No announcement yet.

Check out your Blenders here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, appreciated the heads-up on this blender. We got one and its great. Perfect smoothies.....and a $489 blender for $250 is a sweet deal.

Comment

Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
      Just buy a cheap blender at Costco and get a refund every time it wears out.
      Is this the way to go?

I want a kickass blender so do I have spend for a BlendTec or a Vitamix or somesuch to get it?

Is there a secret hidden value somewhere in a blender that runs less than $100?
      Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

It can't all be wedding cake.

Comment

Anybody tried this guy?

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...S&Sp=C&topnav=
        Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

It can't all be wedding cake.

Comment

My wife bought a Blendtech recently after going back and forth on it and the Vitamix for several weeks. She's thrilled with it.
          "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

Originally posted by kccougar View Post
            My wife bought a Blendtech recently after going back and forth on it and the Vitamix for several weeks. She's thrilled with it.
            After years of burning through cheap blenders, we did some research an settled on the vitamix. Like nik, we use it every day. We use it so much, it sits on our counter, never to be put away.

IMO, the vitamix pushing wand is a big enough pro to give it the advantage over blendtech.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
              After years of burning through cheap blenders, we did some research an settled on the vitamix. Like nik, we use it every day. We use it so much, it sits on our counter, never to be put away.

IMO, the vitamix pushing wand is a big enough pro to give it the advantage over blendtech.
              What my wife liked about the Blendtech is that you didn't need a wand to keep pushing stuff down into the blade.
              "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

What my wife liked about the Blendtech is that you didn't need a wand to keep pushing stuff down into the blade.
                If that is the case, then advantage goes to blendtech. I just assumed that was an issue with all blenders. Regardless, I love how these powerful blenders chop through ice so easily. When we got ours, Little Robin laughed at us and said it was just like the South Park episode called Margaritaville, in which the men of SP all buy expensive margarita machines. Many smoothies later, he has changed his opinion

Comment

Blendtec refurb on ebay for $199:
                  http://compare.ebay.com/like/3504904...=sbar&_lwgsi=y
                  At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                  -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

We got a Blendtec for Christmas. Holy cow, I feel like I need to put on a safety belt when I turn it on. Fun little appliance.

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    I bet you could make fresh tahini with it. Anyone tried that?
                    (answering my own question). Don't bother making tahini. Just throw in a 1/2 C of sesame seeds with your other hummus ingredients and it all comes out as smooth as silk.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

My wife loves her Blendtec.

Comment

My wife loves her Blendtec.
                        My wife love MY Vitamix.

Comment

This is next year's Zojirushi for the wuaps.
                          "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

We bought a Vitamix last year. I cant say that it is any better or worse than a Blendtec, but it is pretty damn impressive. It came with a dry ingredient blending container as well as the regular one. Makes great smoothies.
                            "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Tank View Post
                              We bought a Vitamix last year. I cant say that it is any better or worse than a Blendtec, but it is pretty damn impressive. It came with a dry ingredient blending container as well as the regular one. Makes great smoothies.
                              Dude, Vitamix is better. We can be polite about this in public, but you and I own the superior blender. I am quite certain my Vitamix could make a smoothy out of a Blendtec.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                                Dude, Vitamix is better. We can be polite about this in public, but you and I own the superior blender. I am quite certain my Vitamix could make a smoothy out of a Blendtec.
                                Why is it better? Because you have to actually do some of the work yourself by pushing the food down?

Comment

Working...
                                X