No announcement yet.

Check out your Blenders here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our blendtec just bit the dust after 4 years of hard use - something like 3000 cycles put on it (that averages out to something like 2.5 a day or so). We called up to see about warranty and it turns out that we have a seven year warranty on it because we got it through Costco. So a new one is on its way. It's not like we haven't hammered on this thing - most cycles involve me dumping a cup and a half of rock hard strawberries straight from the freezer - and even if it wasn't under warranty we'd go get another one right now. Seven year warranty is insane good, though, and apparently the customer service was like, "oh, it broke? No prob, here's a new one."
    Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

We've had a Ninja for about a year now and love it. While we don't use it 2.5 times per day like you, we do fire it up probably once a day and our ingredients are just like yours - frozen fruit straight out of the freezer.

One other thing I will say about the Ninja, the suction cups on the bottom of that thing work better than any others that I have ever seen. I have been working on getting that thing off of my counter for 2 days now and still no luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
        We've had a Ninja for about a year now and love it. While we don't use it 2.5 times per day like you, we do fire it up probably once a day and our ingredients are just like yours - frozen fruit straight out of the freezer.

One other thing I will say about the Ninja, the suction cups on the bottom of that thing work better than any others that I have ever seen. I have been working on getting that thing off of my counter for 2 days now and still no luck.
        You should have said, besides it being called Ninja. Best name by a mile.
        Get confident, stupid
        -landpoke

Comment

effin' search engine. I tried to see a thread on blenders earlier and couldn't. I think I posted in the kitchen appliance thread. We ended up with a Blendtec and love, love, love it. I will echo what was said earlier...the dude is loud but it is not all show. It has 3.0 HP and will chop anything in it's path. I am very happy with how it turned out. We make between 2-3 smoothies a day and my wife uses it a few times throughout the week for sauces. I would do it again without hesitation.
          I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
            UteStar's blender thread is even more lame than his garage door and water softener threads.
            Holy crap, my threads keep giving and giving. 2 years and running strong. I totally rock. I can't wait to start a thread on doorbells. That one should be epic as well.

Comment

Originally posted by kccougar View Post
              What my wife liked about the Blendtech is that you didn't need a wand to keep pushing stuff down into the blade.
              I use the tamper very rarely. Most of my creations are set it and forget it.

I love that my blender's motor is measured in horsepower.
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

I got my wife a Vitamix for Christmas. With both of her parents passing way right around that time we haven't even opened it yet, but we are looking forward to using it.
                “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                  I got my wife a Vitamix for Christmas. With both of her parents passing way right around that time we haven't even opened it yet, but we are looking forward to using it.
                  Sheesh, man. Any other super expensive home kitchen gadgets you wanna brag about?

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                    Sheesh, man. Any other super expensive home kitchen gadgets you wanna brag about?
                    No. Want to talk about this one instead?

apple10bis.jpg
                    Last edited by LA Ute; 05-05-2014, 06:17 PM.
                    “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                    ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                    -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                      No. Want to talk about this one instead?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4227[/ATTACH]

Scale, please? I can't tell if that's to core/slice apples or watermelons.
                      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

Scale, please? I can't tell if that's to core/slice apples or watermelons.
                        Most watermelons don't have cores.
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                          Most watermelons don't have cores.
                          Most.
                          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Co selling the Blendtec with silencer. What model to you all have?

http://www.costco.com/Blendtec-Pro-8...100137400.html

Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                              Co selling the Blendtec with silencer. What model to you all have?

http://www.costco.com/Blendtec-Pro-8...100137400.html

I have a Kitchenaid blender I bought with Westlaw points about a decade ago. Works pretty well.

Comment

I still have the Ninja. Whenever we use it I like to drop the line "Slice like a ninja, cut like a razor blade!"
                                Get confident, stupid
                                -landpoke

Comment

Working...
                                X