X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
    what parts didnt you like?

Id say overall top 5 episode of series
    The pregnancy thing is bullshit. Go ahead and write that one down now.

I didn't care for the Night King riding in on the dragon that now breaths ice? Lame.

The red hair dude dies and we don't see any of it? Come on.

Dude from the Iron Island just happens to bail to go pick up a new army...that was dumb as well.

Things I liked:

Bronn. He kills it in every show. Had me LOL a few times.
    Tyrian. He's great.
    Brienn and Jamie. That's going to happen.

And I'm not spoiler tagging any of this. It is a 46 page thread on GoT. If you click this thread, you better have watched the show.

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
      It was great. I'm glad they put Jon's real name out there, but I feel like that whole scene was really extra-emphatic for the people who are slow on the uptake-- all this stuff had already been revealed between this season and last.

Spoiler for the rest:

Maybe Littlefinger died a little quickly seeing as he was pretty much the main villain in the series, but I couldn't stand all the weirdness between the stark sisters, so I'm glad that got cleared up, at least. Cersei sucks, and Jaime is more than seeing that now. She tried to head fake him with the Mountain killing him like she did w Tyrion, and she is really going overboard w all her lies--- Jaime clearly can't stand honorless actions. Jaime is the last seriously conflicted character in the show (with a new baby on the way and everything), and he's really emerged as one of my favorites. I loved that scene between Jon and Theon-- one of the really poignant and moving moments of the show (and very Tolkein-esque) and liked the scene where Theon gets his balls back so to speak. Whether he gets instantly gutted or not, he is about as close to being redeemed as you ever will see a fallen character in fiction (this side of Kylo Ren in a couple years. ) Admirably done season, considering they weren't adapting Martin, and wormholes notwithstanding.
      I was kind of curious why Tyrion was skulking about while the Targaryens were making whoopie.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
        The pregnancy thing is bullshit. Go ahead and write that one down now.

I didn't care for the Night King riding in on the dragon that now breaths ice? Lame.

The red hair dude dies and we don't see any of it? Come on.

Dude from the Iron Island just happens to bail to go pick up a new army...that was dumb as well.

Things I liked:

Bronn. He kills it in every show. Had me LOL a few times.
        Tyrian. He's great.
        Brienn and Jamie. That's going to happen.

And I'm not spoiler tagging any of this. It is a 46 page thread on GoT. If you click this thread, you better have watched the show.
        Red hair dude didn't die. He was standing on the part of the wall that didn't fall. Iron Island dude didn't just happen to go pick up the army, Cersei told Euron to do it.
        "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
        "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
        This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
        "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
        "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• tormund killing jaime after walking in on him banging brienne would be awesome
          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

The best part of this season? All the superior-acting assholes who read the book can't come here and turn their nose up at your speculations and theories because they apparently got accepted to some prestigious PhD program that allowed them to read the GRM books. That's right, Collie Wollie.
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• My going away thought last night....How was the Night King going to breach the wall with no dragon?

How fortuitous.

Comment

My going away thought last night....How was the Night King going to breach the wall with no dragon?

How fortuitous.
                I thought he would have his underlings latch onto the wall and form a human ice ladder, which he would terrifyingly ascend and convert the Watch when he got to the top.
                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                  I thought he would have his underlings latch onto the wall and form a human ice ladder, which he would terrifyingly ascend and convert the Watch when he got to the top.
                  The wildlings were nearly able to do it with a lot less people (especially giants) and less magic at a defended location.
                  "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                  "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                  This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                  "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                  "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                    but left him in a vegetable?

Comment

• So...if you started Game of Thrones Season 1 Episode 1 last night, and watch one episode every night, you will finish up the Saturday evening before the Series Finale season premier. Do it!

Like a buddy of FB said last night. Going through it again is like putting a puzzle together, that you've already done before, but now you know what you are doing.

Comment

• HBO's Game of Thrones

Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                        So...if you started Game of Thrones Season 1 Episode 1 last night, and watch one episode every night, you will finish up the Saturday evening before the Series Finale season premier. Do it!

Like a buddy of FB said last night. Going through it again is like putting a puzzle together, that you've already done before, but now you know what you are doing.
                        When is the Series Finale season finale? You should count back from that instead. Can you imagine watching a GOT per night and then having to wait a week for each of the last 10 episodes?
                        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

So...if you started Game of Thrones Season 1 Episode 1 last night, and watch one episode every night, you will finish up the Saturday evening before the Series Finale season premier. Do it!

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• After considerable debate, a few days ago Mrs. PAC and I decided to watch GoT, in part so we could to discuss it with three of our kids who love it. I was a bit apprehensive as the missus is repelled by violence and sex in movies, but she loves British costume dramas which I've convinced her this is. Anyway, we're already mid-way through Season 3 and despite some reservations, we're really into it (and tonight's episode was boob-free, much to the delight of one of us). We expected Tyrion to be the villain we're supposed to hate, but we love the character and Dinklage is truly a fine actor. And the many surprises and shocks each episode keep bringing us back. We'll catch up by the time, or shortly after, Season 8 begins in a couple of weeks. HBO Go is a blessing...

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                              After considerable debate, a few days ago Mrs. PAC and I decided to watch GoT, in part so we could to discuss it with three of our kids who love it. I was a bit apprehensive as the missus is repelled by violence and sex in movies, but she loves British costume dramas which I've convinced her this is. Anyway, we're already mid-way through Season 3 and despite some reservations, we're really into it (and tonight's episode was boob-free, much to the delight of one of us). We expected Tyrion to be the villain we're supposed to hate, but we love the character and Dinklage is truly a fine actor. And the many surprises and shocks each episode keep bringing us back. We'll catch up by the time, or shortly after, Season 8 begins in a couple of weeks. HBO Go is a blessing...
                              The boobs seem to steadily diminish as the seasons march on.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I've been a GOT fan since season 1. During each season, I typically watched each episode several times during the week because I have bouts of insomnia and I just like taking in all the detail. I also tend to remember most of the content of films and shows that I enjoy. Last summer my spouse went to China for several weeks with her mother while I stayed home, worked, and binged on GOT at night since there was no competition for the remote. Last month, my spouse had the idea to watch an episode of GOT every night to get through all seven seasons before season 8 begins. I was enthusiastic at first but lately its become a chore. As an episode starts, I recall most of the scenes and just tune into the ones of interest to me. It is interesting to note some of the foreshadowing that the writers placed throughout when they knew were the story or plot lines were going. Likewise, its interesting to note some of the minor discrepancies when the writers decided to change course. Very much looking forward to season 8.
                                “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                                "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

Working...
                                X