The TrolleyDodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
    I would guess that the passed ball was a case of Molina not keeping his eye on the ball. Yes, he wanted a high fastball and it ended up being a breaking ball in the dirt, but it looked like for a brief instant he took his eye off the ball as it was coming in - most likely to see what the baserunners were doing. It was a mistake on his part, but didn't really have much of an effect on the outcome of the game.
    without the passed ball, Loney is running from home second on the Loretta single. Loney is a good baserunner, but it is possible that there could have been a play at the plate. The Loretta single was short and fielded on the run. You are probably correct, though.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Tim View Post
      That's freaking low, man. LOW. How DARE you speak of St. Tommy that way?!
      You are really, really uptight, Tim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tim View Post
        That's freaking low, man. LOW. How DARE you speak of St. Tommy that way?!
        Non-Dodger fans wish they had someone as colorful and beloved in their organization as Tom Lasorda.
        “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
        ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
        -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
        --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

• If it is wrong to have a man crush on Andre Ethier, I don't want to be right.
          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
          -Turtle
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
            If it is wrong to have a man crush on Andre Ethier, I don't want to be right.
            I will admit mine for both he and Kemp.....
            "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

• This is karma for Albert Pujols being a drug cheater. ManRam paid his penance and now he is being blessed. Pujols has basically been a non-factor in this entire series.

It is also nice to see Julio Lugo do nothing (which is what we are all used to seeing from Julio Lugo, I know).

sigpic

Comment

• Andre Ethier almost hit for the cycle tonight!

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                  Andre Ethier almost hit for the cycle tonight!
                  Did you know that Ethier's wife is LDS? She came down on the field and spoke with Elder Ballard on Mormon night.
                  “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                  ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                  -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                  --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

• Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                    Did you know that Ethier's wife is LDS? She came down on the field and spoke with Elder Ballard on Mormon night.
                    I did not. Yet another reason to love Andre.

In the spirit of Halloween:

sigpic

Comment

• What night will the NLCS start? Will it be Friday along with the ALCS or are they waiting to announce until the Phillies/Purple Dinosaur series is over?
                      "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

• Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                        What night will the NLCS start? Will it be Friday along with the ALCS or are they waiting to announce until the Phillies/Purple Dinosaur series is over?
                        My boss was just telling me it will start on Thurs, regardless of who wins. If that's the case, it would be sweet to have this go 5 games. Then, whoever wins will have flown from Denver to Philly to LA in a 72 hour period.
                        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                          My boss was just telling me it will start on Thurs, regardless of who wins. If that's the case, it would be sweet to have this go 5 games. Then, whoever wins will have flown from Denver to Philly to LA in a 72 hour period.
                          I hope the Phillies/Purple Dinosaurs series goes 5 games for the travel that you pointed out.
                          "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

• As usual, Rauquis not able to close the deal. Looks like they are going to go down in flames tonight. Which wouldn't be a bad thing given how freezing cold it is in Denver.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                              As usual, Rauquis not able to close the deal. Looks like they are going to go down in flames tonight. Which wouldn't be a bad thing given how freezing cold it is in Denver.
                              The forcast for the next week is in the 60s. Is that too cold for your precious Dodgers?
                              "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                              "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                              "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

• Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
                                The forcast for the next week is in the 60s. Is that too cold for your precious Dodgers?
                                That is more like it.

Looks like the Rauquis are putting together a nice little rally to prolong the inevitable.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X