Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Check out your Blenders here

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    I still have the Ninja. Whenever we use it I like to drop the line "Slice like a ninja, cut like a razor blade!"
    Vanilla Ice.

Quote Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    Co selling the Blendtec with silencer. What model to you all have?

http://www.costco.com/Blendtec-Pro-8...100137400.html
    We have the designer series. In black. Not sure when the last time it was used. Although I've got some butternut squash that I may work some magic with this weekend.

We were visiting my aunt over the weekend and she caved to my children's request for pancakes. To make them, she pulled out the oldest Vitamix I've ever seen. Pretty sure it was from the 70s. Still kicking. I was impressed. But given that we average use of ours about once a month, it might last that long as well.

If Jesus really does hate rich people, expensive blenders that rarely get used is probably the reason.

We have a vitamix that we use almost daily, between my wife and me. I guess it's loud, but it never occurred to me her a silencer. Seems like it would be more annoying than worth it.

Pancake batter? Because your fork just doesn't work?
    At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
    -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Quote Originally Posted by ERCougar View Post
    Pancake batter? Because your fork just doesn't work?
    I thought it was an odd choice as well. And the pancakes were awful. But an unlumpy awful. So there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
    I thought it was an odd choice as well. And the pancakes were awful. But an unlumpy awful. So there's that.
    Pancake batter should be a bit lumpy.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

Quote Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
    Pancake batter should be a bit lumpy.
    I assure you that I have never used an electronic appliance in my personal pancake batter mixing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
    I assure you that I have never used an electronic appliance in my personal pancake batter mixing.
    I'm just saying. Fork, whisk, Vitamix; don't overmix pancake batter.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

I still have the Ninja. Whenever we use it I like to drop the line "Slice like a ninja, cut like a razor blade!"
    Damn!
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wuapinmon View Post
    Damn!
    Blends things up so fast that's exactly what other DJs say.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Finally pulled the trigger on a Blendtec after all my other cheapo blenders keep crapping out. Should be here soon.

How many of you guys have had to use your warranty to get replacements? 8 year warranty is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post
    Finally pulled the trigger on a Blendtec after all my other cheapo blenders keep crapping out. Should be here soon.

How many of you guys have had to use your warranty to get replacements? 8 year warranty is awesome!
    No problems with mine after 4 years
    "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

We had a problem with the jar but they sent us a new one right away. It's been the best blender ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Yup ours is maybe 4 years old. No problems. Gets the job done for smoothies/milkshakes every time.

We are on our third Blendtec in 3 years. Both defective units have been replaced for free. The second one failed June of last year while we were using it to make smoothies for an end-of-school-year party. Had to blow the dust off of the Waring Pro.

I think the warranty resets with each replacement model, but not 100% sure about that.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar

Still have my $100 Ninja. We still put rock hard frozen fruit, directly from the freezer in it.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

No problems with our refurbished Vitamix. Couple years or so. Frozen Kirkland strawberries are a consistent ingredient.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Still have my $100 Ninja. We still put rock hard frozen fruit, directly from the freezer in it.
    Yeah but at best I bet you use it 1.5 times/day.

Quote Originally Posted by hostile View Post
    No problems with mine after 4 years
    How much do you use it? Do you feel it's been worth the money?
    Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Douger View Post
    How much do you use it? Do you feel it's been worth the money?
    In 4 years it has run over 1000 cycles so maybe 4-5 times per week. We use it for a lot of stuff: smoothies, shakes, frozen lemonade, soup, pesto, whipped cream, canning jam... I think it has been worth it.
    "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

We've had ours 6 or 7 years. Never had an issue.
    "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Everyone here still Blendtec fans? We're due for a real blender. Most reviews are good, but there are a handful of really negative reviews that give me pause.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Everyone here still Blendtec fans? We're due for a real blender. Most reviews are good, but there are a handful of really negative reviews that give me pause.
    My wife returned her Blendtec for a Vitamix. My DIL did the same thing. They like the design better.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

I’ve had mine for several years. No big problems and it gets used almost daily. The stand has a tendency to vibrate at high speeds and I need to hold it in place.

I have never tried a Vitamix so I can’t compare.

This thread title is still an abomination. My blender isn't even in here.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    This thread title is still an abomination. My blender isn't even in here.
    You've got the Magic Bullet too?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    My wife returned her Blendtec for a Vitamix. My DIL did the same thing. They like the design better.
    Quote Originally Posted by hostile View Post
    I’ve had mine for several years. No big problems and it gets used almost daily. The stand has a tendency to vibrate at high speeds and I need to hold it in place.

I have never tried a Vitamix so I can’t compare.
    My sister has a Blendtec but prefers my Vitamix because of its sturdier base. Had I known about Blendtec before purchasing my Vitamix, I probably would have gone with the Blendtec.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    My sister has a Blendtec but prefers my Vitamix because of its sturdier base. Had I known about Blendtec before purchasing my Vitamix, I probably would have gone with the Blendtec.
    Sounds like you two need to get together and do a simple swap.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Sounds like you two need to get together and do a simple swap.
    I'm not saying I want her Blendtec. I'm saying I probably would have purchased a Blendtec - primarily because they seem more cost-effective. Since I've already got the Vitamix, I have no need/desire to switch to what my sister considers an inferior product.
    - Goatnapper'96

Whatever you buy... buy it from Costco. That much is probably obvious.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump