Emergency Preparedness Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by camleish View Post
    i just emailed mountain house to see what one would need to do to get dealer pricing with regard to minimum quantities/dollar totals. it sounds like food storage sales have gone through the roof all over the internet... nitro-pak is giving a 160 day time frame for orders to ship.
    Let me know what you find out...

Comment

Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
      Let me know what you find out...
      [camleish], I am sorry but we are not opening any new accounts at this time. We are not able to support any additional business at this time.

Sorry,
      Melanie
      sounds like a dang good time to be in the food storage business.
      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

check Wise Food. They have a good selection. Not sure on dealer pricing....

Comment

Has anyone checked out Daily Bread?

They are located in Kaysville, UT. I guess their warehouse is in SLC.

Is this a reputable company?

Comment

Originally posted by camleish View Post
            sounds like a dang good time to be in the food storage business.
            Dang.

Comment

Wise foods looks like it'll be about 2500 LESS than Daily Bread for a year supply of 3 meals per day for a family of 2 adults and 3 kids.

Daily Bread is 9000+ for a year supply.

Ouch.

Comment

Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
                Wise foods looks like it'll be about 2500 LESS than Daily Bread for a year supply of 3 meals per day for a family of 2 adults and 3 kids.

Daily Bread is 9000+ for a year supply.

Ouch.
                Be sure to check what you're getting. Most year supply are two meals about 2400 calories/day. 3 meals seems like a good deal to me.
                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                -Turtle
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                  Be sure to check what you're getting. Most year supply are two meals about 2400 calories/day. 3 meals seems like a good deal to me.

1 year 3 meals for 2 adults 4 kids is $6,650.00
                  1 year 2 meals for 2 adults 4 kids is $4,495.00

Daily bread website doesn't offer pricing, but is endorsed by Glen Beck!

Comment

our supply is from daily bread, but was a gift and i would never pay that much for it.
                    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                      1 year 3 meals for 2 adults 4 kids is $6,650.00
                      1 year 2 meals for 2 adults 4 kids is $4,495.00

Daily bread website doesn't offer pricing, but is endorsed by Glen Beck!
                      I called Daily Bread. They claim to be located in Kaysville. Wise Food claims to be in Centerville.

I'm suprised there seems to be that much of a disparity.

I was quoted 9000+ for 2 adults and 3 kids for 3 meals/day for 12 months.

I'm going to have to talk to Wise Food.

The guy at Daily Bread says if we do a year, he'll throw in a bunch of free food, but not that much!

Daily Bread seems to have a much larger variety of entrees than Wise Food.

Hmm... That's almost 200/month difference. If not more.

Comment

I just found a Wise Food discount coupon for 10%.

I wonder if they'll let me apply the coupon and pick up the food at their warehouse if it's in Utah. Their HQ is in Centerville.

Comment

What do you recommend for a quality lighter?

It seems that the Brunton Firestorm is a bad ass lighter and is sold out most places. It seems that you can find one here.. I am just not sure that I want to drop $40 on a lighter.

Coach, what do you use?
                          I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
                            What do you recommend for a quality lighter?

It seems that the Brunton Firestorm is a bad ass lighter and is sold out most places. It seems that you can find one here.. I am just not sure that I want to drop $40 on a lighter.

Coach, what do you use?
                            Don't you have a little Benzomatic torch? I was just looking at a catalog that some Zippos in it and was looking at their pen torches. That Brunton looks cool. But $40 is expensive. The $15 Zippos seems pricy to me.
                            -Turtle
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                              Don't you have a little Benzomatic torch? I was just looking at a catalog that some Zippos in it and was looking at their pen torches. That Brunton looks cool. But $40 is expensive. The $15 Zippos seems pricy to me.
                              Yes I do but I am trying to piece together a bag, similar to what Coach has and what you are starting, and the torch is a bit chunky. You can find knock-off zippos for about $4.00/ea.
                              I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
                                Yes I do but I am trying to piece together a bag, similar to what Coach has and what you are starting, and the torch is a bit chunky. You can find knock-off zippos for about $4.00/ea.
                                A cigar torch would probably work well. But it won't be waterproof like that one you linked.
                                -Turtle
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X