Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kathy Ireland weight gain and loss

http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/goddess/k...nd-loss/205?nc

The one picture of her just killed me. Even the rich and famous battle it.

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
    http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/goddess/k...nd-loss/205?nc

The one picture of her just killed me. Even the rich and famous battle it.
    Shawn Briley and Mark Occhilupo are my two favorite surfers because of their weight.

Shawn is just a big boy and kills Pipeline. I have never seen someone his size surf like he does.

Mark is ripped and if you see pictures of him you'd never know that in the middle of his career as a pro surfer he disappeared from the tour because of his struggle with his weight. He got up to over a size 40 waist and was so embarrassed and ashamed that when he'd get new swag from his sponsors he'd have them shipped to the other side of Austrailia so they wouldn't know they were for him. But then he caught the stoke again, got ripped and returned to become a World No. 1 again. Pretty amazing really.

Here's a vid of Briley I found. The last wave he catches is one of legend. Supposedly he paddled out, bombed that wave and got deep. Throws his trademark "up yours" with his fist to the wave as he comes flying out of super deep tube. He rides back to shore. Throws his board down and hands up screaming "mad skills" to everyone on the beach and went home. The guy is legendary.

[YOUTUBE]7KpI5VXuDUk[/YOUTUBE]
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Comment

I suppose this is as good a place as any to discuss the weight gain and loss of others. I am fb friend with a girl who I grew up with in my home ward. She was always very pretty, but was always about 25 lbs overweight. Apparently, after she had children and battled some addiction demons, she was up over 300 lbs. She apparently began using Isagenix, had success, became a down-liner, and is now constantly pimping the stuff. Her before and after photos are impressive, as they show she has gone from morbidly obese to reasonably overweight (honestly, probably right around where she always was growing up, or maybe slightly fitter than that).

In short, while I am impressed by her weight-loss success, but I am not at all blown away by the results. I guess what I'm saying is that her results seem like feasible results for the average person who commits to losing weight:

Before.After eh.JPG

However, as she is an Isagenix MLMer, she is constantly sharing "before/after" success stories of others. She never provides a link to any discussion or testimonials of these people, but just provides a picture and a quick "see what you can do with isagenix!" type comment. Many of the photos she shares are realistic, and it's clear that the person in the before and after photos is the same person. These results often vary between average and very impressive, but are generally believable. The person goes from: overweight to less overweight; thin and unfit to thin and fit; bloated looking to thinner and muscular looking, etc. A couple examples:

Before.After 3.jpg

Before.After 4.jpg

Every once in a while, though, she shares a picture that just seems too good to be true--someone going from morbidly obese to amazingly fit. I'm not saying this doesn't happen--it does. However, inevitably, these extreme success stories she shares are the pictures that are somewhat blurry, out of focus, pixelated, or have some other reason (flash face, too far away, etc) making it difficult to tell if it's actually the same person in the before and after picture. Often they look photoshopped, or they raise questions in my mind as to what happened to the excess skin:

Before.After 2.JPG

I actually think that one is feasible, though it is very curious as to why the flash face. However, today she shared this one:

Before.After.JPG

I guess there is not really any point to this post other than to demonstrate that I"m having a slow day at work and that I really enjoy analyzing before/after weight loss photos and trying to decide if I think they are legit. For the record, the last one above is not, IMHO.
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

The eyebrows look kinda similar?
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

And the fingers.
          "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

And you can see some stretching in her stomach area that would be present if she lost that much weight. So even if it isn't the same woman, it looks like the skinny woman has lost some significant weight.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

No way is that the same woman. No way. She would have far more excess skin and even with surgery to remove it her stomach wouldn't be that taut. There would also be significant scarring under the upper arms that would have been required to remove the "wing bags" that she would've inevitably had after that much weight loss.

Also, the problem with before and after photos is that you really don't know if the before and the after are swapped.

Comment

Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                No way is that the same woman. No way. She would have far more excess skin and even with surgery to remove it her stomach wouldn't be that taut. There would also be significant scarring under the upper arms that would have been required to remove the "wing bags" that she would've inevitably had after that much weight loss.

Also, the problem with before and after photos is that you really don't know if the before and the after are swapped.
                If you've ever spent time on instagram looking at weight loss inspiration accounts, you would know that there are plenty of ways to hide the excess skin that comes from extreme weight loss. Wearing dark pants and pulling them up to your belly button. Standing with your arms covered or hanging down so as not to accentuate the extra skin. There are plenty of ways to make the after pic look like she's a fitness model, when in reality she's still far from having a perfect body (not that she needs one).

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  If you've ever spent time on instagram looking at weight loss inspiration accounts, you would know that there are plenty of ways to hide the excess skin that comes from extreme weight loss. Wearing dark pants and pulling them up to your belly button. Standing with your arms covered or hanging down so as not to accentuate the extra skin. There are plenty of ways to make the after pic look like she's a fitness model, when in reality she's still far from having a perfect body (not that she needs one).
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    Basically the same idea as this whole thread (which I notice you are reading).

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post

Google facial recognition works pretty well these days...

http://evoke.ie/life-style/woman-who...s-her-new-body

Edit: Facebook... https://www.facebook.com/simonesjour...ealth/timeline
                      Last edited by Uncle Ted; 04-12-2017, 11:55 AM.
                      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                        Google facial recognition works pretty well these days...

http://evoke.ie/life-style/woman-who...s-her-new-body

Edit: Facebook... https://www.facebook.com/simonesjour...ealth/timeline
                        She has had a ton of surgeries and she documents them on her facebook page. Pretty amazing transformation.
                        *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                          She has had a ton of surgeries and she documents them on her facebook page. Pretty amazing transformation.
                          Yes, pretty amazing. The question is did she use any of this Isagenix snake oil. Google seems to indicate the answer is no.
                          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                          X