but not Jon?
                      [SPOILER]I'll highlight what we knew all along - but didn't want to believe - Bran has been pulling the strings the whole time. To get to the throne he had to manipulate history - making the mad king go crazy - building the wall as Bran the Builder - knowing who Jon Snow for a long time - letting the Night King touch him so they'd have a connection where Arya could ultimately kill him - morging into Dany making her mad at the end acting out the mandate of "burn them all." There are dozens of examples.

Most every character was manipulated by Bran to do what they did. For all we know - he even coerced Jamie to push out of the tower. Bran went back into the past - examined the possibilities - and made his path to power through manipulation of the major players. In the end - Bran got what he worked for all along.

Jon going up north had been alluded to very much through the show. He was a true northerner - and he didn't want the throne either. Sansa got what she wanted - Bran took care of that for her - and Arya is off on a new adventure and a whole new series of books and potentially another 3 year series.
                      [/SPOILER]
                      Last edited by clackamascoug; 05-19-2019, 11:16 PM.

Comment

• I enjoyed the final season, but the last episode was disappointing for me. Actually just the last half. The first half was solid. Bran? He's been the most annoying, boring character the entire time. Also, the whole bit about considering a democratic form of government? Thyrion seemed like he was about to go into Federalist Papers logic, thankfully they cut that off quickly.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                          I enjoyed the final season, but the last episode was disappointing for me. Actually just the last half. The first half was solid. Bran? He's been the most annoying, boring character the entire time. Also, the whole bit about considering a democratic form of government? Thyrion seemed like he was about to go into Federalist Papers logic, thankfully they cut that off quickly.
                          I was ok with the change in government part. They just survived the apocalypse, and that’s as good s time as any to change things up, but Bran is an odd choice.

Comment

• I wonder how people would have felt had they made Sam Tarly the king. TBH, that would have made more sense than Creepy Bran. The logic that Tyrion employs to argue for Bran made zero sense.
                            Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                              I wonder how people would have felt had they made Sam Tarly the king. TBH, that would have made more sense than Creepy Bran. The logic that Tyrion employs to argue for Bran made zero sense.
                              It makes way more sense. Sansa makes way more sense.

Comment

• Cool ending, and very in line with the ethos of the show. I think we all agree that the last two seasons should have been stretched out over about 25-30 more ponderous episodes, but that would have probably been pretty cost prohibitive and everybody involved has other things on the back burner. Ironic that the wild success of the show hastened its end rather than facilitated the slow burner we wanted. Oh well.
                                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Working...
                                X