Clear All

• So is Bran Stark the Night King?

Comment

• Its a popular theory. I hope not.
      Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
        So is Bran Stark the Night King?
        i think so. the scene where the children of the forest create the night king immediately cuts to bran waking up from a nightmare.
        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
          So is Bran Stark the Night King?
          If I understand it, he goes into the Night King's mind as he's getting turned into the Night King and gets caught in his head. Is that correct? I believe the rest of the theory is that the Children of the Forest created the White Walkers to combat humans but didn't necessarily want them to have the power over the dead (both human and animal), but because Bran gets caught in his mind, the Night King gets a certain version of his powers.

This all sounds very

Another thing I'm wondering about is whether Sam and Gendry will have a chance meet up and figure out how to make valyrian steel. IIRC, Gendry trained under the dude that melted down Ned Stark's sword and made it into Brienne's (from Jaime) and Joffrey's (now Jaimie's) swords. If someone can melt and reform the valyrian steel, then they just need to then figure out the constituents of the steel to make more. I wonder if something in the library materials Sam took from Oldtown will tell him what it's made of -- or, they'll tell Sam how to analyze what's in a given compound, and Sam uses the sword he took from his father to figure it out. The process is probably arduous, which means Gendry can't just make a thousand swords for everyone, but he could make a spear for one of Qyburn's giant crossbows which would certainly come in handy.

This was one of the few cold opens of the show -- and the opening scene from Season 4. They're playing the Rains of Castamere and Tywin throws the wolfskin on the fire, the point of the scene could just be showing Tywin's potential destruction of House Stark...or there could also be a Chekov's Gun aspect to it.

Last edited by Color Me Badd Fan; 08-23-2017, 12:34 PM.
          Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
            i think so. the scene where the children of the forest create the night king immediately cuts to bran waking up from a nightmare.
            huh, doesnt it immediately cut to him coming out of the vision? Why would he be the night king if the other 3 eyed dude wasnt?

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
              Its a popular theory. I hope not.
              It's a dumb theory. They have some sort of connection or tie together? Sure. They're the same person? Dumb.

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                If I understand it, he goes into the Night King's mind as he's getting turned into the Night King and gets caught in his head. Is that correct? I believe the rest of the theory is that the Children of the Forest created the White Walkers to combat humans but didn't necessarily want them to have the power over the dead (both human and animal), but because Bran gets caught in his mind, the Night King gets a certain version of his powers.

This all sounds very

Another thing I'm wondering about is whether Sam and Gendry will have a chance meet up and figure out how to make valyrian steel. IIRC, Gendry trained under the dude that melted down Ned Stark's sword and made it into Brienne's (from Jaime) and Joffrey's (now Jaimie's) swords. If someone can melt and reform the valyrian steel, then they just need to then figure out the constituents of the steel to make more. I wonder if something in the library materials Sam took from Oldtown will tell him what it's made of -- or, they'll tell Sam how to analyze what's in a given compound, and Sam uses the sword he took from his father to figure it out. The process is probably arduous, which means Gendry can't just make a thousand swords for everyone, but he could make a spear for one of Qyburn's giant crossbows which would certainly come in handy.

This was one of the few cold opens of the show -- and the opening scene from Season 4. They're playing the Rains of Castamere and Tywin throws the wolfskin on the fire, the point of the scene could just be showing Tywin's potential destruction of House Stark...or there could also be a Chekov's Gun aspect to it.

So is the theory that bran controls the NK or just the NK controls part of bran or what?

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                  So is the theory that bran controls the NK or just the NK controls part of bran or what?
                  I'm not sure, but I believe Bran's mind gets trapped in the Night King (hasn't happened in the current timeline yet) at some point which gives the Night King his powers to create more White Walkers and animate dead humans and animals. The reason why the White Walkers are just now coming down again after thousands of years is because Bran is actually just now alive in the current timeline. I'm not sure why it would be important for them to come down because of Bran.
                  Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Holy crap!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

• Parts of it I loved.

Parts of it I didn't.

Meh?

Comment

• [SPOILER]It was nice seeing Littlefinger receive his just reward. I'd forgotten how many sins he had.[/SPOILER]

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                          Parts of it I loved.

Parts of it I didn't.

Meh?
                          what parts didnt you like?

Id say overall top 5 episode of series

Comment

• It was great. I'm glad they put Jon's real name out there, but I feel like that whole scene was really extra-emphatic for the people who are slow on the uptake-- all this stuff had already been revealed between this season and last.

Spoiler for the rest:

Maybe Littlefinger died a little quickly seeing as he was pretty much the main villain in the series, but I couldn't stand all the weirdness between the stark sisters, so I'm glad that got cleared up, at least. Cersei sucks, and Jaime is more than seeing that now. She tried to head fake him with the Mountain killing him like she did w Tyrion, and she is really going overboard w all her lies--- Jaime clearly can't stand honorless actions. Jaime is the last seriously conflicted character in the show (with a new baby on the way and everything), and he's really emerged as one of my favorites. I loved that scene between Jon and Theon-- one of the really poignant and moving moments of the show (and very Tolkein-esque) and liked the scene where Theon gets his balls back so to speak. Whether he gets instantly gutted or not, he is about as close to being redeemed as you ever will see a fallen character in fiction (this side of Kylo Ren in a couple years. ) Admirably done season, considering they weren't adapting Martin, and wormholes notwithstanding.
                            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• completely horse shit that we won't get the final 6 episodes until 2019
                              Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                                completely horse shit that we won't get the final 6 episodes until 2019
                                That will give me a chance to re-watch the series. I feel like I want to re-watch that stuff on the Wall with Aegon Targaryn's brother, his story about 'egg' and see if there are any knowing winks to Jon, among other things.
                                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Working...
                                X