HBO's Game of Thrones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    After considerable debate, a few days ago Mrs. PAC and I decided to watch GoT, in part so we could to discuss it with three of our kids who love it. I was a bit apprehensive as the missus is repelled by violence and sex in movies, but she loves British costume dramas which I've convinced her this is. Anyway, we're already mid-way through Season 3 and despite some reservations, we're really into it (and tonight's episode was boob-free, much to the delight of one of us). We expected Tyrion to be the villain we're supposed to hate, but we love the character and Dinklage is truly a fine actor. And the many surprises and shocks each episode keep bringing us back. We'll catch up by the time, or shortly after, Season 8 begins in a couple of weeks. HBO Go is a blessing...
    PAC, you're becoming quite the prude.

Originally posted by falafel View Post
    The boobs seem to steadily diminish as the seasons march on.
    How discouraging.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• I started listening to the Audiobooks for GOT on my commute. It enhances the TV show that much more. Good stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
        The boobs seem to steadily diminish as the seasons march on.
        Come for the boobs. Stay for the writing.
        “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

• Originally posted by Copelius View Post
          Come for the boobs. Stay for the writing.
          - Hugh Hefner.
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• The nice thing about GOT is that each season is better than the last. As good as season 3 is wait till you get to 6 & 7. There are some truly great moments in the story.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
            -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
              The nice thing about GOT is that each season is better than the last. As good as season 3 is wait till you get to 6 & 7. There are some truly great moments in the story.
              Yeah, but I feel like this last season was way rushed. They don't have time on the clock to get the fully marinated story out like they used to do, so now it's on fast forward a little.
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Which is a shame, but at least they are busting out this final season so we can get cracking on the Old Republic Star Wars trilogy! :rockon2:

Comment

• PSA don't spoil anything in this thread or JL will ban you.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                    PSA don't spoil anything in this thread or JL will ban you.
                    yes but also if you’re not caught up maybe don’t be a dummy and click on a thread about the show
                    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                      yes but also if you’re not caught up maybe don’t be a dummy and click on a thread about the show
                      Or show incredible and uncharacteristic self-restraint by viewing this thread only up to the original broadcast date of the show one has binged to (I'm up to April 2014).

Comment

• That was awesome.

The actor portraying Samuel Tarley handled both of his scenes exceptionally. Very good.

Comment

• Only five episodes left - they've got to cram a lot of things in to tidy this story up.

- The truth about "who you are" scene kind of fell flat - was thinking it would be more.
                          - Is Sansa acting the spoiled child again - or is she onto something?
                          - Anyone get the vibe that Jon and Aria will end up together?

"You've ruined horses for me."

Comment

Only five episodes left - they've got to cram a lot of things in to tidy this story up.

- The truth about "who you are" scene kind of fell flat - was thinking it would be more.
                            - Is Sansa acting the spoiled child again - or is she onto something?
                            - Anyone get the vibe that Jon and Aria will end up together?

"You've ruined horses for me."
                            Ew. No. What's wrong with you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                              Ew. No. What's wrong with you?
                              Have you ever watched GOT?

Comment

Have you ever watched GOT?
                                Yeah good point- I'm sure Jon is really looking forward to nailing his 15-year-old sister.

Comment

Working...
                                X