DeWalt v. Milwaukee v. Makita

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
    Looks like the Makita goes to 3000 RPM vs. the Milwaukee going to 250, not really the same tool. The Milwaukee probably is a lot more precise and fits in tighter spots.

Maybe I can find a reason to get a couple 12V tools and go with Milwaukee at that voltage.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

This is a beaut

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Makita-1...02PT/301122947

You can find this for cheaper on Amazon or EBAY.

I got a deal on a package with the 18v string trimmer, and hedge trimmer. The hedge trimmer arrived and it's okay. I might just turn around and keep the 18v string trimmer boxed and sell it on EBay and then get the 36v version.

The 36v blower is ridiculous.
      Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

This is a beaut

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Makita-1...02PT/301122947

You can find this for cheaper on Amazon or EBAY.

I got a deal on a package with the 18v string trimmer, and hedge trimmer. The hedge trimmer arrived and it's okay. I might just turn around and keep the 18v string trimmer boxed and sell it on EBay and then get the 36v version.

The 36v blower is ridiculous.
        Less is more (beaut).

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Sun-Joe-...597E/302974122

You're welcome.
        You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
        Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
        You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          I recently ordered this baby for myself for father's day:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

can't wait to try it out.
          They have this ratchet in a kit that includes the M12 Fuel Hackzall, charger and 4.0 amp battery.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwauke...7-20/205810117

I bought it and it has a partial refund value for the Hackzall kit of $108, so basically you can get the ratchet alone for around $72. The problem is: 1) I don't otherwise have an M12 battery or charger; and 2) The Fuel Hackzall appears to be a really great tool, it's hard to give it up. I already have a 18v Makita sawzall, but the Hackzall is a lot lighter and easier to handle.

Comment

They have this ratchet in a kit that includes the M12 Fuel Hackzall, charger and 4.0 amp battery.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwauke...7-20/205810117

I bought it and it has a partial refund value for the Hackzall kit of $108, so basically you can get the ratchet alone for around $72. The problem is: 1) I don't otherwise have an M12 battery or charger; and 2) The Fuel Hackzall appears to be a really great tool, it's hard to give it up. I already have a 18v Makita sawzall, but the Hackzall is a lot lighter and easier to handle.
            I love that ratchet by the way. I use it all the time now.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I love that ratchet by the way. I use it all the time now.

I ended up keeping the ratchet and bringing the hackzall kit back which had the charger and battery. Now I don't have a battery or charger for the ratchet. So I need to know what other M12 tools are worth getting. For Makita 18v, I already have a 1/4 impact, oscillating tool, sawzall, outdoor power equipment and a vacuum. I don't know what M12 tools that would fill a want/need that isn't already met with the Makita stuff I have -- I'm thinking either the rotary tool, the screwdriver or even the barrel-grip jigsaw. Home Depot often has deals on a kit that includes the rotary tool, I just don't see why I'd ever use it.

I plan on buying a drill, but I'm getting this to go with my Makita batteries:

https://www.amazon.com/Makita-XPH07Z...gateway&sr=8-1

Comment

Does anyone have a battery operated mower? Makita came out with a new brushless model so they may be closing out the older model. $250 for a battery-operated mower seems like a pretty good deal. I have about 2500 sq feet of grass between the front and back, but I don't usually mow them at the same time. I also have five batteries that would work with this mower.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Makita-1...L02Z/206825310

Comment

Does anyone have a battery operated mower? Makita came out with a new brushless model so they may be closing out the older model. $250 for a battery-operated mower seems like a pretty good deal. I have about 2500 sq feet of grass between the front and back, but I don't usually mow them at the same time. I also have five batteries that would work with this mower.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Makita-1...L02Z/206825310
                  My son has an electric Ryobi that I used once. I liked it. My next mower will be electric for sure.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

My next door neighbor has one and loves it.

Comment

My son has an electric Ryobi that I used once. I liked it. My next mower will be electric for sure.
                      I've had the same Toro for 11 years. For the most part, it still works pretty well except for the self-propulsion. On a flat area it's fine, but it doesn't seem like it does much while going up a slope. This Makita isn't self-propelled but it only weighs 40 lbs.

Comment

It seems like the Ryobis and other ones they sell at HD typically have 20-21 inch decks. This Makita only has a 17 inch blade.

It looks like most of the Ryobis have batteries that don't work with their other tools, more or less a one-off. The availability of batteries in the future and their expense is a concern. To this day, you can still find batteries that will work on Makita drills from the 80s.

But that 17 inch deck on the Makita...

Comment

I highly recommend this tool, if only to carry it around in the car in the event of a flat. The power to size ratio is remarkable.

Comment

I highly recommend this tool, if only to carry it around in the car in the event of a flat. The power to size ratio is remarkable.

Comment

I just bought a Dewalt 20v XR impact driver on offer up. I've got a bunch of Dewalt batteries so I might as well stick with them. I've been wanting an impact driver ever since Molieddie gushed about his years ago. Strange thing to remember.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

JCNID.jpg
                                "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                                "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                                This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                                "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                                "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

Working...
                                X