BYU Coach Dave Rose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beelzebabette View Post
    Just think how much they can charge Emergency Essentials to run advertisements during devotionals.
    They can coordinate the advertising efforts with the topic. Modbe clothing will make a killing with all the modesty/chastity talks.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Holy Hell. Where did they hold that presser, a janitorial closest?

Comment

You guys almost lost Dave Rose. It was a lot closer than you think. They had to play the old "calling" card to get him to stay. I thought he was his own man. I guess not.

http://www.utefans.net/message.php?id=1184270

I'd rather have Coach K2 anyway. This just confirms it.
        When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
          You guys almost lost Dave Rose. It was a lot closer than you think. They had to play the old "calling" card to get him to stay. I thought he was his own man. I guess not.

That is a well-reasoned and thoughtful post by TheMightyAlaskanUte. His logic is impressive, even for UFN's lofty standards.
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Yup. I have it from a great source that he was ready to sign a contract with Utah for 10 years at 450k per year when a phone call came in from President Monson. President Monson forbade him sign the contract with Utah and told him he had a greater calling from God to coach BYU for free. Dave Rose, the obedient man that he is, left the room forthwith and drove back to Provo.

Comment

I usually am more politic than this but ... BULLSHIT! If "close" to being the Ute coach means he took the phone call, then it is true but that's all. He was closer to taking the Oklahoma job than the U job and he discarded both out of hand. Although religion played a hand in his decision, so did community and the way his family has been treated by the Y.

Comment

i have been pretty much off the board for a few days. Nice to see some things here never really change. Seeing this post from SU is like a welcome home after a trip.
                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                  Yup. I have it from a great source that he was ready to sign a contract with Utah for 10 years at 450k per year when a phone call came in from President Monson. President Monson forbade him sign the contract with Utah and told him he had a greater calling from God to coach BYU for free. Dave Rose, the obedient man that he is, left the room forthwith and drove back to Provo.
                  I knew it. I just KNEW it!
                  “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                  ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                  -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                  --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
                    I usually am more politic than this but ... BULLSHIT! If "close" to being the Ute coach means he took the phone call, then it is true but that's all. He was closer to taking the Oklahoma job than the U job and he discarded both out of hand. Although religion played a hand in his decision, so did community and the way his family has been treated by the Y.
                    Man, I can't believe you bit on that one.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                      I knew it. I just KNEW it!
                      SO did I. After all, who could ever really believe the prophet was a UTE?
                      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                        SO did I. After all, who could ever really believe the prophet was a UTE?
                        Zing.
                        “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                        ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

Comment

Wow. UteStar dropped the hammer in that thread. Probably his best post...ever.

Comment

Sheesh, SU. Using MightyAlaskanUte as your source material? I assume your depositions are going OT these days, 'cuz you've been mailing it in.

Comment

― W.H. Auden

Comment

Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                                lol! Good one LA Ute. You posted that because Seattle Ute hooked us. Very clever!

Comment

Working...
                                X