No announcement yet.

Video Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I high, or isn't there a newer, better video games thread? This one is old balls.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

The worst part of having a switch is that a kid can undock it and go hide in a corner and play on it or watch youtube like on a kindle or iPad. If you don't want that, but want them to zone out in a large room all day, get one of the other ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
        Am I high, or isn't there a newer, better video games thread? This one is old balls.
        Those are not necessarily mutually exclusive.
        Originally posted by beefytee View Post
        The worst part of having a switch is that a kid can undock it and go hide in a corner and play on it or watch youtube like on a kindle or iPad. If you don't want that, but want them to zone out in a large room all day, get one of the other ones.
        As for the YouTube watching, can that be blocked with the parental controls?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
          Those are not necessarily mutually exclusive.
          As for the YouTube watching, can that be blocked with the parental controls?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
          Yeah there are parental controls. You can block sites and games and set time limits. etc.

Comment

Originally posted by beefytee View Post
            Yeah there are parental controls. You can block sites and games and set time limits. etc.
            Yep. And all activity gets sent to your phone if you want
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Finding a Switch is super hard right now though. Nintendo is producing a new console shortly...so they aren't producing any my Switch's.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                Finding a Switch is super hard right now though. Nintendo is producing a new console shortly...so they aren't producing any my Switch's.
                For real? That's cool. I'm definitely getting the new Xbox and maybe a bit later the new PS5, but the new Nintendo is always a day 1 get for me. I actually don't think it's a new console-- I think it's going to be a mid-generation level-up, like a SwitchPro or something--- a switch with a bit of enhanced memory and storage.

The switch has been in short supply during the pandemic, though-- everyone wants a piece of that sweet, sweet Animal Crossing stay-at-home blues balm.

Comment

So my wife went to the video game store (buy-sell-trade) the other day with my son. She learned that there are games similar to MarioKart available on other consoles, which opened up the possibility of PlayStation or XBox. She really liked the PS3 since it was a lot less expensive than the Switch and the used games are less expensive and more readily available. Our son, somewhat surprisingly, also preferred the PS3 to the Switch, saying he prefers the PS3 controllers.

So I got the PS3 and a handful of games:

Little Big Planet
                  Ratchet & Clank
                  Just Dance
                  NBA 2K something
                  Wheel of Fortune

The kids also mentioned Spyro as a game they wanted, but I think the store only had a PS1 version in stock. I'll be on the lookout for a PS3 version.

Any other non-violent multi-player (especially 3+players) games I should be considering?
                  "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                  - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                    So my wife went to the video game store (buy-sell-trade) the other day with my son. She learned that there are games similar to MarioKart available on other consoles, which opened up the possibility of PlayStation or XBox. She really liked the PS3 since it was a lot less expensive than the Switch and the used games are less expensive and more readily available. Our son, somewhat surprisingly, also preferred the PS3 to the Switch, saying he prefers the PS3 controllers.

So I got the PS3 and a handful of games:

Little Big Planet
                    Ratchet & Clank
                    Just Dance
                    NBA 2K something
                    Wheel of Fortune

The kids also mentioned Spyro as a game they wanted, but I think the store only had a PS1 version in stock. I'll be on the lookout for a PS3 version.

Any other non-violent multi-player (especially 3+players) games I should be considering?
                    My girls have enjoyed the Just Dance games. But on the PlayStation, I think they require to you hold a smartphone in-hand while dancing. At the start of the lockdown, we bought a Kinect (had to buy it used b/c MS stopped making them a couple years ago) for our Xbox One and several Just Dance games and they've seen a lot of action.
                    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
                      My girls have enjoyed the Just Dance games. But on the PlayStation, I think they require to you hold a smartphone in-hand while dancing. At the start of the lockdown, we bought a Kinect (had to buy it used b/c MS stopped making them a couple years ago) for our Xbox One and several Just Dance games and they've seen a lot of action.
                      The guys at the video game store (VIP Gamestore on Overland, since you're local) told us the PS3 version of Just Dance requires motion controllers (https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ac...on-controller/), which they said don't get traded into their store very often since they also work with PS4. I'm in the process of looking for a good deal online.
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                      X