No announcement yet.

The TrolleyDodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Junkie, as a Giants fan, what is your assessment of the Dodger lineup? Hot Lunch and I were texting back and forth about this last night, and one thing that really impressed me during the game (esp because they were down 2 runs in the 8th) was that the lineup can smallball you to death. They just keep coming at you, with the only real liability being in the pitcher slot.

There has been so much excitement around ManRam's power that it seems that everyone is overlooking the team's ability to simply get on base and advance the runner.

Orlando hudson hits for the cycle, follows that up with 3 hits yesterday.

Loney has 3 RBIs yesterday....and ZERO hits.

This is a great lineup.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
      Wow! Nice win by the Blue Crew.

That last pitch was odd. But I will take it.
      I was following the highlights of the game. After the 3-run dinger in the 8th I figured it was over, so I went to bed. I feel like a turd now.
      Visca Catalunya Lliure

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
        I was following the highlights of the game. After the 3-run dinger in the 8th I figured it was over, so I went to bed. I feel like a turd now.
        Oh, man...you missed an exciting one. 2 run rally in the bottom of the 8th.

In the 9th, Dodgers load up the bases with no outs. Loney battles to a 3-2 full count. Then walks in the winning run on a pitch in the dirt.

junkie was mad.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
          That's the worse thing about the east coast. I stayed up until the end of the 3rd quarter the other night for the Lakers/Jazz game. But it was 1am and was dying so I went to bed. These 10:30 PM EST starts that get pushed to 11:00 PM because of the previous game kill me.

Baseball games are even worse as they can last forever.
          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
          -Turtle
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
            Junkie, as a Giants fan, what is your assessment of the Dodger lineup? Hot Lunch and I were texting back and forth about this last night, and one thing that really impressed me during the game (esp because they were down 2 runs in the 8th) was that the lineup can smallball you to death. They just keep coming at you, with the only real liability being in the pitcher slot.

There has been so much excitement around ManRam's power that it seems that everyone is overlooking the team's ability to simply get on base and advance the runner.

Orlando hudson hits for the cycle, follows that up with 3 hits yesterday.

Loney has 3 RBIs yesterday....and ZERO hits.

This is a great lineup.
            Trying to be completely unbiased here:

1. Furcal is not the leadoff hitter he used to be, he actually looks a little pudgy and was thrown out easily by Molina last night, however previous to that he beat out an infield hit which was very nice, I would rather see Kemp leadoff and Furcal hit 2nd.

2. Hudson, O-dawg has always been consistent .280 career hitter, and he is on a tear right now.

3. Manram- top 3 right handed hitters of all time.

4. Ethier- Does Martin usually hit 4th? I think this is where LA may struggle finding that second power bat in the lineup. Ethier is nice but he needs to take the next step to become a 30 hr guy if he is going to hit in this spot.

5. Martin- one of the best hitting catchers in baseball, but he is still a hitting catcher. .280 13 hrs and 80 rbis is not good enough for the 4/5th spot in a lineup. You dont see catchers like Piazza or Todd Hundleys one roided season anymore.

6. Matt Kemp- I think he would be a great leadoff hitter, Carl Crawford type.

7. James Loney- this is where the Dodgers really get tough, when you have Loney in your 7th spot, he is a very good 7 hitter for any team.

8. Casey Blake- once again Blake hitting 8th is huge for any team.

I think the Dodgers lineup besides Manram is full of 5th-6th place hitters which hurts them slightly in the early part of the order but helps them immensely at the bottom. Really they dont have any weakness and they are still relatively young. But I think Loney, Ethier, and Kemp all need to take that next step this year and the Dodgers are a real threat to win it all.
            *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
              Stupid MLB pass blacked out the game here in Eugene. I had it recording while I was at Scouts. I called and was told that we didn't get it because San Francisco is the "local" team.
              Give us San Jose you bastard Giants. You already have Eugene, Oregon why do you need San Jose.
              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

30 minutes to go.

Can the Giants salvage even a shred of dignity?

sigpic

Comment

I love Barry Zito. So does Junkie. He just told me. We are both enjoying this game right now.
                  "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Serious question where were all the Dodger fans last night? That place was empty.

Its amazing that the 2nd most populous metropolitan area in the US can not sell out a baseball game or hold on to a football team. Is there really that much to do in LA?
                        *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                          Serious question where were all the Dodger fans last night? That place was empty.

Its amazing that the 2nd most populous metropolitan area in the US can not sell out a baseball game or hold on to a football team. Is there really that much to do in LA?
                          Give us San Jose.
                          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

In light of the economy, Dodger fans are saving up for when the Dodgers play their rivals, the D-Backs.
                            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Who the hell wants to see Barry Zito vs. Eric Stults?
                              "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

--Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Working...
                                X