BYU Coach Dave Rose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
    Dave Rose is only 6 years from being an assistant himiself.

In his 6 years as head coach, Rose has placed two of his assistants at other MWC schools as Head Coaches.

Pretty darn good ratio.
    I don't think Schroyer was ever an assistant for Rose. He was already at PSU when I was in Portland.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
      I don't think Schroyer was ever an assistant for Rose. He was already at PSU when I was in Portland.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
      You are correct. He left BYU about 10 years ago.
      A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post

Where is good ole PU when the shoe's on the other foot?

I suspect you're probably talking about Rose at the end there. I was thinking more collectively, including coaches in all sports that have found their genesis at BYU. I hope Rice becomes a fixture in Las Vegas.
        Oops. I meant Rose's assistants, not Rice's.
        “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
        ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
        -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
        --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

• Fantastic quote from Dave Rose, last night, in regards to the loss of Collinsworth and Rogers.
          "I'll talk about it tonight, then I won't talk about it again."
          With that said, I think Bronco could say the same thing and the perception would be the exact opposite.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
            Fantastic quote from Dave Rose, last night, in regards to the loss of Collinsworth and Rogers.

With that said, I think Bronco could say the same thing and the perception would be the exact opposite.
            I think you are probably right. I can't take the time to come up with another example so I will go with this one. Obama could say something and Romney say the exact thing and the perception would be the opposite.

We each build our own framework through which people perceive what we mean when we say something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
              Fantastic quote from Dave Rose, last night, in regards to the loss of Collinsworth and Rogers.

That has to be difficult for both players.
              Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• BYU's basketball program ranked No. 9 in the nation by Basketball Times. Only teams with a .667 winning percentage or greater are considered, and the rankings are based on winning, graduation rate, academic reputation and "perceived cleanliness of the program." The rankings are done every five years, and this is the first time BYU has been mentioned since the first edition in 1997. Yet another reason to love Dave Rose.
                Last edited by PaloAltoCougar; 11-02-2012, 03:49 PM.

Comment

• I'm surprised no one has posted about Rose having a heart attack yesterday. It's good to see it didn't turn out too serious. He seems to be using up his 9 lives, at a pretty rapid pace.

Last edited by Art Vandelay; 10-24-2019, 08:02 AM.

Comment

• It was pretty serious. Something like 2 stents and if he hadn’t woken up in the middle of the night he wouldn’t have woken up at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
                      It was pretty serious. Something like 2 stents and if he hadn’t woken up in the middle of the night he wouldn’t have woken up at all.
                      Glad he is doing ok.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/kslnewsradio/sta...364579328?s=19

Comment

• Dang, best wishes.

Comment

Working...
                          X