1st annual CUF ride around Tahoe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st annual CUF ride around Tahoe

Place your votes for what your preference would be for a CUF bike ride at Lake Tahoe later this summer. All skill and fitness levels are encouraged to respond and attend.

See the Moab thread for details of where we are thinking of going. In short, the two options are a road ride around the lake and a mountain bike ride on the Lake Tahoe Rim Trail. If time and interest permits, we could also do both.

Please give one answer for the date and one answer for the type of ride you would prefer.
    Weekend of 7/31 - 8/2
    22.86%
    Weekend of 8/7 - 8/9
    8.57%
    Road Ride - 72 miles around the lake
    34.29%
    Mountain bike ride - up to 75 miles on the rim trail
    11.43%
    I would like to do both mountain and road bike rides
    22.86%

The poll is expired.

Steelblue, that maverik, wants to ride the road, but won't tell us when.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

BTW, I took it upon myself to sticky this thread. If anyone is really upset about that, Too stinkin'; bad.

no, no, just kidding. Just let me know.
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

As of now, I'm indifferent on the weekend.

Comment

I voted for the first of the two weekends, but I really am fairly flexible at this point. Either one would work for me.

Also, While I like both road and mountain biking, a road ride is probably easier to coordinate a large group ride. Especially if none of us knew where in the sam we were going on the dirt.

Comment

We'll be in Tahoe the week prior. We'll miss you guys.
            What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
            -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
              I voted for the first of the two weekends, but I really am fairly flexible at this point. Either one would work for me.

Also, While I like both road and mountain biking, a road ride is probably easier to coordinate a large group ride. Especially if none of us knew where in the sam we were going on the dirt.
              I am thinking we make the first choice in the poll the featured event and then have a second day tag along for anyone else interested in the other event.
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Will there be an East Coast edition?
                Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
                  Will there be an East Coast edition?
                  O come on. Youcan do it. Between the group out here we can proabbyl find a bike for you to use. Just get yourself here. I have a garage full of bikes. I will agree to laon what I can to anyone here who needs one. (assuming I can make it; stikll need ot check on some things)
                  PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by marsupial View Post
                    We'll be in Tahoe the week prior. We'll miss you guys.
                    well would you ride if you could make it? If so, cant you adjust your schedules for one of theset wo weekends?
                    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Can someone let Archaea and Waters and the gang on CG know abut this event? Of coursethey are all invited. I am a little reluctant to do it over there, as I don't want to annoy anyone.
                      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                        Can someone let Archaea and Waters and the gang on CG know abut this event? Of coursethey are all invited. I am a little reluctant to do it over there, as I don't want to annoy anyone.
                        I'll call Arch and let him know.

Comment

Should I be embarrassed to admit I already told him?

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                            well would you ride if you could make it? If so, cant you adjust your schedules for one of theset wo weekends?
                            No, the danimal family reunion in Tahoe is already set. And no, the only bike I get on is a spin bike... But we plan on attending the BYU game in Dallas in the fall so hopefully we'll get to meet some of you then.
                            What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
                            -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Originally posted by marsupial View Post
                              No, the danimal family reunion in Tahoe is already set. And no, the only bike I get on is a spin bike... But we plan on attending the BYU game in Dallas in the fall so hopefully we'll get to meet some of you then.
                              Jen told you that you and she and I are crashing at her place, right?

Comment

Working...
                              X