No announcement yet.

HBO's Game of Thrones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was nice that Dany was able to throw back a Starbucks' Peppermint Mocha (grande) during the post-battle chillaxin'.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/06/enter...rnd/index.html

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
      Since I'm positive life force - let's look at the good things in 8-04.

- Honoring their dead was a good way to move on.
      - The show is setting up Dany for a fall. She gives River Run to Gendry, when she full well knows that she's not the rightful person to be handing out largess.
      - Dany is pressing hard for Jon to lie - so she can keep her pole position.
      - Dany's stump speech for the crown from day one - "I'm the rightful heir to the throne." Now that she know's she's the "rightful heir" she's becoming just another power grabber.
      - Firming up the differences of Sansa and Dany. Making Dany look manic and power hungry. Part of the continuing trend of Dany failing at her coup.
      - The conversation between Varys and Tyrion - was most excellent. That scene - setting up future events, with Varys even saying that he's willing to die... that's a big deal.
      - The half-cocked attempt to take out Greyjoy and his ships was also setting up that Dany's luck has turned in every direction and her leadership is failing.
      - Mesidenry's head being chopped at the end is a harbinger of "nobody is safe" and "nobody knows" where this thing is going.

That's what I want in a TV show - to be kept on my toes. Right now - with only two episodes left - I've no idea where this is going - and Cersi might even pull it off in the end.

I'm thinking - all three mains die in the end - and Gendry is the ultimate winner after the apparent winner is disqualified after running too wide coming off the rail and loses their head.
      It won't end with Gendry being king.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
        It won't end with Gendry being king.
        I wouldn't be surprised if there is no Kings Landing, or it resembles Dresden in 1945 and there is no Iron Throne in the traditional sense. The real seat of power ends up in Winterfell where Sansa basically has the power since Jon basically abdicated and Bran is now Creepy Bran.
        Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Just figured out the end of the GoT...

Cersi has been playing Greyjoy... telling him that she bares his child. When Tyrian tells Cersi at the end that she should choose to live for the unborn child - Greyjoy learns that Cersi was playing him because Tryian could have never known her condition unless it was before Cersi and Greyjoy had sex.... Greyjoy - a late comer to the plot line - but a more major one in the books - is going to flip and help Jon as an act of revenge on Cersi.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
          -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
            Why make the protagonists so consistently stupid? Has Tyrion been right about anything since he left King's Landing at the end of Season 4? What the hell was Bran doing with the crows during the battle of Winterfell? Why don't they use him to spy on Euron's fleet?
            Not to mention how Dany riding a Dragon at altitude does not spot a fleet of enemy ships. A basic tenet of military strategy is reconnaissance which seems to have been ignored during the last couple of conflicts. Somehow, team Dany was able to locate the Lannister-Tarly army marching from High Garden to King's Landing but not able to spot and attack a massive zombie army in advance before it arrives at the gates of Winterfell or able to spot a fleet of Greyjoy ships waiting in ambush at Dragonstone. And maybe, just maybe, warging Bran could give Jon or Dany a "heads up" like beware of those massive scorpion crossbow weapons Cersei has built and deployed.
            “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
            "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

• Honestly rooting for Cersei to win at this point (or at least for Cersei and Dany to both die, which is a real possibility). Could Dany be any more stupid last night? Why not burn Euron's fleet after he killed the first dragon? Do the dragon's have a range of like 100 feet or something?

Comment

• "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• I'm not a Throner, but I've had A LOT of schadenfreude hearing about this final season of HBO's chosen-child. I'm sure this is primarily due to a show with dragons and zombies, being discussed in the same sentence as the Baltimore crack scene, New Jersey gangsters, and Albuquerque meth makers.

I saw this clip on Twitter. It made me chuckle.
                  Last edited by Art Vandelay; 05-07-2019, 05:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                    I'm not a Throner, but I have been get A LOT of schadenfreude hearing about this final season of HBO chosen child. I'm sure this is primarily due to a show with dragons and zombies, being discussed in the same sentence as the Baltimore crack scene, New Jersey gangsters, and Albuquerque meth makers.

I saw this clip on Twitter. It made me chuckle.
                    Just wait until these two massacre Star Wars.

This season has been incredibly dumb.
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                      Just wait until these two massacre Star Wars.

This season has been incredibly dumb.
                      You can't essentially have nearly a two year build up and then shit the bed. Its been pretty frustrating.
                      Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                        You can't essentially have nearly a two year build up and then shit the bed. Its been pretty frustrating.
                        That last episode was such a hot pile of poo. Offer Bronn lordship to kill her brothers, then Tyrion is standing in front of her and she's like let him talk. Nevermind Cersei could have taken out Dany, Drogon, and everyone else and been done with this right then and there. And all of a sudden King's Landing is in the desert. WTF?
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

Comment

• If you go on Twitter there’s a bunch of threads with plot leaks from the last two episodes. I’d post them here as a favor to people who don’t want to wait until it shows on TV but JL would lose his shit and ban me for life even though I’m a super moderator (p much a made man on this board). That’s the monster we created like king Joffrey.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                            If you go on Twitter there’s a bunch of threads with plot leaks from the last two episodes. I’d post them here as a favor to people who don’t want to wait until it shows on TV but JL would lose his shit and ban me for life even though I’m a super moderator (p much a made man on this board). That’s the monster we created like king Joffrey.
                            Go ahead and try it, if you're feeling that confident.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                              If you go on Twitter there’s a bunch of threads with plot leaks from the last two episodes. I’d post them here as a favor to people who don’t want to wait until it shows on TV but JL would lose his shit and ban me for life even though I’m a super moderator (p much a made man on this board). That’s the monster we created like king Joffrey.
                              People claim multiple endings and red herring scenes were filmed.
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

Comment

• I was discussing the ending with a friend and he feels like Dany is going to betray Jon and kill him, at which point she is the new Mad Queen and she will then be taken out by somebody unexpected and we get a King Baratheon or Queen Stark on the throne.

I told him that was a decent take, but that Dany will make the difficult decision to kill him to maintain her grip on the Realms of Men. However, when she says "DRACARYS" and Jon is tragically consumed by rare dragon flames, much to the shock and chagrin of the entire television audience, the camera will get a tight shot on her face, which will transform from determination and sadness to bewilderment and shock when Jon steps out of the flames like SURPRISE, BITCH! AEGON TARGARYEN IN THE HOUSE and takes his place on the Iron throne, but not before letting her down easy by slipping a Valerian steel dagger into her kidney.
                                Last edited by Commando; 05-09-2019, 04:36 PM.
                                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Working...
                                X