Check out your Blenders here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out your Blenders here

Have any of you ever used a Blendtec? Are they worth it? There is a 'great' sale for a reconditioned Blendtec for $250. It has a 10 year warranty on it. https://www.blendtec.com/sxsw

I know that it is still pretty expensive but curious to those that have used one or used a vitamax and if you were pleased with the purchase.

They're louder than a helicopter but yeah, they work like crazy. I wouldn't get one for personal use. Even at Jamba Juice et al. they use sound guards on them to try to keep the noise to a minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by UteStar View Post
      Have any of you ever used a Blendtec? Are they worth it? There is a 'great' sale for a reconditioned Blendtec for $250. It has a 10 year warranty on it. https://www.blendtec.com/sxsw

I know that it is still pretty expensive but curious to those that have used one or used a vitamax and if you were pleased with the purchase.
      I have a Blendtec. We use it multiple times daily for some pretty gnarly grinding action. Wildly awesome, and $250 is a good deal.
      Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

Originally posted by nikuman View Post
        I have a Blendtec. We use it multiple times daily for some pretty gnarly grinding action. Wildly awesome, and $250 is a good deal.
        Of course you have one and of course 250 for a blender is a great deal!

You should put your money where your mouth is and offer to pay 2.5% of the cost.

Comment

I bust a blender about every 8-10 months. Are these bad boys really worth it? Do you just make smoothies with them? What else are they good for? I also have a Cuisinart food processor.
          What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
          -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Originally posted by marsupial View Post
            I bust a blender about every 8-10 months. Are these bad boys really worth it? Do you just make smoothies with them? What else are they good for? I also have a Cuisinart food processor.
            We do a lot with them. We make two or three smoothies a day in them, depending on who or what is eating, but we just throw in the frozen berries without a problem. We also use it to grind wheat as needed. I haven't tried to blend a garden rake but based on the wear we've had on our for the last two years I'm sure we could.

Like you, we destroyed blenders like mad before this one. This one is used multiple times daily and barely has a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by nikuman View Post
              We do a lot with them. We make two or three smoothies a day in them, depending on who or what is eating, but we just throw in the frozen berries without a problem. We also use it to grind wheat as needed. I haven't tried to blend a garden rake but based on the wear we've had on our for the last two years I'm sure we could.

Like you, we destroyed blenders like mad before this one. This one is used multiple times daily and barely has a scratch.
              Good to know. I may have to put this on the Mother's Day or birthday list. Could you make peanut butter or almond butter with it?
              What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
              -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Good to know. I may have to put this on the Mother's Day or birthday list. Could you make peanut butter or almond butter with it?
                We haven't tried but I'm sure it has the horsepower to do it.

Comment

I bet you could make fresh tahini with it. Anyone tried that?
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Ok guys...time to see how good you are all with color of blender choices. Make your selection here:

Comment

Originally posted by UteStar View Post
                      Ok guys...time to see how good you are all with color of blender choices. Make your selection here:

Anything but red. Red is the color of evil, and I wouldn't want to make evil smoothies.
                      If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

If I check my blender here, how can I be sure to get it back? Do you issue claim slips?

TIA.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Anybody have any experience with something like this?

http://www.macys.com/catalog/product...6-_-77-_-MP677

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            If I check my blender here, how can I be sure to get it back? Do you issue claim slips?

TIA.
                            Just buy a cheap blender at Costco and get a refund every time it wears out.
                            "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
                              Just buy a cheap blender at Costco and get a refund every time it wears out.
                              That's fine, but who's going to store it for me in the mean time? Utestar offered, but has apparently reneged.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                              X